As you may be aware, we operate a fairly lenient forums with the intent of providing a place where people can discuss ideas free from censorship. Unfortunately, we do have to lay some ground rules to prevent the state of the forums entering anarchy. These rules will be enforced to the best of our abilities. Be aware that repeated violations may result in your account being suspended/banned from our forums.
1. Flames/trolling/hostility/etc: Do not insult (or instigate the insulting of) other Members/Moderators/Admins/other forum users.
- We don't mind active discussion, but there are lines that you do not cross.
2. Moderation decisions: Do not discuss moderation decisions openly on the Forums.
- Any thread or post created for this purpose will be removed without notice. If you wish to discuss an action, or feel that the action taken was inappropriate/severe, please send a PM to one of the HR Officers or Fleet Commanders. The actions of the Moderation team are not final, but do remember that they are there to help keep the peace and do this service without payment.
3. Advertisement of selling/LTI-gifting/buying of packages: These actions are off limits in all forums except the marketplace.
- Any posts for these purposes not in the appropriate section will be closed/deleted.
4. Spam: Do not post spam (pointless messages) to increase your post count.
- This includes copy/pasting your response to a similar question in another thread. If you feel that the information you are conveying is appropriate to the discussion, please quote yourself (You can copy/paste that) and include a link to the other thread in the post. This ensures healthy discussions within multiple threads, and may facilitate users noticing/reading an interesting thread they have not yet read. Likewise, content dumps from other sources of information should be included in a spoiler, with a link to the content in the OP as to reduce both scrolling, but to ensure the original source gets exposure.
5. Off topic: Do not stray from the topic stated within the body of the thread's creator.
- Any content within a post that deviates too far from the topic may be removed, and violating posts could become hidden.
6. Double Posting: Do not reply to a thread where your post is already the last post.
- If you have extra info to add to a discussion please edit your last post rather than reply to yourself. This cuts down on forum clutter and makes discussions easier to follow for everyone. I know it happens sometimes, but try to keep to a minimum. For the most part now, you should not have to worry too much as a forum plugin automatically merges your posts if you double post.
7. NSFW Titles: Do not include NSFW content in your thread title.
- Seeing as not all of us are able to guarantee that our kids or colleagues aren't looking over our shoulders, please refrain from including NSFW content within a topic title (Offensive language etc.).
8. Bumping: Do not repeatedly bump the same thread.
- Allow threads and topics conversation to run their natural course. If a thread is no longer active, you may want to create a new thread on that topic instead. Likewise, if someone posts a new thread and there is an existing one, be friendly in informing them of its existence with appropriate links to the relevant discussion(s).
9. Creating Multiple Threads on the Same Topic: Do not create multiple forum threads on the same topic.
- If there is already and active thread on the relevant topic then use it to respond. Each forum is designed to cater to very specific discussions. Please only post a thread in the forum it is most relevant to and avoid spamming the forums with multiple instances of the same thread.
10. Doxxing: Do not publish personal information of another member (against their will) or link to topics where such content can be found.
- Any violation of this rule can and will most likely result in an immediate ban.
11. Advertisement/posting of RSI Referral Codes: This is not allowed in any form or in any area.
- Signatures or posts found with the code embedded will be warned once and then removed.
12. SCB & Imperium Assets: Offsite use of any Star Citizen Base or Imperium logos, images, or any other design assets must first be cleared with @Gallitin directly.
13. Organizational Recruitment: Organizational recruitment is allowed but must be kept within the "Fleets & Recruitment" section of these forums. Direct soliciting of members and recruiting within threads outside of the aforementioned section is NOT allowed.
14. Formatting: For the sake of maintaining the clarity of our forums, when posting content that is copied from another outlet or source, we ask, that it be formatted in a presentable and professional manner. This means when you create a post, you must remove the old formatting from the previous source it has been copied from and re-present it when pasted here.
- Additionally, when creating a post, we ask that it have more content than just a link. For example, you could provide your thoughts on the linked information or a brief summary of whats found in the link.
15. Crowdfunding: If a member of SCB would like to create a crowdfunding promotion for themselves or any other SCB member(s) they must first make a request through private message to @Gallitin. Each project is reviewed on a case by case basis and approval is the exception rather than the rule.
- Please provide the following disclaimer along with your approved post:
"This project is not sponsored by Star Citizen Base or Imperium. I take personal responsibility for the outcome of this project, including any negative feedback that it may incur."
- Only one dedicated thread is permitted for each project and should not be shared in an unsolicited manner.
- As the post's author you are not allowed to bump spam your post please refer to SCB forum Rule 8 listed above.