Interview with Chris Roberts at CitCon

Donut

Transcript:

Spoiler

Q: Can we expect some kind of relationships between players and NPC's?

A: Definitely friendship is possible between player and NPC, but romances - we not yet sure about that. NPC will like you or don't and this will be some kind of fundamental part of your play.

Q: Recently you said - we will have 5-10 star systems on the release, can you name this systems? 

A: No, because it was sort of misquote, so what i was said - now you're paying 40-50 dollars and you can play, but the game don't have all the features and it's not at planned scale. But what i was meaning - when we can say that game on the level on the first "release", when all main features are in game, at least on the basic level, you will probably have 5-10 systems. And i didn't mean, that we will have only 5-10 systems on the release.

Q: Is there any limitations of number of NPC's that we can hire? 

A: I'm sure there will be some limitation, we didn't decided about it yet. So in Squadron we have all this NPC, manning turrets, repairing ships, cleaning floors and that what will be carried across to the PU, so you will have fully needed stuff, and we will probably limit this number, just for performance. So, we'll probably not allow you to have thousand NPC's because of framerate.

Q: Should we pay some fee for our ships in hangar that we don't use? 

A: So, one day, when you will be able to have a few hangars in different locations, you will need to pay fee, but not for your "home" hangar, only on others that you might have.

Q: What's the current plans of after-release monetization? Like, you said, you will only sell UEC after the release. 

A - and also a game packages 

Q - Yeah, so, do you really think that this will support game for a long time? 

A: I dont know. Our plan, that you bought game package and that is the only you should pay. And we have a subscriptions, that allow us to make AtV's and stuff, and generally this is our plan, but we'll see how it goes.

Q: How deep loot will go? Can we take all armor from killed enemy? 

A: Yes. You will be able to full-loot your killed enemy.

Q: Ship crashes - you still have a plans for derelicts being generated by players? 

A: Definitely. We will have derelicts placed by our team, but we will also have derelicts created by players. But, at some point, when there is too much stuff in this zone, we will start clean it.

Q: And if i crashed on planet, will it be physically performanced, like a trail of sand behind a ship?

A: So, when ship crashed, it will be there for some period of time, and there will be details, like a trail, wreckage and stuff, that will go away faster than main body.

Q: What's the current plans of after-release monetization? Like, you said, you will only sell UEC after the release. 

A - and also a game packages 

I figured there would be packages. My guess is there will be a few tiers of packages, starting from aurora and ending with constellation, as well as role-specific packages (Such as a trucker package might come with a starfarer).

On 10/31/2017 at 2:20 AM, danredda said:

I figured there would be packages. My guess is there will be a few tiers of packages, starting from aurora and ending with constellation, as well as role-specific packages (Such as a trucker package might come with a starfarer).

Wouldn't that go against him saying the ship sales will end at release?