Redeemer vs Retaliator

IceShades

There are a few things I'm very interested in doing:

- Deploy troops.

- Bomb cap ships.

- Dogfight.

- Explore.

The Redeemer is a drop ship, very maneuverable for its size, and has some serious firepower. But I know I can't drop torpedoes with it, so I consider getting a gladiator as well. For exploration I assume the Redeemer's range is mid-long, and the Gladiator is short-mid.

The other option is to get a Retaliator, It has more firepower afaik, but it's not as maneuverable and i'm not sure if it can even deploy troops at all. it should be long range in terms of exploration, but not very long like a dedicated explorer.

Please ignore costs and cargo aspects.

Can't decide! I need your help!! (pssst @VoA :D

I think they are very different things. I don't think there is a ship that can do exploration, deploy troops and fire torps. Personally out of the 3 ships mentioned. I go with the Retaliator as its more versatile, have serious firepower and has the range.

The first option can kinda do it all.

A Cutlass Red + Retaliator sounds like a cheaper and better solution. (I'm assuming a Red could drop troops effectively while also be able to heal them to some degree/keep them alive until reaching a proper hospital)

Opinions?

Retaliator is the ONE ship I will never get rid of. Period. That having been said, all other ships are on the chopping block if I want. :P

Seriously, given the potential capabilities of it in multiple roles, I think it probably would fill a multi-role shoe with ability to help drop cap ships better than pretty much anything else.

It may lack a bit as a direct explorer if they can't fit specific hardware in it for that, but it is definitely a very capable ship.

Oh, and I didn't get the Redeemer.

After much thought involving my purchase of the BMM and the lack of information surrounding it, thought I'd count my blessings and just melt it and buy myself the Retaliator, just hoping I don't regret it! As I've been wanting a trading vessel like the BMM for the PU, but I just couldn't ignore the Retaliator! such a beautiful and smexy ship.

Just, really hope it doesn't make me regret melting the BMM, but then again I could just be stupid and spend another $250 on a ship that probably wont be in the hanger for another year. GOD DAMN IT CIG! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?! ITS LIKE ITS POKEMON IN SPACE! =3= ... I MUST HAVE THEM ALL!

Retaliator is the ONE ship I will never get rid of. Period. That having been said, all other ships are on the chopping block if I want. :P

Seriously, given the potential capabilities of it in multiple roles, I think it probably would fill a multi-role shoe with ability to help drop cap ships better than pretty much anything else.

It may lack a bit as a direct explorer if they can't fit specific hardware in it for that, but it is definitely a very capable ship.

Oh, and I didn't get the Redeemer.

Only the connie can match the retaliator for its versatility. Retaliator is definitely one of the top ships to have imo

After much thought involving my purchase of the BMM and the lack of information surrounding it, thought I'd count my blessings and just melt it and buy myself the Retaliator, just hoping I don't regret it! As I've been wanting a trading vessel like the BMM for the PU, but I just couldn't ignore the Retaliator! such a beautiful and smexy ship.

Just, really hope it doesn't make me regret melting the BMM, but then again I could just be stupid and spend another $250 on a ship that probably wont be in the hanger for another year. GOD DAMN IT CIG! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?! ITS LIKE ITS POKEMON IN SPACE! =3= ... I MUST HAVE THEM ALL!

I think the BMM is also an awesome ship and its probably a better ship to start off with. Retaliator will be a money sink while the BMM can generate income. Connie will be in the middle :P (Just comparing ships around the same price points). If money was not an issue (lol), you should get all three :P

Only the connie can match the retaliator for its versatility. Retaliator is definitely one of the top ships to have imo

I think the BMM is also an awesome ship and its probably a better ship to start off with. Retaliator will be a money sink while the BMM can generate income. Connie will be in the middle :P (Just comparing ships around the same price points). If money was not an issue (lol), you should get all three :P

=3= ... damn you, I'm already indecisive as it is! DONT MAKE ME MELT THE TALI FOR A BMM NOW! ;-;

I will state again: Nothing in this game will make me melt my Tali. ;) Especially after they made their post about it today. :D

I now fully agree, I'm sure I can use this as a means to trade small goods, but it'll be nothing like hauling huge loads in a BMM, but hey! I can always just get the ship in-game!

I now fully agree, I'm sure I can use this as a means to trade small goods, but it'll be nothing like hauling huge loads in a BMM, but hey! I can always just get the ship in-game!

I don't disagree with anything anyone has said in here. But will it be quicker for the BMM to earn enough for a Tali or for the Tali to earn enough for the BMM? Both should be available in-game :P

Sorry to play devil's advocate! I am a T&I guy so my priorities are slightly different :D

I love the Tali most and I agree with Chimera that I would NEVER melt it.

First: Iconic Looks...this ship is beautiful.
Second: A lot of Pew Pew in several directions + Torpedoes. TORPEDOES!
Third: Modular...i.e. if I want a squishy Jacuzzi in my ship I can have one. Remember the luxury compartment that was shown? Who Needs an Phoenix?

Fourth: Long Range, probably heavy armor.

I like the Connie, but I love the Tali...;)

I agree, nothing -- nothing -- will take my Tali away from me.  It's the only ship I've ever really wanted.  I had a Redeemer prior to the anniversary sale, and I liked it, but I just feel the Tali has much more diversity in operations than the Redeemer.  I'm really not interested in owning another ship (though I do have a Mustang Omega racer just so I can enjoy that aspect of the game).  It's probably a silly thing to say since we don't even have the ship in the hanger yet, but the Tali just seems to me to have more ...  personality ... than any other ship in the 'verse.

Regards,

Gryff