Aegis Idris Frigate

VoA

@LloydM Thanx for the info, I would like to know. If I could have ship-to-ship guns (Idris-to-Idris) and Anti-Fighter guns aswell?. In EvE you can't do that, you have to have the same weapon load outs for that ship.

I would like to mix it up and be bale to hold my own in a ship-to-ship while taking out the fighters that are incoming (Gladiators, Hornets, Mustangs and etc.).

Edited by CODENAME: カラス

i doubt they will add a 3rd power unit the reasoning for the m for having two is one is dedicated to the rail gun and the other is for ship use, as for more armour its a bigger ship so you get more armour i guess :)

Its a frigate class now not a corvette :)

@Jeff Rubicon Yeah true :)

You have shields with upgrades for them, so why not have upgrades for the Hull/Armour

Reactive armour is a type of vehicle armour that reacts in some way to the impact of a weapon to reduce the damage done to the vehicle being protected. It is most effective in protecting against shaped charges and specially hardened long rod penetrators. The most common type is explosive reactive armour (ERA), but variants include self-limiting explosive reactive armour (SLERA), non-energetic reactive armour (NERA), non-explosive reactive armour (NxRA), and electric reactive armour. Unlike ERA and SLERA, NERA and NxRA modules can withstand multiple hits, but a second hit in exactly the same location will still penetrate.

Edited by CODENAME: カラス

Yea that would be cool but there are a lot of variety in weapons making it hard to choose a specific type of armour type i.e lasers, ballistics , railguns and missles & torps.

agree that is hopefully the means to atually achieving the wanted rock/paper/scissors situation

Hey guys! Sorry to jump in late, but I figured I'd share. The original Jump Point magazine from when they announced the corvette to frigate status change has tons of information about it that I didn't see anywhere else. Like the Idris has a dedicated armory and Pilot's briefing room. There are crawlspaces running below several of the corridors for engineers to go into for repairs. (Or for boarders to sneak around in) And lastly, the new Idris actually has 2 separate hangars. There is the main flight deck for fighters, and a smaller bay at the bottom of the ship for launching a support shuttle that comes with it. It can be used either as a transport/rescue ship, or as a cargo hauler.

Here is the link for those interested. It's totally worth a read if you haven't seen it.

That said, it also claims that that the Idris can only carry two Hornets, which is definitely out of date. 

Hey guys! Sorry to jump in late, but I figured I'd share. The original Jump Point magazine from when they announced the corvette to frigate status change has tons of information about it that I didn't see anywhere else. Like the Idris has a dedicated armory and Pilot's briefing room. There are crawlspaces running below several of the corridors for engineers to go into for repairs. (Or for boarders to sneak around in) And lastly, the new Idris actually has 2 separate hangars. There is the main flight deck for fighters, and a smaller bay at the bottom of the ship for launching a support shuttle that comes with it. It can be used either as a transport/rescue ship, or as a cargo hauler.

Here is the link for those interested. It's totally worth a read if you haven't seen it.

That said, it also claims that that the Idris can only carry two Hornets, which is definitely out of date. 

:blink: