Derek Smart Does not Represent the Star Citizen Community

CheeseNorris

Anyone able to give me a quick rundown on the Wulfknight dustup (like, why it happened in the first place?) I didn't catch it when it was occurring.  

Ok

1-DS says he is working with FTC to prove CR is a bad boy

2-Wulf submit a FOIA whose answer says FTC isn't investigating CIG

3-DS says it's because of clause 7 ( you don't speak about it if it can harm the investigation) and shows mail that says he sent the data to FTC

4-turns out the mail is just some webmail service that handle goverment mails nothing to do with FTC and that if rules 7 is on they still tell you there's an investigation, just they don't give t detail ( so there is no investigation per point 1)

5-inresponse to DS subreddit being created Derek makes his own subreddit to smear Wulf. Much doxxing ensues ( I didn't read it but I'm told we go from a 3 dollars fine a few years ago to pics and adress of Wulf's wife workplace to criptic messages about how his wife lover would beat him up if he knew he's wasting money on jpeg ships, also involving skirmishes between SA member and Wulf, it was a circus apparently)

6-someone reports the doxxing to Reddit ( that cloes the smear sub and shadowban DS) and Twitter ( who apparently is cracking down on his account, DS claims it's CIG spamming him with reports to close his shop).

That was extenuating.

If I am not mistaken, DS, or someone for him, has closed his twitter profile to exterior viewing. I used to look at it for occasional laughter, now I can't (I have no twitter).

The suspension is for the same reason he was banned from Reddit: he doxxed WUlfknight, posted about his wife workplace and other personal info, hinted at a phantomatic lover of her wife going out to get him, the same things that happened with CR daughter.

Since it's illegal, Reddit banned it from the Wulf Knight hate subreddit, Twitter seemingly is going down hard on his account ( and if they find there was a crime they could possibly hand it all to the police, I believe they do like this with stalking and so on, which is why he was erasing everything he posted about that), GG are out for him after the Kate Click debacle and SA are kicking him out since the  toy broke and they gave him enough rope.

That and because being dragged in a doxxing incident would be annyoing.

Consider that his last blog post is about how RSI is a forefront to laundry dirty money for the swedish mafia ( not joking, I would love to see a gaming news site publish that) and you don't need to be a genius to understand he's running his last mile.

If you consider it, from June we found out CIG has them all: they're noobs, CR is a thief, Sandi is racist and ageist. rampant mobbing, rampant conning of a million of backers, they laundry money for the mafia, the next blogpost will be about the fact they have smallpox and smelly feets and we're done.

I'd like to see the face of the Escapist guys that followed the trail he left them, maybe a trip to Sweden is in order....

Oh, I see.

Edited by Aglanor

If I am not mistaken, DS, or someone for him, has closed his twitter profile to exterior viewing. I used to look at it for occasional laughter, now I can't (I have no twitter).

Again, many sides: DS ( first personality) says he closed it to defend itself, DS ( second personality) says CIG is reporting him to shut him up, DS (third personality) says it's because he doesn't want white knights around, random guys on the net ( Kevin Dent for one) says he's getting banned from twitter.

The lockdown is apparently standard pratice for an account investigation.

Edited by Riley Egret

Thank Twitter for that, I assume.  Its about time.  Of course, he'll just find another medium to spread his vitriol and hate, meanwhile, he'll blame it on hackers, CIG game devs (who are really hackers), Anonymous (I really hope he pisses them off), the Swedish House Mafia, Twitter (Works for Chris Roberts, AKA, "the man"), and you know, Vladimir Putin.

Edit: Good.  He can defend himself from himself, because we all know he is his own worst enemy.  Contrary to popular belief, the web is not 'free', its just mostly unregulated.  When you cross certain lines, the host of your content will come after you-at least so as to distance themselves from you.

Edited by FoxChard

When do you think dumbdumb will connect CIG with terrorist group?  I figured since they have connection with mob and being evil and all, this should be the next step. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing that Derek Smart does is actually claim that Chris Roberts is the anti-christ and that he will cause the apocalypse.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing that Derek Smart does is actually claim that Chris Roberts is the anti-christ and that he will cause the apocalypse.

Anti Christ or not. I'll still back this game lol.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snmrfj

Yep, he's totally lost it now.

His Twitch channel was suspended because he wasn't streaming a game. His Reddit account was banned because he made a subreddit solely to dox Accelerwraith. And his Twitter is possibly getting banned because he is abusing the service and harassing people that don't agree with him in his echo-chamber. Nothing to do with Star Citizen and everything to do with him as a person.

"All I did was write some blogs" - uhm... yeah right...

But I guess captain Ahab must fight his white whale. ;)

Unfortunately for Ahab I have reported it because of TwitLonger posting rule: "Content which advocates against an individual, group, or organization"

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snmrfj

Yep, he's totally lost it now.

His Twitch channel was suspended because he wasn't streaming a game. His Reddit account was banned because he made a subreddit solely to dox Accelerwraith. And his Twitter is possibly getting banned because he is abusing the service and harassing people that don't agree with him in his echo-chamber. Nothing to do with Star Citizen and everything to do with him as a person.

"All I did was write some blogs" - uhm... yeah right...

But I guess captain Ahab must fight his white whale. [emoji6]

Unfortunately for Ahab I have reported it because of TwitLonger posting rule: "Content which advocates against an individual, group, or organization"

I reported it as well. Let's wait and see what happens. I think he's losing it. He is either going to have to spend his money to go against CIG or STFU.

HWSNBN indeed has the freedom of speech in the US, but he does NOT have the right to be heard. people have taken the action to eliminate easy access to a soapbox. He has to stand out in a field someplace where he can't hurt anybody, especially himself.

Without SC, HWSNBN is nothing.

I do pity the Goons, though. Their current work of art is fading.

I do pity the Goons, though.

Do you really think this is a Goon setup? Not completely sure. I was pretty shocked to see him show up in the SA thread and have yet another rant, but I honestly can't work out what the Goons are hoping for. I do get that not all of them will agree on everything, but there does seem to be some sort of group effort there.

As for he that shall not be named, he thrives on attention, any attention. Is he losing it? Yeah, there definitely seems to be some serious problems there - I'm not a health professional so I can only guess.

As for the best way to treat him - silence, his desperate need for attention will drive him to look for some other goal and group to harass (his goals seem primarily to consist of harassing people), though unfortunately SC is extremely visible to the public now, so I can't see it happening in a hurry.

As far as I can make out the real problem in all this is that immature halfwit Lizzie Finnigan who seems to have been extremely easily led into a hopelessly researched hit piece on SC by someone with incredibly obvious and questionable motives. If it wasn't for the publicity from that article I suspect HWSNBN's barely coherent rantings would have been ignored.

I counter that Lizzie knew exactly what she was doing.  You don't do what she did without intent.  

Proof?  The rush to press.  There was no rush!  Nobody else carried the story!

I guess I was trying to be restrained with my language!

Yes, she also clearly has an unhealthily close relationship with HWSNBN by all accounts. Its really quite bizarre,  I wonder if she really thinks her little crusade was potentially worth her job? Maybe she is one of those people desperate for someones approval, anyone.. but what a choice.

@GeraldEvans Yeah, truly a cringe worthy moment. I programme those super sekret ID cards at work a few times a week.

Edited by Karazantor

Do you really think this is a Goon setup? Not completely sure. I was pretty shocked to see him show up in the SA thread and have yet another rant, but I honestly can't work out what the Goons are hoping for. I do get that not all of them will agree on everything, but there does seem to be some sort of group effort there.

As for he that shall not be named, he thrives on attention, any attention. Is he losing it? Yeah, there definitely seems to be some serious problems there - I'm not a health professional so I can only guess.

As for the best way to treat him - silence, his desperate need for attention will drive him to look for some other goal and group to harass (his goals seem primarily to consist of harassing people), though unfortunately SC is extremely visible to the public now, so I can't see it happening in a hurry.

As far as I can make out the real problem in all this is that immature halfwit Lizzie Finnigan who seems to have been extremely easily led into a hopelessly researched hit piece on SC by someone with incredibly obvious and questionable motives. If it wasn't for the publicity from that article I suspect HWSNBN's barely coherent rantings would have been ignored.

I do not think this was a Goon set-up. I do think that they were just playing with their new toy and it is coincidence that it broke whilst HWSNBN was imagining himself a Goon - and a Twitter fiend - and a Reddit Maven - and etc. Cumulative result is making HWSNBN behave even more predictibly than usual. Did you know that he predicted Descent Undergrounds demise any day now? In July 2015! He knows things he says. Too bad I imagine that those things involve Beetlejuice, and a host of other unpleasant stuff. Even though this is Shia Labeouf, This is HWSNBN and it should be "I am now Infamous". Escapist article or not, the Troll would have continued on and what is going on now would have been a few months later anyway. That's the nature of a megalomaniacal sociopathic narcissist who believes his own story. He's right and you can't tell him any different. Did you know that he is also claiming that he has been given death threats? Really? He has probably made that angle up to garner stoopidity sympathy. Sure, there's fringe guys in SC, etc, but nobody willing to expend any energy even contemplating such an action let alone perform it. 

shia-labeof-berlin.jpg

Edited by Gremlich

There are probably a few over extended to the point that they see him as a real threat and may have sunk so low, but I can't imagine there are many like that.

Overextended to that point? Nah, although I believe his acolytes or those dorks in GG would be more likely to do such a thing than any SC supporter.