Pioneer construction/colonizer ship [Official Thread]

Devil Khan

I'm in the 'Ugh' camp.  I picked one up in the Warbond sale that is still running because of its essential role and my struggle over CCUing another ship for it tomorrow.  Without a clear choice, might as well 'save' a hundred dollars I figured.  Mighty good rationalization.  Doh!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Standalone-Ships/Consolidated-Outland-Pioneer-Lti-Warbond-VIP

But wow, it sure is a typical CIG concept ship.  Not much practical game play information beyond it being a base builder.  Lots of promise though.

Hmmm, very pretty! Basebuilding does start to sound like fun... Might be worth considering after all as a big moneymaker since it will probably come with a ton of cargo cap.

In fact, I hope they sell one empty for cheap so I can earn the base building equipment ingame. Provided it has some turrets of course...

21 minutes ago, Sky Captain said:

I'm with you on the 'Ugh'. 

I picked one up in the VIP Warbond sale that is still running because I like its role and was struggling over CCU choices for tomorrow. 

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Standalone-Ships/Consolidated-Outland-Pioneer-Lti-Warbond-VIP

But wow, it sure is a typical CIG concept ship.  Don't expect much practical game play information at all.  

Well this out of any ship in the game is a "must have" for me - being that I am an architect in real life :)

One of the things I find intriguing with the sale is that it comes with outpost construction material - which is great obviously - but we never get "cargo" when we buy a cargo ship like the Hull series.... or repair materials for the Crucible.... and not even plants for the Bio Domes or farming version of the Endeavor.

I thought you would have to purchase the materials........ but essentially they are giving you one free outpost it looks like (my guess is more materials will cost more UEC).....

.............so................... figure that you are not just getting a ship with the concept sale but an outpost (it'll be nice though if they continue to have this for the credit / CCU versions as well)

Inside the Pioneer standalone

+++++++ quote is interesting below....

sYUoExy.png

and another closer up image of this...

a2gesiw7e8uz.png

and a high res larger version in spoiler...

Spoiler

Flying-Shot-Top-Dunes.jpg

+++++++ 

Now there are only .... might want to pull the trigger..... and I bet they'll do a limited Credit version release as well (if so it will likely go faster)

997 LEFT

ZoxgZ0C.png

LOL - 600.000$ in less than two hours (*image below from just a bit before image above and you can see $50k fast)

gzdr478ic8uz.jpg

.... and here is the link to the SC Wiki... 

Pioneer - Star Citizen Wiki

.... and now... only 

965 LEFT

.... actually I have no regrets pulling the trigger since it is really about supporting a game that will shatter all other games... :)

=======

We might want to merge this with the other Pioneer thread - LINK

We might want to merge the other Pioneer on Sale now with this thread.  (Sorry but ended up posting a bunch of what was posted here as well in terms of images).

I pulled the trigger on a Warbond version and I am really glad I did (and think this will easily compete for being one of my favorite ships)

With Consolidated Outland’s Pioneer, we are aiming to redefine the possibilities of colonization and shatter the stranglehold of conglomerates on the construction of outposts.

Makes you wonder though... How did humanity (and those conglomerates) transport/construct outposts in the hundreds of years across several systems before Silas decided to build this brandnew ship. What ships did they use? :P

With Consolidated Outland’s Pioneer, we are aiming to redefine the possibilities of colonization and shatter the stranglehold of conglomerates on the construction of outposts.

Makes you wonder though... How did humanity (and those conglomerates) transport/construct outposts in the hundreds of years across several systems before Silas decided to build this brandnew ship. What ships did they use? [emoji14]

A Hull series and some bungee straps.

4 minutes ago, GeraldEvans said:

Makes you wonder though... How did humanity (and those conglomerates) transport/construct outposts in the hundreds of years across several systems before Silas decided to build this brandnew ship. What ships did they use? emoji14.png

A Hull series and some bungee straps.

I was leaning more towards the 'Adaptable For All Needs' Starfarer and Star-G myself. That thing looks like it could also transport a small prefab outpost and has 10 jumpseats in the cargohold for passengers/settlers :P

R9lMpdH.jpg

5 minutes ago, GeraldEvans said:

That's a hefty discount at $100.  Wonder if there will be variants tomorrow.

I doubt if we will see any variants anytime soon with this ship.   My guess is that is specialized and the outpost are specialized (modular specific to this ship) - so UEEN (Navy) outpost or army outposts would be produced by a completely different ship probably previously made by Anvil or Aegis (and players wouldn't have access to the ship).   My guess is that this sets up the first outpost ship available to civilians.

We will however see many variants of the Crucible which is the closest type of ship to the Pioneer 

I'm sitting on this one out because I prefer the mobility... I might get one in-game later on.  But congratz to all who bought one!

5 minutes ago, GeraldEvans said:

That's a hefty discount at $100.  Wonder if there will be variants tomorrow.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a land-based one and a space/asteroid-based one.  Idk it would be a long shot, but having an underwater base builder would be pretty op.

Imo this would be a crazy-tier idea, but maybe down the road, the other manufacturers might join the fray and compete in the colonisation market by making their own colonising ships when they realise that the Pioneer has been printing money for Consolidated Outlands.  I for one would save up for a colonising ship made by Drake.

Just now, Tom Villder said:

I'm sitting on this one out because I prefer the mobility... I might get one in-game later on.  But congratz to all who bought one!

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a land-based one and a space/asteroid-based one.  Idk it would be a long shot, but having an underwater basebuilder would be pretty op.

Well - the way CIG set up their outpost (being modular) - I think these outpost will work on planet / asteroid / moon +++ can also be used in space and underwater (independent of its environment).   It just means different modules would need to be constructed ....... but I doubt if they would come up with an entirely new type of modular system for another environment.

Makes you want to think wisely though on how and where to use the (one) base free materials that comes with the ship (and it will probably be expensive to get more materials).

Im thinking of this new ship like a giant space 3d printer, where u just input the design of the outpost mod u have, designs being purchased or found, and the pioneer preceeds to construct the unit.
When complete it also places it in the configuration desired.

I dont think there will be any special variants for military or underwater, etc just one that does it all. U just have to have the right design amd materials.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk