Marine Weapons. . .

RoboBarbarian

like that idea of slaves :D

You guys are cruel. Personally, I'd like to see this be tactical and muted, somewhat like Counterstrike Source felt like in the old days. Weapons that won't penetrate the hull like pistols and stunners. Perhaps some melee weapons too, because it'd be wicked to cut a guy down with a sword and take his bridge.

You guys are cruel. Personally, I'd like to see this be tactical and muted, somewhat like Counterstrike Source felt like in the old days. Weapons that won't penetrate the hull like pistols and stunners. Perhaps some melee weapons too, because it'd be wicked to cut a guy down with a sword and take his bridge.

yes, my hopes are going to a realistic future. no overdrawn comic stuff. some projectile weapons are ok but no mega lasers an so on ^^. it have to be compatible to the present material

MAgnetic boots, so I can have my marines walk on the outside of the hull and shoot the pilot through the cockpit canopy

I've been watching hard for this kind of thing, but apparently spacewalks are probably a no-go for launch.... someday mayhaps...

Imagine the stealth implications. We can hide a transport ship behind an asteroid, calculate an intercept course, and launch a couple of guys off to hit the enemy. You impact on the hull and all they hear are a few odd THUMPS as your mag boots hit the deck. Then you infiltrate and stealthily kill the crew before they even get a distress call out. Too cool.

• 1 month later...

The Emperor did mention heavy weapons, which denote team use IRL (Tri-pod/Bi-pod+Weapon system) I'm sure in game this will be plasma launchers or portable chain guns. Either way it means a single guy on a flight deck could pose a threat to any incoming assault squads.

Marine Weapons I would like to see for boarding ships: Shotgun, Assault Rifle, Grenade Launcher, Body Armor - Full Body with sealable Helmets for Vaccum Fighting (i.e. Projectile Based, Energy Based, Particle Based), Squad Automatic Weapon, Heavy Machine Gun (CP Guard), K-Bar Knife (always bring a knife, it never runs out of bullets or energy), bayonet, Frag Grenades, Gas Grenades, Smoke Grenades, Flash Bang (Live Captures), EMP grenades, knuckle dusters (brass knuckles) and good old combat boots for wall to wall counseling.

I'm personally torn between the KISS principle and going really deep with waepons, armors, etc. I'm not really interested in the boarding becoming CoD MW in space, so the amount of weapons Timbrewolf is mentioning might be a bit too much, on the other hand it might get boring quick if you only have a pistol and basic armor, which is the same the other guy has......i hope it'll be a mix between the two