Ridley Scott's - The Martian Movie

VoA

+++ NOTE - Production on Prometheus 2 this Fall  :toot:

Ridley Scott's - The Martian Movie

7 New The Martian Movie Stills and Plot Details Released!

7-new-the-martian-movie-stills-and-plot-

The Martian Movie News 2015-05-24 13:09:34

Following yesterday's first look at Ridley Scott's The Martian movie, seven more movie stills have been released via multiple entertainment news outlets! The first batch are from People Magazine, and give us a clear look at some of the film's cast, practical sets and costume designs!

11350590_642974829137449_809516953562286

Speaking to PeoplePrometheus and Alien director Ridley Scott revealed the film will focus on “Just geology, the last thing Mark’s thinking about is life on Mars. He’s thinking about how to save his life on Mars.” - So don't expect to see any Alien creatures terrorizing the crew on Mars! Leave that to Prometheus 2, which Scott will begin working on after The Martian, this fall!

11329821_642974825804116_151521930033830

11329942_642974822470783_575148266385897

Images courtesy of People

Scott revealed a bit more about the film's plot for those who may not be familiar with the book by Andy Weir: “He [Mark Watney (played by Matt Damon)] finds he has a problem, and instead of him collapsing into terror—because he’s got 28 days to live – and that’s if everything goes well for him – he knuckles down and actually starts to work it out,”

Both Matt Damon and Jessica Chastain are starring in their second space film together, both played roles in last year's Interstellar by Christopher Nolan. Speaking about The Martian, this is what Chastain had to say:

“Through Interstellar and watching the fun that Annie [Hathaway] and Matt had playing astronauts, I thought, ‘I really want to do that,’” Chastain said. “It was about two weeks later, Ridley called me and asked me if I would play an astronaut in his next film – I jumped at the chance, of course. It has been great to do the research and learn as much as I can about space.”

Here we have 4 more The Martian movie stills, offering different shots as well as a first look at some of the space vehicles which will feature in the film, courtesy of Entertainment Weekly:

the-martian-01.jpg

the-martian-02.jpg

the-martian-03.jpg

the-martian-04.jpg

Posted by Chris Picard on 2015-05-24 13:09:34

Read more: http://www.scified.com/site/themartian/7-new-the-martian-movie-stills-and-plot-details-released#ixzz3bLAY54ki

fascinating book, picked it up at an airport while heading North, a wee bit complex to non-geeks but to us nerdy spacers it's amazing. recommend it to anyone whom enjoys space stories with a realistic spin. Can't wait to see what they make of the movie! 

Matt Damon didn't die in a depressurized explosion in Interstellar,  his ego is so large and therefor has such immense gravity that it sucked mars through the wormhole resulting in him being cast in Martian with the majority of the movie featuring scenes of him alone ( due to string theory of course ). 

Hence this movie will be yet another attempt by Hollywood to grasp as concepts that not only do they not understand, but furthermore haven't been able to get right since 1968.

The days of brilliance of authors like Aurthur C. Clark and directors like Kubrick coming together and making a masterpiece are long since ancient history,

• 4 months later...

Just saw this and it was much better than I expected :)

I highly recommend it (don't like it as much as Ex  Machina but still good movie for 2015).  I think it will inspire CIG and hopefully others that are supporting Star Citizen :)

get your biodomes and make things easier, eh.

Loved the book, loved the film. Is the film as good as the book? No, it's not 8 hours long. Is it a good interpretation? Absolutely. But be prepared to lament some of the stuff that didn't make it to the screen

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk