Mustang (+ Variants)

VoA

• 2 weeks later...

This ship should not be a starter ship! It is superb in every aspect. It actually makes the Aurora look like a piece of junk and I can see Aurora sales flat-line after this baby comes out. And if the racing version comes out I am melting my M50 for it. 

Melting an M50 to get a Mustang :o .... sacrilege.... :P

The M50 will leave a Mustang in the dust..... :gr_driving3:

This ship should not be a starter ship! It is superb in every aspect. It actually makes the Aurora look like a piece of junk and I can see Aurora sales flat-line after this baby comes out. And if the racing version comes out I am melting my M50 for it. 

I feel the same way and it's kind of problematic. They either need to increase the cost of the Mustang (it can't be the same pricepoint as the Aurora) or give the Aurora another pass and give it some serious love and a distinct advantage. Make it a true mini hauler or a space winnibago. As it stands these ships will NOT be on par with one another. 

How do you know how good it's performance will be? Stats aren't finalised yet. It just looks better.

That's true to a point. The Aurora is supposed to be a bargain ship, so it should have stats that are on the floor. The Mustang is meant to be an entry fighter, so the only stat that it could have beneath the aurora and still function properly is armor and shielding. It would have to be more maneuverable, have more firepower and be faster. That would mean the Aurora would win in utility but we already know that this thing can haul a similar amount of freight. The trade off seems to be that if you want a sleeping quarter you can't haul freight. That's a really light trade off for a starter ship. 

As you point out though this is all conjecture, but it's not entirely conjecture out of thin air or broken stats. 

I think the mustang will have to be worse than the gladius but from the stats we have they are pretty much equal. Based off this, I expect that it either has weak shielding and armour, a slower speed than we are expecting our it will be nerfed in some other way. I will be using it as my starter just because it's much better looking.

I think the mustang will have to be worse than the gladius but from the stats we have they are pretty much equal. Based off this, I expect that it either has weak shielding and armour, a slower speed than we are expecting our it will be nerfed in some other way. I will be using it as my starter just because it's much better looking.

Gladius is also a cheap ship to maintain and repair (probably more so than the Mustang)

If i recall correctly the Aurora can have a store all bigbox (Aurora CL) wich allowes it to have double the cargo space and it can be configured as you like i doubt this can be done with the Mustang except changing the variant.

Mustang if i recall right can have a mini store all box and after that is limited but dont quote me on that cant find the passage to that anymore.

So

Aurora:

primary role - utillity and light mercantile

pros:

bed by default

interchangable components between the variants like in the comercial ?

definetly lighter than the mustang

cons:

- not very good at combat

Armor : Unknown

Fueltank: Unknown

Fuel usage: Unknown

Mustang

primary role - Fighter

pros:

can be adapted to your needs via variants or "cargo" boxes [like the sleeping one above on page 1 but you lose all fright potential e.g.]

has higher base specs in powerplant and can be equipped with better powerplant then an aurora

AI Turret (for me atleast this baby will rock looking in comparison to fixed mounts of the aurora)

Cons:

- heavyer as an Aurora

- cant fill all roles of the aurora at once (partial unknown but looks like it reviewing the data i have about it.)

- not too safe/durabel equipment

Armor : Unknown

Fueltank: Unknown

Fuel usage: Unknown

there is still alot we dont know about these both shiptypes so every thing is open but i would already say you can draw a line between the Aurora and the Mustang wich shows clearly what ship you want for what.