Star Wars Rebels - Kickoff

Doopsums

The new spiritual successor to The Clone Wars has kicked off last week and I absolutely loved it. The score, writing, and characters are top notch IMO. Wookies need some work though. :huh:

I will keep this list updated as the show airs for everyone.

Links:

Episode 1/2- "Spark of the Rebellion" : Link

Episode 3 - "Droids in Distress" : Link

Episode 4 - "Fighter Flight" : Link

Episode 5 - "Rise of the Old Masters" : Link

Episode 6 - "Out of Darkness" : Link

Episode 7 - "Empire Day" : Link

Episode 8 - "Gathering Forces" : Link

Episode 9 - "Path of the Jedi" - Link

Episode 10 - "Idiots Array" - Link

Episode 11 - "Vision of Hope - Link

Episode 12 - "Call to Action" - Link

Episode 13 - "Rebel Resolve" - Link

Episode 14 - "Fire Across the Galaxy" - Link

Edit 1 2/26/15 - All links should be working now.

Edited by Doopsums

I watched it yesterday and I loved it. It was sad that CW ended (even more that it wasn´t exactly finished IMO), but the new show has filled the void perfectly. Interesting start of the story with a lot of potential and great characters. I´m looking forward to see more.

I watched it a day or two ago and I didn't love it.

Everything happened too quickly. Way too quickly.

The animation seemed off in most places, and in others, over animated. For example, Hera moves way too much when talking and that is incredibly distracting (disappointed too, since she is voiced by Vanessa Marshall). Jarrus looked too stiff, as well. The characters moved too much in "battle" (if you could call it battles), their lip syncing was off pace and overall it looks like the quality decreased from The Clone Wars. Even if it is just enough to notice, it is a lot to me. It also dumbed itself down further to appease people under the age of ten—which wouldn't be a problem if it handled it better than this.

This rebellion group has a long way to go to build character behind itself with a cast that seems relatively bland in comparison to what we had in The Clone Wars. In terms of humor is really has to try harder too, as I do not see this show living long (though it probably will regardless because it is Disney—tyrant and all) without a strong cast of humorous characters. So far, it looks like Zeb is the only one in the show with the best character among them.

I guess I will just really miss the fluid animation TCW had in the last few seasons and the great cast. With that said, I'm real glad Disney decided to keep The Clone Wars as back story for this new show (Hera is related to Cham Syndulla and we got to see Obi-Wan (whom I LOVED the design of)) as it will help the show overall.

People can take this as an overly critical review, I don't care. It is not like I am saying the show is terrible...just being realistic. It has a long way to go.

/end

Does anyone else notice that there always has to be a Twi'lek in Star Wars? :lol:

I was hoping for them to do something set directly after ROTS. Kinda following each character as they made their way out into a new galaxy sorta like the Republic Commando novel. 

Then again, maybe they did that with season 6 of the Clone Wars, but I haven't seen it yet.

Anyone think we will see Darth Vader, or even hear about him in this series? I would really like to see Anakin as Darth Vader once again and I think this show will  be a great chance to show him in that kind of light (even if it won't be very serious/mature).

Seems like there always has to be a human in there too :)

True, but Twi'leks...maybe they must be in everything. I think they are the most seen alien species in Star Wars. :P

A first episod and already some anthologic moments.

This show as  all the qualities to become a masterpiece... Clone wars was going too dark for an anime aiming to a young audimat... 

It wasn't that dark. Besides, it wasn't aiming for anyone particularly young either. I believe it was suitable for the target age.

I watched it a day or two ago and I didn't love it.

Everything happened too quickly. Way too quickly.

The animation seemed off in most places, and in others, over animated. For example, Hera moves way too much when talking and that is incredibly distracting (disappointed too, since she is voiced by Vanessa Marshall). Jarrus looked too stiff, as well. The characters moved too much in "battle" (if you could call it battles), their lip syncing was off pace and overall it looks like the quality decreased from The Clone Wars. Even if it is just enough to notice, it is a lot to me. It also dumbed itself down further to appease people under the age of ten—which wouldn't be a problem if it handled it better than this.

This rebellion group has a long way to go to build character behind itself with a cast that seems relatively bland in comparison to what we had in The Clone Wars. In terms of humor is really has to try harder too, as I do not see this show living long (though it probably will regardless because it is Disney—tyrant and all) without a strong cast of humorous characters. So far, it looks like Zeb is the only one in the show with the best character among them.

I guess I will just really miss the fluid animation TCW had in the last few seasons and the great cast. With that said, I'm real glad Disney decided to keep The Clone Wars as back story for this new show (Hera is related to Cham Syndulla and we got to see Obi-Wan (whom I LOVED the design of)) as it will help the show overall.

People can take this as an overly critical review, I don't care. It is not like I am saying the show is terrible...just being realistic. It has a long way to go.

/end

Does anyone else notice that there always has to be a Twi'lek in Star Wars? :lol:

I agree with a lot of what you said but you gotta remember TCW also had many of the same problems and the animations/ character development improved over the course of time.

I agree with a lot of what you said but you gotta remember TCW also had many of the same problems and the animations/ character development improved over the course of time.

You are certainly right about the animation. The first few seasons were pretty stiff too, but I had mentioned that. :)

And we only had to wait for development of very few characters we saw constantly though, like Ahsoka, and even then the starting episodes we had of her (for example) had set down good foundation for character building initially.

I have no doubts SWR will get there though, with time and patient and of course hard with, with the talent behind the show. Filoni and Weisman are great at their jobs. B)

I admit one of my gripes was how fast it started but I figure they will be filling in back story as the season progresses.

I sure hope so. Young Justice started pretty fast, probably just as fast as this show, but it turned out to be a top quality show all around.

I bet this show gets canceled right when it starts getting real incredible. That seems to happen a lot of shows Weisman is attached to. :lol:

I hope not. With the following of TCW relaying over to the rebels, coupled with the talent and the upcoming movies, I doubt it will canceled, but then again that's my optimist talking.

I'm probably just being a debby downer. This might be the one show Weisman does that doesn't get canceled.

There were 4 short mini-webisodes before the 1st episode. Scroll down to the bottom of this page.

I did not know that. Hopefully they aren't the typical mini-episode...meaning, they actually add substance. I'll watch now. Thanks. :)