Star Citizen concept ship walkthrough including the 890 Jump and Carrack.

VoA

Star Citizen concept ship walkthrough including the 890 Jump and Carrack = is a really cool video where the video producer (a fan) uses the cry engine assets and places them in a generic environment to look a each ship.  I think it is from the same guy that produces the still images we see in the ship sizes thread (though not sure) - Enjoy :wub:

you always got some nice finds voa! 

edit: now that i've watched a bit of it.... just wow!! our 890's are looking so cool.. The hangar clearly doesn't have room for the other 85x so I can't wait to see that expansion..the cargo bay.. zomg

carrack is cool too >>

Great find, @VoA! You can tell they haven't finished the (grey/white?) boxing the Carrack, but still there's a sense of size and potential.  I wonder what those bridge-level doors are going to be for that the video kept poking through...

Speaking of size, the 890J is a beauty on the inside!  I arrived too late to the party for that one though.

Speaking of size, the 890J is a beauty on the inside!  I arrived too late to the party for that one though.

As an architect / aerospace engineer in real life I fell in love with the 890 Jump even more :wub:  --- and can't wait to see the finished version.  With the 890 Jump being a limited edition ship...... and many that probably (mistakenly) melted it (since it is expensive)...... to get other ships..... are going to have "melter's remorse" :cripes:   Fortunately people can unmelt ships..... and I am sure once the 890 Jump is available in Hangar to see (in PBR) then we will see a sudden spike in RSI sales for the day (with all the un-melts). :gr_cool:

The Carrack isn't as complete but still an attractive ship :thumb: and happy that I picked one up (LAST DAY IS TODAY for the Sale :excl: )

The Xi'An Khartu-Al is really awesome too :secret:  and I'll likely be flying it more than my Super Hornet but we'll see.

@VoA

The 890 will probably get bigger too, so it  can accommodate the 300 series. I expect it to grow close to the original Idris size of about 150m.   

I hadn't heard that. It's really going to take a 300?

Yes - but I am not sure it will get "bigger" to accommodate the 300 series - I think it is more likely to just have the lower level reconfigured to allow for a larger hangar (we don't know we will have to wait and see).  If you look at the RSI threads on this  (and yes CIG is looking at the player suggestions) .... it should have enough space with the size of the 890 Jump now to accommodate a larger hangar (just re-configuring some other things).  If they simply scaled the ship up - it would require them to redo the bridge and crew lounge (and they work perfect at the scale they are at now).  There are other player suggestions as well see:

890 Jump - Design Questions