My voice attack seems to have shit the bed and cannot activate the M$ speech recognition even though I can use the speech recognition for other things without VA running. VA won't launch at all because it says:

"VoiceAttack - Windows Speech Recognition Engine Error

An error has occured while trying to initialize the speech recognition engine

VoiceAttack will now close"

any help will be appreciated. (and yes, "run  as administrator" is selected) The app ran last month. But not after downloading the new beta.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Gremlich
      I get these notifications in the email - lots of great deals to be found for RAM, SSDs, etc
      Newegg and Microcenter, sometimes PNY, mostly Newegg, though, 
      really! get moar stuff, NO REALLY!!
      buy buy buy!! good deals on SSDs, DDR4 RAM, next gen Intel CPUs
      And if you want help kitting out a computer, use pcpartpicker
      If you want help building a computer, there are loads of videos on newegg and youtube (for instance 
      just go to Youtube and search for "build a gaming computer" and you'll get lots of options to view.)
    • By Gremlich
      AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3DMark Benchmarks Leaked, 18% Faster vs 1700X & 11% Faster vs 1800X
      "It effectively replaces both the Ryzen 7 1700X and 1800X by delivering higher performance than the 1800X at a price cheaper than the 1700X."

related article: AMD Ryzen 2700/X & 2600/X Listed Online, Specs & Prices Confirmed – Launching April 19
    • By Boildown
      Report from the [H] here: https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018/03/08/geforce_partner_program_impacts_consumer_choice
      Over the years, AMD fanbois have accused me of ignoring Nvidia's supposed anti-competitive practices.  The thing is, when I looked into them, they were referencing AMD-slanted web sites with not-even conspiracy-theory rated "evidence".  There was no truth to it, they were either citing perfectly legal practices as illegal or citing what is now known as "fake news"... stuff someone made up.
      This time, Nvidia appears to be pulling an Intel or Microsoft.  An actual anti-competitive practice that the courts have proven won't end well (although to be fair, Microsoft and Intel are doing just fine today). I think an up-welling of moral outrage is justified. Its a shame that AMD doesn't have a viable GPU competitor to the GTX 1080, or better yet, its followup due at the end of the year (because that's the likely timeframe of my next upgrade).
    • By Basheron

Just saw this bad boy show up, its ambidextrous so would make for a great HOSAS item, too.

I don't have any peripherals beyond a keyboard/mouse yet, so with the scroll wheel and analog stick on the stick it could work as a 1 unit solution. Has anyone tried a joystick and mouse for gimball aiming in SC?