MISC Endeavor

Flatfoot

Got my  Combo Pack with Carrack and Endeavor

Im planning to bring the girls far away and set up camp with the telescope and science pods, find something and send the Carrack to scout and the Reclaimer to salvage.

Where is the best place to apply for a unit that I can work with to contribute in such a mannner?

By the way I love the detachable ship, it reminds me of the Defiant / DS9 relationship in star trek DS9.

I hope it can be upgraded nicely and can add flexibility to endeavour role as platform

1 hour ago, petrvs said:

Where is the best place to apply for a unit that I can work with to contribute in such a mannner?

First place to start is to click on the Portal icon in the upper right corner of the screen to look over the various units and see what there interests are - or use this link:

https://portal.starcitizenbase.com/unit/overview

Then you can click on the Unit icon adjacent to that to find out more about the unit and how to apply - or use this link:

https://forums.starcitizenbase.com/gc/

18 minutes ago, VoA said:

First place to start is to click on the Portal icon in the upper right corner of the screen to look over the various units and see what there interests are - or use this link:

https://portal.starcitizenbase.com/unit/overview

Then you can click on the Unit icon adjacent to that to find out more about the unit and how to apply - or use this link:

https://forums.starcitizenbase.com/gc/

Thanks VoA

ill contact the 313th!

• 3 months later...

Yep, thankfully I know I want the supercollider otherwise there are so many options it's hard to choose what you want. It's a fantastic ship, wonder if you could manage more than one, I'd love to have one with just biodomes if it's not to much of a hassle to grab the crops I'd just leave it in Imperium space if that was a thing. :D

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Nerubi said:

Damn I need to get one of these. Gonna charge 500 UEC to come inside my space zoo lol.

2 hours ago, BryGen said:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067756/ looks like you can rent it on amazon.

Also I really hope they work in a habitat module for the Olympic domes for keeping animals such as raising livestock or for a zoo.

They have said they will have planets containing wild animals which can then be traded on the black market ie endangered species.  I wonder if we will be able to transport them live too? hmmm

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

Refining room...

However, you missed the most important thing of all, "idr_bar" !

Could someone use an endeavor as a mothership to refine the ores mined by 10-15 prospectors and transported by Hulls A/B's. Perhaps this could be a large org work that is even more efficent than an orion (multiple places being drilled, one massive refinery)!

Well The endeavor could do it as another unknown module, but there would also need large cargo holds but unrefined and refined and possible landing or unloading hanger. However, for any org I'd recommend Orion's more mining,  faster rate and refined.

You'd have to mine the ore, load it up, transport to the Endeavor, unload it, refine it, load it back up, and transport it where you want it. 

vs just using the Orion and mining it straight up, refining it, load, then transporting it. 

2 extra steps to use an Endeavor vs an Orion, but if you're using Prospectors already and the modules are pretty efficient (or available at all) it could totally makes sense, if you didn't have an Orion already there able to do that work and fully crewed.

I'd imagine the refining room is more to do with refining things like plants into useful chems, rather than refining ores...?

Im pretty sure newyone is correct, this is not a mining ship and the refining area listed for the endeavor is for scientific materials not a large scale mining op.

It would be better if cig made a mode for the starfarer so it would become a medium sized refinery.

AstroJak

We'll just have to wait and see because the term refining is very broad. I hope it can refine lots of things including Chemicals, Fuel (gas) and Ore eventually with new modules. :)

After all it's my favourite large industry ship.

Orion and Starfarer are two large industrial ships designed to handle the ore and fuel/gas straight off. Endeavor isn't the industrial ship. industrial means large scale *blank*. even the greenhouse system would run into the storage problem and with costs going around. Anyway, it wouldn't do anything on a large industrial scale.

However, I do see the Endeavor as a very useful ship. even some systems can't produce on the surface as the are too hot or too cold. and it is a premium for large greenhouses. she won't do industrial scale increasing stats or weapons power output/input.

1 hour ago, Devil Khan said:

Orion and Starfarer are two large industrial ships designed to handle the ore and fuel/gas straight off. Endeavor isn't the industrial ship. industrial means large scale *blank*. even the greenhouse system would run into the storage problem and with costs going around. Anyway, it wouldn't do anything on a large industrial scale.

However, I do see the Endeavor as a very useful ship. even some systems can't produce on the surface as the are too hot or too cold. and it is a premium for large greenhouses. she won't do industrial scale increasing stats or weapons power output/input.

I was refering to the size itself ingame, and the fact it's a industry ship by default.

"Industry, economic activity concerned with the processing of raw materials and manufacture of goods in factories". I'd say the Endeavor falls in line with the term "Industry" by how you set it up on a module basis.

16 hours ago, faquarl25 said:

Could someone use an endeavor as a mothership to refine the ores mined by 10-15 prospectors and transported by Hulls A/B's. Perhaps this could be a large org work that is even more efficent than an orion (multiple places being drilled, one massive refinery)!

AT this time, not according to the available information. The Orion is currently the only ship able to do that. As others have said, it would require another module. Save for black market narcotics production (found in the 2015 Jumppoint 3-10 lore and indicated as a modification. Again, to be specific "The Lore") it isn't an industry focused ship.

1 hour ago, Basard said:

I was refering to the size itself ingame, and the fact it's a industry ship by default.

"Industry, economic activity concerned with the processing of raw materials and manufacture of goods in factories". I'd say the Endeavor falls in line with the term "Industry" by how you set it up on a module basis.

NOT an industry ship by default. How do you reach such a conclusion. It is patently a science and exploration ship that can also support both a Hospital function and agricultural research. As I noted above, there is NO industry module/variant at present or known to be in planning.

2017-03-05 14_24_51-JumpPoint_03-10_Oct-15_Ein-Praechtiges-Unterfangen.pdf.png