WAVE 5 - Confirmed Concept Ships + New Ideas [POLL]

VoA

WAVE 5 - Confirmed Concept Ships + New Ideas [POLL]= See OP for Details  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for 5th Starter Ship to join the Aurora, Mustang, Reliant and Dragonfly:

• Aegis Terrapin
    • Anvil Hurricane
    • None of the Above - I have another suggested Starter Ship Posted in this thread.
    • None of the Above - I think we have enough Starter Ships (let's have a larger ship)
  2. 2. If CIG adds another TNGS - which one would you prefer?

• Shadowmantis (TNGS)
    • Phoenix (TNGS)
    • Rhino (TNGS)
    • Scimitar (TNGS)
    • AX-14 Silverback (TNGS)
    • Brutus (TNGS)
    • A114X Boomslang (TNGS)
  3. 3. Vote on your preference for the Community Created Ship examples below:

• Northstar - Blackjack
    • Anvil Hygeia
    • Markon Wings - Hopper
    • The Osiris
    • Other Ships (one of the ships in Video - see link in OP)
    • None of the Above - Post your Own Ship on this thread below (see OP)

I looked at a clearer shot and it was apparently lightning in progress. He is the only guy for his role for CIG. Also LA and UK are the only ones in CIG that he lists, the third party it doesn't confirm. RSI Polaris is the only one that isn't written down, which we do know is being made in UK.

3 hours ago, FoxChard said:

I'm not sure how you got that they're selling the F8 out of all of that...to me the board just implied that they may be reconcepting the F8.

"Ready for concept"

"In Concept"

"Ready for sale"

are pretty clear what their meaning is.

Here, every time I try to pause it so I can get a clear screenshot it gets fuzzy when paused.

1 hour ago, Devil Khan said:

"Ready for concept"

"In Concept"

"Ready for sale"

are pretty clear what their meaning is.

Well, lets agree to disagree. 

I just think its very plausible that somewhere at some point there was a board that said "Bengal" on it, doesn't mean its being sold.  To expand, all ships, regardless of sales intent move through the same pipeline, all that chart shows is that those ships are in the pipeline at various stages.  Its not a complete look, as you've pointed out because it doesn't include the Polaris, or the Prowler or Argo, Retribution, Javelin, Volper, any Vanduul or any of the other myriad ships I've forgotten some of which we do know are at least moving into the pipeline. 

F8 is a puzzling inclusion, I'll give you that.  Last summer it appeared nearly complete, perhaps it didn't work out that way, or they've reconcepted it, or it turned out to be infeasible or against the Anvil design methodology.  We won't know anything until they tell us, of course.  And it won't be the first time they've done something they said they won't.  I'd be disappointed because I enjoy the idea of there being emergent gameplay connected with seizing or discovering F8s scattered about and those being in short supply.  Its the allure of the forbidden, you know, and that's what makes this game cool-that you can't just 'buy' everything, that you have to play and strategize and connive to get everything.

I'm also prepared to eat my words and buy one if it comes to that.  

You should as they said it would come with one on multiple resource pages.

It definitely goes into what I've been saying though. It's stretching it, but it seems to be laying out perfectly.

- Idris fullly shown at and by GamesCon. Remember, their booth is the Idris Bridge.
- Idris might become hangar or flight ready by September
- Bengal was shown off just now (a little early than I anticipated)
---- It was said on ATV yesterday that they would put the Bengal at 70% complete, and that they have 3 months to get it complete.
- In 3 Months, it's CitizenCon.
- CitizenCon will give us SQ42, show us the trailer to SQ42, and/or give us a Release Date.
- If any of the above is true, I expect them to show off the Javelin in full as they are keeping that particular ship back for the "wow factor" and to give SQ42 more of a surprise. 

Yep.  Agreed.  Bengal is going to be a end-game wow of SQ42 or not at all.  Thats why they didn't mind showing it off a little bit now-we'll have to wait another year or so to see it again.  Jav hasn't been shown, not once.  This supports that it will be in SQ42 as more than just a 'wow'.  Finally, the game probably takes place on an Idris, which is the 'home ship' of the game.  Since they've been introducing non-UEEN characters, I'm sure we'll get around a bit in system too.  From the Morrow Tour, if thats still anything to go by, there are at least two or more Idris in a squadron/patrol/fleet/division/whatever and I'm willing to bet there is also a Jav.

I would say them doing the Bengal now probably has two reasons:

1) Taking it on as a worst case study. Basically revealing all of the tech challenges that come up. If they can do the Bengal in PU they can do almost anything.

2) Using it for cinematics in Sq42 episode 1. They don't need it complete but they certainly can't use that ancient model they had so far. I don't think the Bengal will appear in Sq42_E01 but it might appear in some "Vanduul attack destroys UEE fleet" opening cinematic.

Its also an impressive accomplishment-a team of seven artists built, fleshed out, likely animated (we saw some at least), lit, and painted a ship thats 990m long, and probably 200-300 wide and tall.  Only seven people did that since the beginning of the year.  At the very least once they clean off these big ships, they can really kick it into gear with the other ships we've been waiting on-including this mystery wall of new concepts.  Since last fall they've been mostly trying to concept and produce a ship seamlessly, instead of sticking it into the bin with all of the others to wait.  Imagine if the Idris or Bengal teams get freed up, they'll have that entire wall of reveal ships in simultaneous production.  

11 minutes ago, FoxChard said:

Yep.  Agreed.  Bengal is going to be a end-game wow of SQ42 or not at all.  Thats why they didn't mind showing it off a little bit now-we'll have to wait another year or so to see it again.  Jav hasn't been shown, not once.  This supports that it will be in SQ42 as more than just a 'wow'.  Finally, the game probably takes place on an Idris, which is the 'home ship' of the game.  Since they've been introducing non-UEEN characters, I'm sure we'll get around a bit in system too.  From the Morrow Tour, if thats still anything to go by, there are at least two or more Idris in a squadron/patrol/fleet/division/whatever and I'm willing to bet there is also a Jav.

Bengal isn't the endgame as it will never  be ours and it isn't the largest current specs make 4 "areas" on the bengal. Retrubution is nearly twice it's lenght and the Kingship is 400m longer

5 hours ago, Nerubi said:

Argo will be next ship sale and it will be flyable confirmed.

Just now, Devil Khan said:

Bengal isn't the endgame as it will never  be ours and it isn't the largest current specs make 4 "areas" on the bengal. Retrubution is nearly twice it's lenght and the Kingship is 400m longer

I beg to differ on that. The Bengal is the largest ship, that we know of right now, a player can CONTROL, not own. There's a difference between the two.

We know next to nothing about the Retribution or if we can even be inside it.

RTV - Just Now

11:10 
- Next concept sale will be the Argo. It's not quite a concept sale, but it'll be ready to go with 2.5. It's not a big ship rollout. There'll be roles for the Argo though. People want the argo, so it's coming. THere are three variants. Two will be ready and will be sold. We saw the Argo in the Morrow tour.

The Argo Comes with 3 different Pod options - they have 2 of them done now.

More from RTV - Just now....

11:46 
- [More starter ships?] Yes. There will be more. They're redefining what you think of as a starter ship though. Might not be anything as entry-level as the mustang or Aurora, but yes, they're looking at some of the other bigger starter ships from previous polls, It's the list of ships. Some of the others from the starter poll are being looked at. They're not the exact same ships from that poll, they've had some enhancements and changes. We'll learn what those changes are when the concept sales come.

11:47 
- [Upcoming Aegis ship still Eclipse? Sounds more RSI?] Ben can see it,unless there are other meanings to the word? (Ben Dodges the Question) - (referring tot he leaked image from ATV)

17 hours ago, FoxChard said:

I'm not sure how you got that they're selling the F8 out of all of that...to me the board just implied that they may be reconcepting the F8.

Agreed. I think as it's just a dev board with information for devs there is nothing to say the F8 will be sold.

Although if CIG did sell it they would probably make $2M off that one ship alone.

If they are re-concepting it that's a shame because i think the design they had was one of the best looking ships.

Alright, so an Argo. No weapons, no Quantum Drive, no Jump Drive, limited range and limited functionality as it needs to be carried by another ship but only a limited number of ships have room to even carry one and it already comes standard on an Idris while other ships with possible room (Carrack, Reclaimer, 890Jump) already come with their own utility or snub ship.

So I'm guessing one of the few ships that might have enough space to carry it and have a use for it might be the Caterpillar. Starfarer and Gemini are a no-go as the cargobay doors are not high enough to allow entry and it would be a waste on the Javelin as it has a hangar that's specifically built to house a Redeemer (unless you like to fill it up with Argo's instead of having a gunship with dropship capabilities).

So unless CIG suddenly decided that it will have a QD+JD the Argo will be the most useless ship in the Verse to buy. Unless I missed something... ;)

25 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

it would be a waste on the Javelin as it has a hangar that's specifically built to house a Redeemer (unless you like to fill it up with Argo's instead of having a gunship with dropship capabilities).

Most likely The Jav will have a special place for it, like the Idris will have a special spot for it.

9 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

except for 3D concept files which happened to be part of those leaks. Also we were given the 2D image while over 2 years ago in it's length was 1580 meters long.

cmx2lCK.jpg

Would love to get my hands on a Tomahawk

I'd think that the benefit of the Argo is that it is cheap to operate and not much bigger than the large cargo containers it's designed to move. Space efficiency and operating efficiency is important. It will very likely do planetary landing so it's how you get people to the surface while your Idris is in space dock. Six people in the back, two Argo, 4 trips leaving a skeleton crew behind. Besides which, NPCs need ways to move cargo even if we don't want to. It's a good design.