Hangars - 3.x

VoA

2.3.0b Published to PTU

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/323518/2-3-0b-published-to-ptu#latest

• Made some additional tweaks to the Revel & York Hangar lighting.
  • Fixed an issue where the Starfarer Tanker was not showing up in a players hangar if they had a Starfarer Gemini on their account.
    • We are still looking into issues with the Starfarer Gemini owners not seeing a loaner Starfarer Tanker in their hangar

3P0t6t7.png

RTV - with CR today - INN Notes

11:36

- You'll be able to place items around your hangar, and place ships and such. Longer term goal would be to let players customize the hangar. But we'll lose some functionality of the hangars until new things come in.

11:36

- Every player can set up their hangar the way you want it, and it'll persist. Should be good.

12:05

- [Arrange things in hangars? Updates on visiting other people's hangars?] No updates. It's part of the road map, but Tony knows more. Goal is to have the hangar in Stanton or whereverl; not going to a load screen, just walking out of the hangar door, flying out into space. In terms of visiting though, Tony knows, not Chris. 

12:06

- Right now if they implemented it, it'd be like implementing Arena COmmander where it'd be a separate thing. But they want the hangars to just be part of the Universe.

12:15

- [Updates on ship paint system? Decorating ships?] No updates on paint; lower priority. They want item system and other functionality first. But the way you could customize your hangar's the same as you could eventually customize your ship. Plans are to allow you to place decals on ships etc..., change primary and secondary colours, but becomes difficult on bigger, modular ships. 

19:51 - Bigger Hangars

[19:55] Elwood Short asks: I have recently bought a ship bundle pack (Combo War Pack), but unfortunately I discovered that I can only use five hangar bays, so I can’t have all my ships out at once, even close to all of them. Will the hangars be able to be made bigger in time, or will renting extra hangar space be an in game feature?

Longer-term absolutely being able to rent and get bigger hangar space will be something that we will have as a game feature, also, I think, depending on how you play, you may actually want to have some of your ships in various areas around the Universe, depending, I mean, obviously, we just have the Stanton system, there isn’t as much need for that as possible.

But as you can already see, there’s different kinds of gameplay based on different kinds of ships, like Hornet is great for dogfighting but it’s really- well it can’t carry cargo, so you may need a cargo ship – Starfarer or a Hull C or a D, you may also want to get- go and do a mercenary mission and that may need that you want to take a Hornet or something like that with it and so the idea-  maybe there’s some missions or adventures that you want to do on one side of the known UEE universe and maybe there’s some stuff you want to do over here.

I could definitely see at the point where you’ve acquired a fair amount of wealth in the game and a fair amount of ships that you may actually have – just like rich people in the world do now, they have houses in different cities – I think you could potentially own hangars in different planets with some of the ships you have, so depending on where you are you’ll always have somewhere you can go quickly to switch out a ship – because you’re only going to ever be able to switch your ships based on where they are in the hangar.

So if I am operating seven systems away from my homebase and I’ve got twenty ships in my home hangar and I want to change out one of my ships, I need to go all the way back to my homebase, or have someone fly it out to me just to change out that ship, so a lot of times, I would think if you said “oh, I’m going to operating in this system and do some trading here”, you may want to have a almost forward operating base that you would have some of your ships in.

I definitely think you’ll be able to rent stuff and have more- and customize your hangar too, so in the persistent stuff that we’re doing, that we are going to start to roll out, you are going to be able to customize your hangar in terms of place where your flair is initially, then sort of expand it out and buy some extra space or some extra rooms and do all that, and the only caveat that would have is potentially a sort of rendering caveat, at some point if you had seventy ships and you wanted to see them all on one long run, that’s probably more than we could render at once, which is one of the reasons why we had limited hangars to a certain extent and you could pick which ships you could have in the hangars, just essentially to not have the machine go to five frames-per-second.

Now, we’re optimizing things, so that will definitely be bigger but probably- there’s not likely to be a case where you would have this sort-of “Raiders of the Lost Ark” hangar because as far as you can possibly see with as many ships as you can possibly see will put- I will promise that we will try to get as many ships in as we can and so, ultimately I think we will move towards something that you will like, although I’m not sure if we can have every single ship in it.

But, it potentially will, of course, the hangars won’t be able to have very bigger ships in because they’ll have to stay in orbit, but anyway, there you go. Not sure if that answer helped you out that much, but that’s kind of what the plan is.

• 2 weeks later...

Uroš Likar5 
Question: Where we will store cargo inside hangar? ... Around ‘platforms. I’ve seen a lot of room for it, but this mean that you can double your capacity if you move one ship to another platform ?

Rufus Ultra 
1. Chris mentioned in the last 10fC that we will be able to own multiple hangars and on other points it was stated that we can break game packages apart if we own more as one to create additonal starting hangars and npc. What I would like to know if there is a more flashed out idea how this will work or how Ben imagine how it will work? If one of those features comes online(Starting hangar or player owned npc) will there be an option to buy additional npc slots or starting location in the website shop?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

From a CitizenCon Interview with CR...

Q: Should we pay some fee for our ships in hangar that we don't use? 

A: So, one day, when you will be able to have a few hangars in different locations, you will need to pay fee, but not for your "home" hangar, only on others that you might have.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2017 at 9:52 AM, VoA said:

From a CitizenCon Interview with CR...

Q: Should we pay some fee for our ships in hangar that we don't use? 

A: So, one day, when you will be able to have a few hangars in different locations, you will need to pay fee, but not for your "home" hangar, only on others that you might have.

I wonder if we build a base with the Pioneer, if we can "place" one of our hangars.

6 minutes ago, Wrathpole said:

I wonder if we build a base with the Pioneer, if we can "place" one of our hangars.

I'm sure there could be the eventuality for this. That said, do you really want to have a lot of your stuff sitting in hangars that are able to be destroyed by other players whilst you are offline?

1 minute ago, Chimaera said:

I'm sure there could be the eventuality for this. That said, do you really want to have a lot of your stuff sitting in hangars that are able to be destroyed by other players whilst you are offline?

: ) That's what my AA is for. Not to mention my buddy Yolo, who is obsessed with ground combat.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hangar Sneak Peak - Good Example of What to Give More Info On

Discussion
Today at 8:40 pm
Gameplay
So, today's sneak peek was awesome. It was progression on the hangar they have been showing in greybox, except today we finally see it with materials and more importantly labeled - "Utilitarian Hangar - Area 18"
tavern_upload_large.jpg