Game of Thrones

Gallitin

On 5/18/2016 at 1:19 AM, Drum said:

Another trend is WHO can ride the Dragons? In the books there was another Lord's son who tried and died but the series completely ignored that whole plot path.

In the series, (if it even still holds true), the players still left who can bond with and command a dragon are fast becoming limited. It is (supposedly) Lannister, Targaryen, or Stark blood lines only. The first two from intermarriage and blood line dilution prior to the family disagreements that went south. The Starks because of their affinity to control animals (worgs).

Even though Jon Snow/Stark seems the warrior of choice, a clue may have been given by the three eyed raven dude. He told Bran you will never walk again, but you will fly...

My money is on Tyrion, Danny, and Bran mounting up for the grand finale.

Going to be interesting to see where this all goes. - DRUM out

Bran will fly, how do I know?

game-of-thonres-tyrion-lannister-i-drink

3 hours ago, Gremlich said:

Blame George.

Wait? shouldn't we say blame HBO since we don't know for sure what George has done with Hodor in the the book? He could be the equivalent of a sith lord like Jar Jar Binks was suppose to be in Star Wars!

37 minutes ago, BryGen said:

Wait? shouldn't we say blame HBO since we don't know for sure what George has done with Hodor in the the book? He could be the equivalent of a sith lord like Jar Jar Binks was suppose to be in Star Wars!

They just had a meeting with George where he told him whats going on. As I said the timetravel stuff is just totally ridiculous I hope its more subtly explained in the books.

I am not happy with some of the hasty lazy writing of some more minor story arcs. Dorne was totally bad not only last season but this season too in the beginning when they wrapped it up.

And in the current episode

Spoiler

WTF the greyjoy scenes looked totally hasty especially with the editing.

Moot - new king - Yara gone - captures 100% of giant fleet that we never saw before much

"You 20 dudes go home and build me 1000 ships in the next week"

"1000 ships that just takes until friday do we have the weekend off?"

It all felt like lazy writing and editing to meet a minor plot need not what we know from GOT

The tempo was totally shitty in that scene and weak dialogue thus just totally hurts my GOT experience and there's more weak stuff like this recently imho.

Anyway still the best series ever but they better not go George Lucas on us.

Sorry for me being grumpy again

m1v7YAn.png

Still loving GoT having a blast every sunday/monday with goosebumps and the maximum emotionally involved experience just how good entertainment should be

This was one of the really good Episodes from Game of Thrones. Personally I didn't mind the rushed scenes with the Greyjoys and Ironborn. It added some much needed momentum and significance to them. Establishing that there are plans to make them more significant in the large picture, either through allying with Danearys or just by having a large fleet. Who knows. I wonder if Theon and Yara/Asha are going to steal the plan of their uncle and try to ally with Daenerys themselves. They seem more likely imo to be successful in doing so. Furthermore, it would combine two female leaders, and it would also bring Theon to meet Varys perhaps. That could be interesting in relation to some tragic events in their lifes...

I didn't understand why Summer charged into the Army of the Dead. She barely held them for what, a few seconds. Just throwing a superb magical beast like a Direwolf out of the story yet again. Really sucks, though I guess it could set up for why Bran will have to find another magical creature to bond with.

And Hodor was really well executed I think. And I don't view the Time Travel as such a tragic event because the way GoT has it presented is that everything that happens in the past, during the time travel, has already happened. So it doesn't really ruin the story with a potential "Lets go back and change things"

Well I just got done binge watching this season and am now caught up.....That last scene was very emotional and well done. Loved the meaning behind Hodor's character. That being said, I agree that some of the greyjoy scenes felt rushed(I had the same reaction as cyberian with her stealing all the ships and the new king being like "i can get you 1000 ships by tuesday" but look forward to the greater impact that they will have with the story.

Ayra's story arc I find the most fascinating at this point as she is the true wildcard for everyone. When she watches the play that reenacts all the tragedies of her family, you could see in her character the pain and disdain she holds on too, which conflict with the teachings of the many faces. Even though she says she is know one and that the man with no faces holds no grudges, I wonder if she will ever to truly let go and if that will stop her from grabbing the power that she wants. Interesting indeed.....

Lastly, FUCK YOU GEORGE AND KILLING THE DAMN DIREWOLVES!

Note: I never read the books.

I like Sam... and feel he would like Starcitizen... If, you know,  he knew what a video game was!

AJ

On 5/25/2016 at 2:25 AM, Dave189 said:

@Doopsums As long as Needle is hidden beneath the rocks, a Girl has a name ;)

You clever SOB!!!! and so we will see, what a needle will sew, in the hands of girl, the death of a foe....

AJ