• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

tumblr_obspf9tlyc1sj8xx9o1_1280.png

Here is a picture of the F7A mk II.  It sounds like there might be 3 levels of hornet fuselage in Star Citizen, if not Squadron 42. The reworked F7A, the civ model we are used to, and the new F7A mk II.  I suspect that the MK I (initially made for the trailer) might not be salvageable into a flyable asset. This would mean that it would be entirely reworked or based on the standard hornet...which makes a lot of sense. Those with F7A upgrades from 2013 are really interested in what that means. It either means the F7A mk II, a ship we haven't seen yet, or a green skin for the civ hornet.

I think I am the only one, but I really like the base hornet cosmetically. Sure the cockpit could use the improvement, its hard to argue with a smaller profile, missiles coming out of intakes are stupid, and the thrusters are less balanced than the F7A mk II.   The new ship looses some of the thug charm the original had for me. I like the original's rugged look, and it has earned a special place in my heart because of all the fun I have had in it.  It is a killer, a brute,  it doesn't need to be pretty. 

The new one is.

3 hours ago, Scotterius said:

tumblr_obspf9tlyc1sj8xx9o1_1280.png

Here is a picture of the F7A mk II.  It sounds like there might be 3 levels of hornet fuselage in Star Citizen, if not Squadron 42. The reworked F7A, the civ model we are used to, and the new F7A mk II.  I suspect that the MK I (initially made for the trailer) might not be salvageable into a flyable asset. This would mean that it would be entirely reworked or based on the standard hornet...which makes a lot of sense. Those with F7A upgrades from 2013 are really interested in what that means. It either means the F7A mk II, a ship we haven't seen yet, or a green skin for the civ hornet.

I think I am the only one, but I really like the base hornet cosmetically. Sure the cockpit could use the improvement, its hard to argue with a smaller profile, missiles coming out of intakes are stupid, and the thrusters are less balanced than the F7A mk II.   The new ship looses some of the thug charm the original had for me. I like the original's rugged look, and it has earned a special place in my heart because of all the fun I have had in it.  It is a killer, a brute,  it doesn't need to be pretty. 

The new one is.

Well, from what I gather the F7C is the civvie offspring of the F8A mkI, which is not used in the Navy anymore afaik which brings we back to two chassis.

In other words, you will be able to choose if your Hornet is using the MkI chassis or the MarkII at some point, as far as I understood.

Edit: I do have a bit of a beef with the old MkI not because of a dislike of the shape ( I admittedly like the MkII better tbh), but because, being a relic from the very first iteration of ship design, it has no frigging space anything, neither avionics nor armor, it's a ring with a protuding cockpit and an engine literally clamped on, afar cry from newer designs.

Well, from what I gather the F7C is the civvie offspring of the F8A mkI, which is not used in the Navy anymore afaik which brings we back to two chassis.

In other words, you will be able to choose if your Hornet is using the MkI chassis or the MarkII at some point, as far as I understood.

Edit: I do have a bit of a beef with the old MkI not because of a dislike of the shape ( I admittedly like the MkII better tbh), but because, being a relic from the very first iteration of ship design, it has no frigging space anything, neither avionics nor armor, it's a ring with a protuding cockpit and an engine literally clamped on, afar cry from newer designs.

That's why it will be a collector's item in game like I imagine the lore will back up. We will see though. The old hornet definitely looks LIGHTER though. Wondering the possibilities of player enforced handicaps/tourneys in the future....could be awesome.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I am starting to get the hang of the new flight model, and the hornet seems to be great! Its speed isn't that much less than faster craft, due to the overall reduction it seems. And its engine quickly replaces boost, much faster than the aegis ships. And boost is so key to in close fighting. I love this ugly thing. My space donut of death.

hornet_zps8edd8e57.png 

Yes. I drew that. Because I care so much.

• 1 month later...