WAVE 5 - Confirmed Concept Ships + New Ideas [POLL]

VoA

WAVE 5 - Confirmed Concept Ships + New Ideas [POLL]= See OP for Details  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for 5th Starter Ship to join the Aurora, Mustang, Reliant and Dragonfly:

• Aegis Terrapin
    • Anvil Hurricane
    • None of the Above - I have another suggested Starter Ship Posted in this thread.
    • None of the Above - I think we have enough Starter Ships (let's have a larger ship)
  2. 2. If CIG adds another TNGS - which one would you prefer?

• Shadowmantis (TNGS)
    • Phoenix (TNGS)
    • Rhino (TNGS)
    • Scimitar (TNGS)
    • AX-14 Silverback (TNGS)
    • Brutus (TNGS)
    • A114X Boomslang (TNGS)
  3. 3. Vote on your preference for the Community Created Ship examples below:

• Northstar - Blackjack
    • Anvil Hygeia
    • Markon Wings - Hopper
    • The Osiris
    • Other Ships (one of the ships in Video - see link in OP)
    • None of the Above - Post your Own Ship on this thread below (see OP)

• 3 weeks later...

Well seeing as it is a Heavy fighter, then you can guess 225-250 minimum. However, I can guess even higher really and this is a civilian ship load out.

I might upgrade the two gladii(?) I currently own, but I'll wait and see first. Presuming the Hurricane will fit on board the Idris  

Just now, AstroJak said:

I would say it will cost $1milion....and your first born!!! Cig has bills to pay and also need some free labor.

AstroJak

Nah, free labor is easy for them to get, basically they have hired guards the beat people away using sticks shaped it's either dildo or freelancer? Finding ones with skills is another story.

Didn't they originally want to make the Hurricane another starter, but it lost out to the Reliant? Wouldn't the price be closer to the 300i due to it being a combat starter? Or did they change it's role & function when I wasn't looking?

21 minutes ago, Caldon said:

Didn't they originally want to make the Hurricane another starter, but it lost out to the Reliant? Wouldn't the price be closer to the 300i due to it being a combat starter? Or did they change it's role & function when I wasn't looking?

CIG has always been fluid with their pricing. The Buccaneer was also a part of that whole deal, and it was over $100.

10 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

it is (presumable) classed as a Heavy fighter. The hornet is a medium fighter. Both are in civilian gear. Also they said they had abandoned the starter ships idea and Ben stated months ago the are using teirs.

That woulds make sense for their pricing and for the fact that they already basically had tiers for every profession. I would love for this to be a dated fighter like the avenger. Make it lumbering and tanky with a medium amount of firepower (2 size 2, 2 size3?). This would be the "tank" of dogfights and a really necessary addition. The only problem right now is that most people find that sabres and hornets are tanky, so they will have to be nerved (get ready for the shitstorm). 

26 minutes ago, faquarl25 said:

That woulds make sense for their pricing and for the fact that they already basically had tiers for every profession. I would love for this to be a dated fighter like the avenger. Make it lumbering and tanky with a medium amount of firepower (2 size 2, 2 size3?). This would be the "tank" of dogfights and a really necessary addition. The only problem right now is that most people find that sabres and hornets are tanky, so they will have to be nerved (get ready for the shitstorm). 

To be fair, Sabres and Hornets are incredibly tanky. Especially the FC7-M can take enormous amounts of damage, to the point of being just an engine with a cockpit, before being destroyed.

6 hours ago, faquarl25 said:

The original concept for the Hurricane was that it was a low-tier dedicated starfighter -- not a Starter ship, but in the same tier as a 300i, Avenger, or Reliant -- that was equipped with 6 x S1 weapon hardpoints, supposedly inspired by WWII fighter planes, like the venerable P-51 Mustang, which was armed with 6 x .50 cal machine guns. The general idea was that the Hurricane would be an inexpensive close-range brawler-type dogfighter, which could conceivably defeat a Hornet with its superior maneuverability and getting close-up and blasting it with its six-guns. The Hurricane will supposedly be a different style of dogfighter than the existing starfighters: Hornet, SH, Sabre, Gladius, etc.

However, there are rumours that the Hurricane's design has changed from a hard-hitting agility fighter into a brutish Heavy Fighter -- supposedly the predecessor to the new F8 Lightning heavy fighter. The Hurricane is supposedly an older design, perhaps 100 years old, which embodies the philosophy of "simple but (brutally) effective". If that's the case then it will be even more "tanky" than the Super Hornet. I also think it's going to be more expensive than when it was originally pitched as one of the choices for the 3rd Starter Ship (which the Reliant won). If the Hurricane is a heavy fighter, I'm certain it will be as expensive as a Super Hornet, or more expensive. After the epic Vanguard price controversy, there's no evidence that CIG has radically rethought their price points, especially for combat ships, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Hurricane Heavy Fighter was somewhere between $175 and $250.

I don't think I'll buy the Hurricane, because it doesn't sound like my kind of starfighter. I don't like high numbers of small size weapons. I prefer fewer, large size weapons. Perhaps if the Hurricane's loadout has changed to equipping 6 x S2 or S3 weapons, I might consider it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm betting Aegis Eclipse is next. The latest Showdown had two black programs Project Eclipse and Operation Deadbolt being released soon. I assume project eclipse is the Aegis Eclipse. I hope it is connie sized and designed for extreme stealth and infiltration, like the prowler. 

What do you all think project deadbolt will be?

Anyone want to start floating area51 UFO pic while where at it!!!

Nothing in this pic to get excited about or to indicate which ship will be released next however cig was pretty explicate with their hints that the 600 was next. ill be putting my money on that...

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk