Devchat -January 27th to 9th

VoA

Devchat -January 27th to 9th <<-- See link or below...

Feb 10

DEVCHAT -JANUARY 27TH TO FEBRUARY 9TH

DevChat2

BY DOLVAK

MONDAY, JANUARY 27TH

FUELING, DOCKING, AND STARFAIRING

Matt Sherman goes into a bit of detail of plans for fueling and docking mechanics.

CIG Matt Sherman (12:43:16 PM): Right now, the active-refueling is still WIP, so the how/where it connects is still getting some work done. Enough will be centered on the fuel-system mounted to the Starfarer though.

CIG Matt Sherman (12:50:03 PM): Well, again, the active-refuel is WIP. Realistically, it’s not a terribly hard thing to get added, since some of the function/tubing from the ship to fuel-tanks can be safely abstracted.

CIG Matt Sherman (12:50:41 PM): The refuel ports are planned, just not locked in for complete functionality, but they’re not going to be so substantial that it’d drastically alter any ship to accomodate.

CIG Matt Sherman (12:52:46 PM): The current repair/rearm/etc is just a rough setup to get it running so people can keep going around the Crusader map without having to always be respawning a new ship.

CIG Matt Sherman (12:58:27 PM): Right now, docking rings will be standardized among other docking rings, but not directly locked to turret sizing.

MONDAY, FEBRUARY 8TH

CLOUDS AND NEBULAS

Ben talks a bit about tech demos in response to a question from a citizen.

Anonymous: Hey, Ben, I was wondering about something and I don’t know if you can talk about it at all – for the systems that will have gas clouds etc., are they planned to take up the whole system or are we gonna be able to fly in and out of the clouds freelancer-style?

CIG Ben Lesnick (5:26:25 PM): All the tech demos I’ve seen have been clouds you fly in and out of. I think science-wise, normally an entire system is inside a nebula… but maybe we’ll fudge it to make it look better.

CIG Ben Lesnick (5:29:09 PM): I love everything Wing COmmander, of course, but Wing Commander 3(and 4) were BAD at nebulas :)

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 9TH

BMM DEETS

This is mostly fluff but my BMM addiction requires me to add any and all information about the BMM to DevChat.

CIG Kraiklyn (7:17:23 AM): I am salivating over my Banu Merchantman.

CIG Kraiklyn (7:18:19 AM): I have nothing to offer on BMM news. But it is certainly one of my favorite ships. :)

CIG Kraiklyn (7:32:05 AM): 1: You assumed I saw new details about the BMM :) 2: There are always plans for things, many things, different things. ..