Let's post our ideas for Star Citizen. The galaxy's a huge place, full of curiosities and splendor! Please be polite and have fun, while we discuss in detail the additions we want to see in SC. Constructive criticism is always welcome, keep it friendly... 

Here are a few ideas I will start us off with:

-Planets-

Planets should have highly varied biomes and environments. These should include ocean planets, desert worlds, jungle moons, cavernous lands, ice planets, swamps, (and a personal favorite) lava worlds! It would be cool to have various atmospheric conditions, such as excessive heat or cold or toxicity, even radioactivity, which could have specified suits designed for protection from those environments (without which players would perish!). Planets should also definitely have varying levels of gravity, some with no gravity at all, and some with intense gravitational pull and pressure, suit required. Gas giants would be really cool, where traversing the upper atmosphere would be OK. There could be floating outposts, etc. Then moving too close to the core could crush most ships... Also would be cool to see asteroid-based outposts, with subterranean areas.

-Weather-

Weather should factor in on at least some planets, but not all. Some planets should remain placid, while others could have weather cycles such as: sandstorms, blizzards, high winds, etc. It would also be interesting to have electrical/radiation storms where again, special shielding would be required to survive. Another interesting addition would be meteor showers, perhaps not damaging to the player in most cases... Of course, the most intense weather should be on planets with lesser city-populations. There should also be 'weather' cycles in space the likes of radiation/electrical storms, where ships' shields would be rendered ineffective. Perhaps here or there, a neutronic wave front (Star Trek, Ahem)! Deadly nebula!

-Ships-

The ships so far are absolutely bad-ass. Can hardly put it into words just how right they look and feel. I do have one minor issue to discuss regarding player immersion: Planetary entry/re-entry seems a bit off... It feels somewhat awkward orienting the ship into a nose-dive and then accelerating toward the planet. While that should still be an option for entry, it seems lacking, if it's the only way. Players should be allowed to let their ships drift slowly downward towards the surface (with a horizontal orientation relative to ground), all the while getting pulled to greater and greater speeds due to gravity. Currently it seems as though there is no gravity, requiring ships to nose-dive and hit the thrusters. The level of gravity should also have effects on how quickly ships take off, and how much fuel is consumed. Also some of the more lightweight craft should be capable of water-landing and flotation, some, not all.

-Weaponry-

Weapons are also looking pretty nice, and I can't wait to hunt some bounties and pirates with the Scourge Cannon! Turrets on ships are awesome and so are the weapons additions to the ships main systems. Weapons turrets on ships should not be automated. Automation would detract from the challenge of the game, and we never want that! Instead the player should be able to either hire NPCs or other players to man different positions aboard their ship. Also it seems some of the infantry firearms are being slightly 'overdone', so to speak. For example the Devastator shotgun seemingly has way too much level of detail and unnecessary bulk added to it. My suggestion is to lean more on the side of realism. I know it's Sci-Fi. Still I hope devs don't get hung up on making things like fancy-diamond-encrusted-platinum-laser cannons with under-barrel flame throwers..! It would be amazing to see (in rare cases), Orbital Weapons Platforms that could, if accessed, rain supreme firepower down on the planet's surface, destroying small outposts, structures or towns... Of course it would be necessary to make accessing it an extreme challenge.

Accessories are nice. But keep away from over-extravagant weapon design.

-Exploration- 

Exploration should be the fundamental, key point of the game. While some may argue that it is space battles, I tend to disagree. With so many space craft, vehicles and weapons, the gameplay will quickly become boring and the equipment redundant if there is not a vast amount of exploration. Here are a few thoughts on aspects of exploration: Artifacts, Flora and Fauna. Scattered throughout the verse there could be a plethora of different types of Artifacts to be found, only through rigorous exploring. There should be ancient ruins with old alien technology, perhaps rare weapons. There should be Obelisks and Pyramids and rare trinkets that could be sold or held as trophies. There could be mysterious devices, like the Orbs in Mass Effect (the first game) with strange properties. There could be alien tech that could be found and then saved for use at a far later date. Regarding Flora and Fauna, there could be a huge variety of harvesting options for certain crafting items. There really ought to be many creatures, perhaps mostly neutral/friendly. However some animals, in rare cases could turn out to be hostile, and highly challenging to face. Perhaps giant worms, or insectoids! Another thing could be infected worlds, or derelict ships (think Dead Space, or The Thing) where your only choice is to fight for survival or run for your life. There should also be intact derelicts. We've seen plenty of demolished ones. Some should be intact, abandoned in space, or even on land. Exploration should not, and I can't stress this enough, should not stem solely or mostly from missions! Let the missions be vast and varying in type by all means, a multitude of missions is always welcome. But please don't conflate missions and side quests, with exploration. 

-Armor & Apparel-

The armor should of course have good variety. Weight should factor in, which I believe it currently does. Also there should definitely be highly specialized suits for specific tasks. Of course there'll be a space suit for EVA in outer space, but adding other specializations for other armor sets/suits would be great too. There should be a set more suited for enduring intense heat, or cold or radiation. There should also mostly be non-EVA capable sets IMO. Body armor should not be conflated with EVA suits, and they should for the most part be separate, with a few exceptions. It would be cool to see a lot of options other than  simple armor for combat and space suits for EVA. One thought would be a stealth-suit with either quiet movement or even invisibility. Mostly I'm hoping it will prove an actual challenge to obtain armors, so that everyone isn't immediately buffed just after they begin playing. Let there be lots of varying, quirky outfits to be found.

-Miscellaneous-

NPCs for hire or available as crew members should use a rating system the likes of the one used in Metal Gear Solid V. They could have a certain class of career like 'linguist' or 'gunner' or 'medic', and within that specialty a certain set of ratings. Players should be able to activate distress beacons (false or genuine). If a player's ship is captured, they should be given the option to fight aboard the enemy ship in order to escape (think Han Solo and co, the capture of Millennium Falcon!).

Where are all the AIs? This is the future after all... There should be robots of some kind or another, even perhaps a sentient machine race!

There should also be a minimal amount of spawn/respawn actions. I realize this is counter-intuitive, given there's a massive universe to traverse. But it will add to the replay and return-to-game value; if people can easily spawn their ships and/or fast travel around it will make things overly-easy. It's nice that there's a wait-timer for summoning ships (at least destroyed ones). However, if a ship is not at the station at which you are staying, it should take time to arrive near you, and there should be a fuel cost and fee. Having all your ships easily at your fingertips will take away from the immersion and challenge of the game. It should also be more challenging IMO, to acquire cash. Gaining millions of credits should take a very long time. The quicker people progress in the game, the quicker the MMO will die.

I don't believe there should be a 'difficulty setting' option. The universe in general should prove pretty damn challenging, with areas of extreme and lesser challenges. Some mini-games would also be cool, so long as they remain within the Persistent Universe. Game modes are a bad idea. It's understandable at this point, given there are players currently in the game who want something working. But later on, when development is (mostly) "complete", having different game-modes will detract from the main MMO.

All hoverbikes should remain as hoverbikes, and not be turned into flying-space-hoverbikes! Please remove the flight-function for hoverbikes. Having flight for them is ridiculous and totally misses the point of a hoverbike. While I do agree that they should have some (slight) altitude control and perhaps a jump/boost, they should not  be able to simply fly away, especially up into space. A hoverbike is like a speeder from Star Wars, it's not for flight; only for elevated, fast, ground travel! This goes for all ships and vehicles; if they have a specialty let them stick to that specialty, no blurring lines, except perhaps in rare cases.

armstrong_nebula_hong_system_planet_casbin_by_serenityxgarrus-d9lwik5.jpg

Casbin_SLI.png

mgs5_mother_base_fights1.jpg

17 hours ago, iG-88 said:

Let's post our ideas for Star Citizen. The galaxy's a huge place, full of curiosities and splendor! Please be polite and have fun, while we discuss in detail the additions we want to see in SC. Constructive criticism is always welcome, keep it friendly... 

Here are a few ideas I will start us off with:

-Planets-

Planets should have highly varied biomes and environments. These should include ocean planets, desert worlds, jungle moons, cavernous lands, ice planets, swamps, (and a personal favorite) lava worlds! It would be cool to have various atmospheric conditions, such as excessive heat or cold or toxicity, even radioactivity, which could have specified suits designed for protection from those environments (without which players would perish!). Planets should also definitely have varying levels of gravity, some with no gravity at all, and some with intense gravitational pull and pressure, suit required. Gas giants would be really cool, where traversing the upper atmosphere would be OK. There could be floating outposts, etc. Then moving too close to the core could crush most ships... Also would be cool to see asteroid-based outposts, with subterranean areas.

All of this is highly likely already on CIG's long term plans list. They have talked about biomes and different kinds of worlds. In fact, the stanton system has a world, microtech, that's pretty much frozen over due to a mishap with terraforming. This world was then sold to the Microtech company, hence the name. There are a whole bunch of worlds described on Loremaker's Guide to the Galaxy, everything from worlds baking in radiation to frozen worlds far from the parent star or desert-like planets with actual giant sandworms. because.. well.. sandworms. CIG has said that on most worlds they are definitely looking at multiple biomes on one planet as every planet has its warmer and colder areas.

-Weather-

Weather should factor in on at least some planets, but not all. Some planets should remain placid, while others could have weather cycles such as: sandstorms, blizzards, high winds, etc. It would also be interesting to have electrical/radiation storms where again, special shielding would be required to survive. Another interesting addition would be meteor showers, perhaps not damaging to the player in most cases... Of course, the most intense weather should be on planets with lesser city-populations. There should also be 'weather' cycles in space the likes of radiation/electrical storms, where ships' shields would be rendered ineffective. Perhaps here or there, a neutronic wave front (Star Trek, Ahem)! Deadly nebula!

Weather is on the list as well. if you watched the first demo of planetary gameplay (Citizen Con 2016) they show an actual sandstorm. CIG also on occasion has shown rain, clouds, snow and fog in art and pre-vis stuff.. they are definitely already adding this. The Squadron 42 vertical slice shows their procedural cloud tech in action, along with bizarre electrical discharges in the Coil (in the Odin system). Seeing as they have already written lore on a whole bunch of different planets with extreme weather and radiation levels.. these ideas are definitely not new and I expect them in the game somewhere in the next couple of years.

-Ships-

The ships so far are absolutely bad-ass. Can hardly put it into words just how right they look and feel. I do have one minor issue to discuss regarding player immersion: Planetary entry/re-entry seems a bit off... It feels somewhat awkward orienting the ship into a nose-dive and then accelerating toward the planet. While that should still be an option for entry, it seems lacking, if it's the only way. Players should be allowed to let their ships drift slowly downward towards the surface (with a horizontal orientation relative to ground), all the while getting pulled to greater and greater speeds due to gravity. Currently it seems as though there is no gravity, requiring ships to nose-dive and hit the thrusters. The level of gravity should also have effects on how quickly ships take off, and how much fuel is consumed. Also some of the more lightweight craft should be capable of water-landing and flotation, some, not all.

I think you're right that at atmospheric entry feels a it off but planets and moons have gravity right now. In fact, if you turn off your engines within the gravity well of a planet you will fall to the surface. Chris Roberts has even stated that Gravity is simulated correctly (Citizencon 2017), where gravity becomes stronger the closer you get.

-Weaponry-

Weapons are also looking pretty nice, and I can't wait to hunt some bounties and pirates with the Scourge Cannon! Turrets on ships are awesome and so are the weapons additions to the ships main systems. Weapons turrets on ships should not be automated. Automation would detract from the challenge of the game, and we never want that! Instead the player should be able to either hire NPCs or other players to man different positions aboard their ship. Also it seems some of the infantry firearms are being slightly 'overdone', so to speak. For example the Devastator shotgun seemingly has way too much level of detail and unnecessary bulk added to it. My suggestion is to lean more on the side of realism. I know it's Sci-Fi. Still I hope devs don't get hung up on making things like fancy-diamond-encrusted-platinum-laser cannons with under-barrel flame throwers..! It would be amazing to see (in rare cases), Orbital Weapons Platforms that could, if accessed, rain supreme firepower down on the planet's surface, destroying small outposts, structures or towns... Of course it would be necessary to make accessing it an extreme challenge.

Accessories are nice. But keep away from over-extravagant weapon design.

Weapons systems, as any system in Star Citizen right now, are being balanced and worked on. If one weapon is clearly overpowered, count on it being changed.
As far as ship weapons, some weapons will be automated as some ships have a Point Defense System that will likely take care of missiles (though we have no data on these yet, your guess is as good as mine on how they exactly will work). CIG has shown automated turrets that can track and take down targets, it's likely that these will primarily used on landingzones and stations to deter pirates/vanduul or the occasional criminal.

As for planetary bombardment.. CIG said no before.. but they have changed their minds before. I'm not sue how this would work exactly, as such a thing would give players too much power I reckon.. but if anyone can make this work... it's CIG. Check again in about 5 years.

-Exploration- 

Exploration should be the fundamental, key point of the game. While some may argue that it is space battles, I tend to disagree. With so many space craft, vehicles and weapons, the gameplay will quickly become boring and the equipment redundant if there is not a vast amount of exploration. Here are a few thoughts on aspects of exploration: Artifacts, Flora and Fauna. Scattered throughout the verse there could be a plethora of different types of Artifacts to be found, only through rigorous exploring. There should be ancient ruins with old alien technology, perhaps rare weapons. There should be Obelisks and Pyramids and rare trinkets that could be sold or held as trophies. There could be mysterious devices, like the Orbs in Mass Effect (the first game) with strange properties. There could be alien tech that could be found and then saved for use at a far later date. Regarding Flora and Fauna, there could be a huge variety of harvesting options for certain crafting items. There really ought to be many creatures, perhaps mostly neutral/friendly. However some animals, in rare cases could turn out to be hostile, and highly challenging to face. Perhaps giant worms, or insectoids! Another thing could be infected worlds, or derelict ships (think Dead Space, or The Thing) where your only choice is to fight for survival or run for your life. There should also be intact derelicts. We've seen plenty of demolished ones. Some should be intact, abandoned in space, or even on land. Exploration should not, and I can't stress this enough, should not stem solely or mostly from missions! Let the missions be vast and varying in type by all means, a multitude of missions is always welcome. But please don't conflate missions and side quests, with exploration. 

A few years back CIG released a poll to see what people's interest were. They expected most of us to vote primarily for "shooting stuff in space" but exploration turned out so populair that CIG decided to make it a seperate profession with dedicated ships. We don't know anything on exploration right now as the mechanics will come into the game somewhere around 4.0 or at least when we have two whole solarsystems to explore. Seeing as the Star Citizen universe is really big, I expect everything you just mentioned and more.
I share in your excitement for this profession. I want some Indiana Jones type sh*t. Crazy alien technology, mysterious relics, underground temples, ruins of long dead civilizations, crazy space anomalies, bizarre lifeforms... and space whales. I still stand by what I said a few years(?) before, I want some crazy sh*t in space.

-Armor & Apparel-

The armor should of course have good variety. Weight should factor in, which I believe it currently does. Also there should definitely be highly specialized suits for specific tasks. Of course there'll be a space suit for EVA in outer space, but adding other specializations for other armor sets/suits would be great too. There should be a set more suited for enduring intense heat, or cold or radiation. There should also mostly be non-EVA capable sets IMO. Body armor should not be conflated with EVA suits, and they should for the most part be separate, with a few exceptions. It would be cool to see a lot of options other than  simple armor for combat and space suits for EVA. One thought would be a stealth-suit with either quiet movement or even invisibility. Mostly I'm hoping it will prove an actual challenge to obtain armors, so that everyone isn't immediately buffed just after they begin playing. Let there be lots of varying, quirky outfits to be found.

While currently every space suit has EVA abilities (which would make sense seeing as spacetravel is common place in this universe), CIG has talked about specialized gear. In fact, the backer reward at the 52M dollar mark was a BB-12 Manned Maneuvering Unit. We don't know exactly what that thing is, but as a Reclaimer captain, I am definitely interrested in specialized salvage space-suits. If you look at the current armors and suits in the game, this also seems to be going along with CIG's plans.

-Miscellaneous-

NPCs for hire or available as crew members should use a rating system the likes of the one used in Metal Gear Solid V. They could have a certain class of career like 'linguist' or 'gunner' or 'medic', and within that specialty a certain set of ratings. Players should be able to activate distress beacons (false or genuine). If a player's ship is captured, they should be given the option to fight aboard the enemy ship in order to escape (think Han Solo and co, the capture of Millennium Falcon!).

The first player service beacons are coming in with the patch at the end of the month (3.1). Escort Mission beacons are coming with 3.2.
CIG hasn't specified if Hireable NPCs will have classes but they will have their strengths and weaknesses. You will, according to what they have said previously, be able to "train"your NPCs, they will get better with time. They will probably fight if the ship is boarded, if so ordered. NPC enemies will be coming into the game soon(tm) so I see no reasonw hy our hirable NPCs couldn't make use of those.

Where are all the AIs? This is the future after all... There should be robots of some kind or another, even perhaps a sentient machine race!

CIG has said they do not want sentient AI within the UEE. Lorewise the reasoning is that these AI have caused issues in the past, most notably the disappearance of the Artemis, a colony ship launched before mankind discovered the first Jump Point (to the Crowshaw system).
Now, this doesn't mean other races can't have A.I. and there is still a race we know absolutely nothing about, the Kr'thak. Who knows what the future holds?

There should also be a minimal amount of spawn/respawn actions. I realize this is counter-intuitive, given there's a massive universe to traverse. But it will add to the replay and return-to-game value; if people can easily spawn their ships and/or fast travel around it will make things overly-easy. It's nice that there's a wait-timer for summoning ships (at least destroyed ones). However, if a ship is not at the station at which you are staying, it should take time to arrive near you, and there should be a fuel cost and fee. Having all your ships easily at your fingertips will take away from the immersion and challenge of the game. It should also be more challenging IMO, to acquire cash. Gaining millions of credits should take a very long time. The quicker people progress in the game, the quicker the MMO will die.

Again, CIG has plans for this. Right now things are pretty quick but since this is alpha, they don't want players to wait for hours or even days till they can get their ship back. The details are being worked on and discussed at CIG when they feel the need to change them. Chris Roberts said years ago that, depending on which ship you lose, it will take a while for you to get your ship back. A fighter would be processed a lot faster then a Javelin, for good reason.

I don't believe there should be a 'difficulty setting' option. The universe in general should prove pretty damn challenging, with areas of extreme and lesser challenges. Some mini-games would also be cool, so long as they remain within the Persistent Universe. Game modes are a bad idea. It's understandable at this point, given there are players currently in the game who want something working. But later on, when development is (mostly) "complete", having different game-modes will detract from the main MMO.

While CIG initially said they wanted a "pve-pvp slider, I believe this idea has been scrapped. How difficult it will be will depend heavily on what you are doing and where you are going. 0-sec space might be really dangerous, as will hostile alien territory. The further you go from UEE space, the more dangerous it might become. Again, this is all discussion and hearsay from CIG, from what they've said in the past.

All hoverbikes should remain as hoverbikes, and not be turned into flying-space-hoverbikes! Please remove the flight-function for hoverbikes. Having flight for them is ridiculous and totally misses the point of a hoverbike. While I do agree that they should have some (slight) altitude control and perhaps a jump/boost, they should not  be able to simply fly away, especially up into space. A hoverbike is like a speeder from Star Wars, it's not for flight; only for elevated, fast, ground travel! This goes for all ships and vehicles; if they have a specialty let them stick to that specialty, no blurring lines, except perhaps in rare cases.

This is your opinion and to be honest I share it. If you make a hoverbike into a flyable ship... it kind of defeats the purpose of it being a vehicle. Now, in the 2016 citizencon demo they did say we'll have dangerous areas we won't be able to fly... which hover-bikes would still be able to traverse.. but since then we haven't seen or heard from this idea.

So, in short; your new ideas are not so new but good ideas nonetheless. CIG is comprised of the most talented people in the industry, I'm sure they'll make some awesome things happen. They have my support!;)

3 hours ago, Fizzlefuse said:

So, in short; your new ideas are not so new but good ideas nonetheless. CIG is comprised of the most talented people in the industry, I'm sure they'll make some awesome things happen. They have my support!;)

Yes I realize some of this may have been discussed; I am entirely new to SC and the whole 'verse. Thank you for your input!

3 hours ago, Fizzlefuse said:

with actual giant sandworms. because.. well.. sandworms.

Of course! What universe is complete without giant worms emerging from sand..!

-A Few More Miscellaneous Ideas-

As I stated above I really think earning credits (or whatever units of income there is), should be difficult, if not extremely so. And even when one earns credits it should a tough task to keep it plentiful. This is because, in my humble experience with MMOs, easy cash and loot makes a dead MMO pretty quickly. Players join the game, earn millions, then have it all. Then new players join having nothing, and eventually, inevitably the old players give them handouts (and I'm not ragging on that, that's always fun). But soon everyone has everything they want and little to no reason to play at all. In SC Universe there should be a high level of scarcity. And I mean really high. At least as far as earning credits, loot, ships and gear.

Fizzlefuse got it right in what was said above, that since this is currently an Alpha version, CIG likely wants things somewhat easy so that players don't have long waits for everything. Also this helps players to more quickly discover bugs and glitches. I hope they can create the proper scarcity though, in the future.

Another pet-peeve concerning ships is that they currently seem far too responsive in space. This probably carries slightly over to atmospheric flight as well. Right now the smaller ships seem to move instantaneously in opposing directions. It would do miracles for game immersion if the fighter ships 'carried more weight' to them, so to speak. The laws of physics! A ship shouldn't be able to reach full thrust in one direction, then immediately reach full thrust in the opposite way.

There should be a moment of coasting to a halt while reversing thrusters, and then movement in the other direction (for the most part I'm referring to left-right/down-up strafing, but even forward and reverse momentum is somewhat a concern). Might get hate for it; some people enjoy the immediate responsiveness and razor sharp maneuvers and stopping on a dime... But it doesn't quite feel right with ships so awesome and immersive in every other way. Give the ships more weight, even the small ones! This is particularly problematic when it comes to ship collisions; it seems like, while some collisions do damage, most of it isn't enough to give it a realistic feel. Crashing into things at high speeds, no matter what they are or how they're shielded, should cause catastrophic damage to your ship. Here's an example: 

Fuel and air consumption should be a constant concern, at least in the future.

Equipping, as well as deploying ships should also take a fair-to-large amount of credits and/or resources.

Certain ships should be able to equip the cloaking device! (In rare cases. With no weapons or shields while cloaked; only specific ships.)

- Exploration should also involve locks and keys (and/or keycards) that are spread in distant locations throughout the galaxy. Some easy to find, most, not. Find one blue-epsilon keycard on a derelict space station at solar system A; and eventually, through coincidence, find a blue-epsilon card lock in solar system B, C or D. Lose the key, lose the ability to enter. This could then be countered by having other players with keys open for you, or eventually, by rare coincidence finding a key for sale.

There should also be treasure maps, clues and puzzles to solve. Also it'd be nice to have a star-map-purchase system to get some general guidance for space travel. If you don't have the star map, you lose navigation for that particular area of the Galaxy. Currently it seems that the entire area is known, and you're able to navigate a course wherever you want to go. This is not to say I want people limited from travel. I just think if you don't have an area mapped, you travel in blind. You might end up in Borg-infested space, exciting! 

It would be really cool, and also very funny if, upon death by depressurization, your characters eyes would pop out like in Total Recall. 

I know that last one's a bit out there, but it would be so funny!

I agree 100%. A lot of the game's existing mechanics need work. It looks awesome on the surface... But needs work nonetheless. I've seen a whole lot of people frustrated with the flight and gravity mechanics, both planetside and in space. If CIG wants immersion, then they should adhere the best they can to the rules of physics as we know it. Here's an interesting video regarding the topic - 

On the topic of money making, I think it's inevitable that people will eventually amass great amounts of wealth and that there will be a devide between old and new players. It's the nature of the game and you know people will find the best way to make bank, whatever CIG tends to change. there will be money sinks but eventually there will be the trillionaires that can buy any ship they want and fly them into the sun without care. The rate at wich we make money is up to CIG but it's only a matter of time. Compared to EVE, Star Citizen doesn't have a very steep learning curve and I expect new players to be able to catch up relatively quickly, and I'm sure orgs (such as Imperium) will lend a helping hand.

With regards to the physics.. yeah they need work. To be honest things arent bothering too much but it could definitely be improved upon.

Fizzlefuse I disagree. I think it's better that CIG doesn't make easy money. It's true, the ultimate end will be players with trillions of UEC, certainly with Orgs and players giving hand-outs. Still CIG really shouldn't make it easy getting to that point. 

On 3/20/2018 at 4:02 AM, iG-88 said:

easy cash and loot makes a dead MMO pretty quickly.

IG-88 this is so true. I'm tired of joining an MMO only to find 100's of helpers waiting for noobs to help. Then wealth/gear gets handed down to noobs and the more the wealth spreads the less people have an actual reason for playing, aside from leveling player stats. Basically they get all the best gear, and never have to find and fight for it. Don't get me wrong, helpful players are really usually cool dudes. It's just frustrating that you go to the trouble to get into a huge MMO only to find it constantly giving off a stale-petering-out feeling. I want Star Citizen to stay healthy and alive for a super long time! Other MMOs have done it, they can too.

And here's hoping they go with your advice on exploration!

binthuscreenshot.jpg

Yeah all of the Mass Effect fanboys are waiting for an ACTUAL sci-fi game (#MeToo lol). Mass Effect was a fantastic game right up until they betrayed their core playerbase when they came out with the second part of the series. Did you like roving and space exploration..? Too bad, all gone! They literally removed everything great about the game. ME II was really good, except for the dumbed down mechanics and lack of exploration. EVERY Sci-Fi flick out there is about EXPLORATION of some sort or another. Even when it's not space, they explore the human body, diseases, the ocean floor!

I like the idea of having (hope I'm not too cliche) a nice few zombie scenarios, where maybe a plague got out of hand on a planet or space station, maybe a whole moon or two infected. You could spend a little time slaying hordes like the flood from Halo, or yes, Dead Space or Left 4 Dead. That would be sucha good scenario to play out, just add a few infected worlds to the galaxy!

All in all I just hope they get the game out before people lose interest... Of course don't push it out too quickly! 

WE WANT A LARGE DIVERSE GALAXY

3187288-0973976797-flood.jpg

15 minutes ago, TheFinalFrontier said:

WE WANT A LARGE DIVERSE GALAXY

Amen to that.

Does anyone know a good forum to get ideas through to the SC gamers? Or maybe the devs..?

*I do know of Reddit

On 3/18/2018 at 8:27 PM, iG-88 said:
22 minutes ago, iG-88 said:

Does anyone know a good forum to get ideas through to the SC gamers? Or maybe the devs..?

Yeah hover-bikes need to stay near the ground. Have you tried the main SC site? There's a chat called Spectrum. It's only for people who bought the game though..

On 3/19/2018 at 11:01 AM, Fizzlefuse said:

This is your opinion and to be honest I share it. If you make a hoverbike into a flyable ship... it kind of defeats the purpose of it being a vehicle. Now, in the 2016 citizencon demo they did say we'll have dangerous areas we won't be able to fly... which hover-bikes would still be able to traverse.. but since then we haven't seen or heard from this idea.

I think the people who disagree are mostly young kids. Not that I don't want them in the game, just sayin.

As Star Citizen is a PC game on the bleeding edge of PC hardware, most of the  community consists of older people with an income... many console kids can’t afford a high end gaming rig. That said, some are bound to be in Star Citizen and they have every right to play. I just hope those who do are generally a little more mature then the screaming COD kiddies. I don’t think I can handle those in this game 😒

I have no issue with the DF, Nox, or X1 being able to move between points in space as long as it short distance relative to the area they are in, like an out post, truck stop, asteroid area or ship to ship. No transitioning between space and the ground, though. They aren't transports like the Argo.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes A WHOLE LOT of people don't like the whole flight thing with the Nox and Dragonfly. Not to mention it's buggy AF. Think the problem with flight mechanics (aside from "grav-lev" bikes) in general is that the ship engages thrusters as soon as you power on the engine, making them immediately lift off. This doesn't really make sense IMHO. It should require that you push the upward-thrust key (and keep pushing it to maintain- upward movement/altitude). The current mechanic makes it seem like none of the planets have any gravity!

On 3/22/2018 at 7:26 AM, Fizzlefuse said:

As Star Citizen is a PC game on the bleeding edge of PC hardware, most of the  community consists of older people with an income... many console kids can’t afford a high end gaming rig. That said, some are bound to be in Star Citizen and they have every right to play. I just hope those who do are generally a little more mature then the screaming COD kiddies. I don’t think I can handle those in this game 😒

This is why making a steep learning curve and highly challenging gameplay is CRUCIAL. If the game is challenging enough we can all rest assured, the CoD kiddies will stay away. Only a few of them will join, and when they do they'll be forced to take the game more seriously. Of course it should be fun. But it should be one of those games where people can sit back after playing and be like, "DAMN, that was a hell of a challenge!". I'm thinking of Cuphead, Dark Souls, Demon Souls etc...

8 hours ago, Hal9000 said:

This is why making a steep learning curve and highly challenging gameplay is CRUCIAL. If the game is challenging enough we can all rest assured, the CoD kiddies will stay away. Only a few of them will join, and when they do they'll be forced to take the game more seriously. Of course it should be fun. But it should be one of those games where people can sit back after playing and be like, "DAMN, that was a hell of a challenge!". I'm thinking of Cuphead, Dark Souls, Demon Souls etc...

Maybe but not quite as hard as those games. Some people aren’t into beating their heads against a wall repeatedly 😉