X52 Pro Profile Arena Commander

Not sure where to post this so please move if it's in the incorrect board!

I decided to make myself a profile for my X52 Pro in Arena Commander and share it. The default config wasn't that great and I wanted easy access to the decouple mode, strafing buttons and the HUD modes.

This is what I came up with

MusS7bT.jpg

The download is attached

Just extract 'Star Citizen.pr0' to C:\Users\Public\Documents\SmartTechnology Profiles and right click on your Profiler icon in the taskbar and select 'Star Citizen' to enable it.

This Profile requires that you have the default keyboard bindings.

I hope this is of use to someone :)

Oh by the way if anyone comes up with a use for the 'A' button (the one to the right of the missile button) please let me know!

Edit:   Amended Incorrect labelling of Stage 2 trigger

Changed Cycle All Targets to Cycle All Hostiles.

Added Raise Shield forward, reset shield, and Raise shield backward to slider on the throttle.

Bugs: Group 4 doesn't seem to work. Either that or my lend lease 300i doesn't work properly!

X52 Pro Arena Commander V0.8 Profile v2.rar

@JudgeZetsumei,

Very nice job. A few suggestions/comments:

Cycle all targets doesnt seem to have a real ingame value. I would swap this with Cycle all hostiles.

Personally, I would probably also add this to an empty button, possibly located off to the right from the missile button (with the safety lock).

Also - it seems the Fire all-function is either bugged or name/description is misleading. For me, it only fires weapon group 1 and 2. When uusing Pinke, it seems to fire 3 and 4.

Its no big issue (the fire 1 + 2 was a very welcome change).

Everything else feels natural.

@JudgeZetsumei,

Very nice job. A few suggestions/comments:

Cycle all targets doesnt seem to have a real ingame value. I would swap this with Cycle all hostiles.

Personally, I would probably also add this to an empty button, possibly located off to the right from the missile button (with the safety lock).

Also - it seems the Fire all-function is either bugged or name/description is misleading. For me, it only fires weapon group 1 and 2. When uusing Pinke, it seems to fire 3 and 4.

Its no big issue (the fire 1 + 2 was a very welcome change).

Everything else feels natural.

You're right, it's miss-labelled. I've made a couple of changes and additions which I will upload tomorrow. I can't seem to get group 4 to work though. The XML says mouse 5 is the default 'keyboard' button but that doesn't seem to work.

Amended Incorrect labelling of Stage 2 trigger

Changed Cycle All Targets to Cycle All Hostiles.

Added Raise Shield forward, reset shield, and Raise shield backward to slider on the throttle.

Bugs: Group 4 doesn't seem to work. Either that or my lend lease 300i doesn't work properly!

See OP for download.

actually could not stand the default profile to the point I didn't really want to play it anymore, (I always customize my set up's in games and lack of option is quite irritating to me) This is extremely close to what I would do, not sure if I would even have anything different.

Aprreciate it sir.

Tried this earlier and none of it worked. Followed the directions and shows the profile and it shows as active. I have not messed with keybindings. Turning off the profiler got me back to the defaults just fine.

Epic share. I was worried the stick is rendered useless as the original software is way too old and hard to configure. Now if I could only get my game patched to actually fly as I haven't so far (http://bit.ly/1kZ8UEz)

From reading your post, unless there is a hardware firewall blocking your traffic, you may need to contact your ISP. I'm not sure about how ISP's work in Dubai, but I would expect you could contact to see if certain information is blocked. I would also try to contact RSI support directly and let them know information about your ISP and/or location as they may know about a problem.

From reading your post, unless there is a hardware firewall blocking your traffic, you may need to contact your ISP. I'm not sure about how ISP's work in Dubai, but I would expect you could contact to see if certain information is blocked. I would also try to contact RSI support directly and let them know information about your ISP and/or location as they may know about a problem.

I managed to finally play by manually updating the file by downloading them through download manager directly.

I would move the strafe keys to the left hand hat switch, that allows you do strafing while still using your right thumb to fire weapons.  I imagine that eventually we will be doing rolls while strafing almost constantly and at this point you will really need it on the left hand.

Few additional tips for Controls and Graphics modifications.

WHEN THINGS STOP WORKING: Playing with the XML files and individual graphics and other functions via the built in command line can hose things. You get no warning, stuff just goes AWOL.

Find the +\StarCitizen\CitizenClient\USER directory and toss everything in there. NOTE that all Screen SHots need to be saved before doing this.

Next time you start the game it will be Out_Of_The_Box version of SC. You can then start poking at things again. Reload the XML, etc.

This works if your Hotas stopped doing its thing. If your Hotas never worked, then your setup was wrongly used and needs to be examined closer for typos, etc. If you never saw that ENJOY on the command line, the XML did not take.

The above is for the XML file loads. Using a profile to mimic the keyboard may not apply.

KEEP AN EASY TO REACH BUTTON FREE: You will want to use it for Team Speak (unless you are one of those who do the heavy breathing into the mic).

PRACTICE A LANDING: If you really want to check your Strafe options for ease of use, get to the landing platform and put that puppy on the deck. It will assist in fine tuning those motor skills, plus let you know if the controls are in a usable format. (Extra bonus for landing an Aurora with guns intact).

HAVE FUN: Best tip of the day. - DRUM out

Hello,

this might be unrelated to how this config performs, but I could not find the folder that you specified to put the config in.

A linear search for SmartTechnology yields no results on my system. I have both Star Citizen and the Saitek Profile Launcher/Editor installed and the drivers are installed as well.

Could you do me the favor and include more information on how to apply the config? There are many contradicting resources on this subject around. It would benefit many people if this information is directly attached.

Best regards and good work!

Nycolas

@Nycolas It can be rather confusing I suppose since this information is scattered about and information is discussing both Hotas Profiles as well as XML files. They are not the same thing.

FOR HOTAS PROFILES (this thread)

Profiles (as in .pr0 files) will be listed by Hotas make and can usually be found in:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\HOTAS_MAKE_NAME

If you are importing one, just place it into the folder with the default ones and that should allow you to load it with the Profile Software for the Hotas.

FOR XML FILES (Star Citizen control activation via scripting)

If you are wanting to use the XML files within Star Citizen, they go elsewhere.

You need to Activate the various XML files once you have them on hand. They can be stored anywhere, but an ideal spot so you remember where they are is on the root of your StarCitizen directory (will not get overwritten during patching).

Then use the Tilde Key (~) once in the Star Citizen program to activate the Command Line, and type+enter the following to let Star Citizen access the XML setup:

pp_rebindkeys C:\ PATH TO FOLDER \StarCitizen\ YOUR_XML_FILE_NAME.xml

The Caps are items unique to your machine. Path, and whatever you Named the XML file. If it says ENJOY at the end when entered, then it is activated. If it does not, then the pp_rebindkeys command was missing, the Path is incorrect, or something is not correct in the XML file format.

Repairing a faulty XML file is an entire thread by itself and outside the scope of this discussion. - DRUM out