Drake Herald

NuclearWoo

This doesn't look like an spaceplane, so I like it. :) I'm not fond of asymmetry but it makes sense on this ship because of its function.

I wasn't planning on picking it up, but now I just might, depending on how it looks at sale.

Might be worthwhile to backdoor some LTI through CCU, but I have my doubts that there will be a real need for information running in the PU, especially at launch. Things like this are typically just implemented in skeletal form and then beefed up later. Pass, because I recently got my LTI Aurora restored (for backdoor CCU LTI), and I plan to restrict myself to just one more ship.

That said, maybe tomorrow I will change my tune.

It's an ugly ship and I love it. I don't want all ships looking like jet skis. If I were willing and able to buy 10+ ships pre game, this would be one.

Having said that, I get the allure of beautiful ships. I just think that while you're flying them, you can't see them so why worry about the looks?

I agree that it's a bit fugly, but remember that we are also seeing it with all of its forward arrays open. We can't see it from the sleek wing side with all the compartments closed, and that could easily make this a totally different ship visually.

Well said. I think with the dorsal hood lowered and the rectenna deactivated and probably retracted, it will look like normal ship.

I personally like assymmetric designs -- as long as they're not too out there. The Javelin is a good example; mostly symmetrical but the bridge tower is off-centre, giving the ship a more unique and somehow more realistic look. Since the Herald is a spacecraft, it obviously doesn't matter that it only has one wing.

When the Herald goes on sale tomorrow or Saturday, I'm sure there will be several pics that will show the ship in all its glory. ;)

Pretty awesome.. :)

UEE Intercepted Signal: The Drake Herald threat -- >>> I just purchased six Drake Hearlds (saving the extras for Cross Chassis upgrades to transfer LTI to other larger ships... but will have to wait for each ship to be Flyable in Arena Commander for the CCUs to be available ) :wub:

Some new images too:

dpKMslv.jpg

XHhVpm2.jpg

aflSFxi.jpg

zQVurW5.jpg

U9P7jYQ.jpg

v22vvwS.jpg

0KrFCrs.jpg

xFqUd9C.jpg

L4cJtam.jpg

7Vc80di.jpg

2lxfVPg.jpg

JK8xhQe.jpg

@VoA  love all the shots you posted. Well I had to do it, picked one up and will be on loan for Imperium. I might have a go at along with my Tracker with it's radar system to lock  on targets. If it holds up to it's expectations great, if not off to the smelters. I could see were a Division is planning a mission to a specific location, launch the 2 birds and scope the area out.

Bought one with the store credit that I had left from melting all my ships for the 890J, because I think it's a very interesting ship. I am not sure if I will keep it or melt it later down to line or use it for CC, have to know more about how information running and hacking data will work in te game. But I can see myself using this ship for information running and hacking other people's secrets and be kind of an in-game extension of our Intelligence divison. The Herald might also be great as a scout ship to send a ahead of a big fleet that wants to conquer a sector in space, especially in the beginning of the PU. So having enough of these ships available in our organisation may be an important factor in how succesful we will be...

I LOVE this ship, even more with the teaser they put in the intro implying that its information warfare capabilities are going to be stellar (pun intended.)

Now... I'm $40 away from High Admiral status. If I had the extra cash on hand I would buy a second for a potential cross chassis upgrade but, alas, it is not in the cards at this time.

I think the idea of this ship is great.

That is one fugly ship though. I like A-symetrical designs, but dang.. this is a cockpit and a computer strapped to two large rocket engines.

Really interrested to see how the information running mechanics will work.

Really love this image:

v22vvwS.jpg

Implying that if you're worried about enemy hackers intercepting your transmitted information you can literally just fire your data banks at a target and let them retrieve them. Chances of interception 0. Unless they can get a tractor beam to those beauties before your mate retrieves them. Then you're fucked.

But even then they can only tractor one at a time (seems a reasonable assumption) so if only a third of your data modules are full and you lose one in transit chances are those pirates got a dud. Nice work Pirates XD