Complete WTB "Hurricane to Scorpius" CCU

Danakar Endeel

Hey there everybody :)

I'm looking for a "Hurricane to Scorpius (Warbond)" CCU

As such I was wondering if there's anyone out there who still has one of those $10 Warbond CCUs in their regular account that they're not using and would be willing to sell me one. I'd be more than happy to pay you a bit extra for the trouble or perhaps gift you some paints or weapons or something if you'd rather have Store Credit. Just let me know what you prefer. Naturally if you prefer cash I'm also more than happy to pay an invoice through PayPal. ;)

Please send me a PM if you still have one of those "Hurricane to Scorpius" CCUs in your account and are willing to sell or trade. Thanks a lot for your time!! :D

Hurricane-to-Scorpius.thumb.jpg.caf45339f9f16b60e96b2440ab84b67c.jpg

Edited by Danakar Endeel
No longer needed as I managed to get one over on Star Citizen Trades

10 hours ago, Chimaera said:

For reference, these are the IAE ones from last years' IAE.

Thanks! Yeah, maybe I should have mentioned that. But yeah, if anyone has an extra "Hurricane-to-Scorpius" CCU from that IAE lying around I would be very grateful if I could buy/trade it with you. :)

At least I have more faith over here than I have with those grey market guys who charge $50-$75 for this CCU. I even found one that offfered one for $30 and I initially contacted him and sent the money when receiving a notification from the seller when he suddenly refunded the money 10 minutes later and never bothered to give me any reason and simply stoped responding. Very unprofessional and rude imo; especially since that CCU is still on his sales page for that price. 😒

So yeah, I'm hoping that someone here will exhibit better manners and actually honor an agreement. ;)

lol who are you dealing with over there?  Make sure they have the trader flair and some trades.

As for this CCU it is going to be rare that someone is holding onto it and even rarer that they will sell it anywhere near that cost.  I have 2 wb to the 220 price from corsair, but I can't even part with them they part of 2 chains to bigger ships, already promised to people.  Now that CIG has made WB ccus adjust on buyback, the odds that people will just hold WB CCUs is slim.  I bought mine with chains in mind.

I do have a taurus to Scorpius and a prospector to scorpius at the 240 price, They are on buyback, I probably got them at the 220 price before....but they adjusted, and I doubt that would even work for you.

I'll ask a few people if they have something close to what you are looking for, $220 would most likely.

3 hours ago, Irres said:

lol who are you dealing with over there?  Make sure they have the trader flair and some trades.

As for this CCU it is going to be rare that someone is holding onto it and even rarer that they will sell it anywhere near that cost.  I have 2 wb to the 220 price from corsair, but I can't even part with them they part of 2 chains to bigger ships, already promised to people.  Now that CIG has made WB ccus adjust on buyback, the odds that people will just hold WB CCUs is slim.  I bought mine with chains in mind.

I do have a taurus to Scorpius and a prospector to scorpius at the 240 price, They are on buyback, I probably got them at the 220 price before....but they adjusted, and I doubt that would even work for you.

I'll ask a few people if they have something close to what you are looking for, $220 would most likely.

Hey there Irres :)

Thanks for your response. Yeah, it felt pretty disappointing to get 'snubbed' like that as his page did appear to have a nice selection and apparently did have a lot of positive trades. His tag showed Trader, Trades: 2763

Fortunately I finally received a message from this seller who stated that he had returned from a 900km trip and was very tired afterwards while it was his team who refunded the money due to price differences that they had not updated on the website. Well, that didn't really feel as if that was my problem because if a store has a specific price listed, I as a customer should get it at that price right? :P  

However, he offered his apologies and made a new offer to send me 2 CCUs (Hurricane-to-Corsair and Corsair-to-Scorpius) for the same price of €30. He may have chosen to respond due to me posting a -1 message in his thread so I offered to remove that message once I have received his new invoice and have the 2 CCUs in my possession. ;)

Fingers crossed that it works out this time.  

Well, everything went smoothly this time around and the seller sent me two CCUs so that I can go from a Hurricane to a Corsair and from there to a Scorpius; so that's very nice how they were able to rectify the situation. As such this WTB post is no longer needed. :)

53 minutes ago, Danakar Endeel said:

Well, that didn't really feel as if that was my problem because if a store has a specific price listed, I as a customer should get it at that price right?

I completely agree, in fact I have mistakenly listed the wrong price or calculated the melt incorrectly and I still honor the price listed, as it is my mistake not the customers'.

I've done that with a BMM and told the buyer I made a mistake, but it does not work against him, as I would still give him the cheaper price.

Not everyone will do that though.  I recently tried to buy a glaive ccu already marked up at 15 for a 10 ccu on his store page, and the guy tells me he has hundreds of them, but the price is now $18.

I decided I can wait till Nov to get it on my own.

12 hours ago, Irres said:

I completely agree, in fact I have mistakenly listed the wrong price or calculated the melt incorrectly and I still honor the price listed, as it is my mistake not the customers'.

I've done that with a BMM and told the buyer I made a mistake, but it does not work against him, as I would still give him the cheaper price.

Not everyone will do that though.  I recently tried to buy a glaive ccu already marked up at 15 for a 10 ccu on his store page, and the guy tells me he has hundreds of them, but the price is now $18.

I decided I can wait till Nov to get it on my own.

Yeah, I really hate those sellers who don't even bother keeping their site up to date and then simply upcharge the potential buyer for a few more bucks. That's just lame and would cause me to tag them with a blacklist mark. Either sell it at the asking price or don't be a trader on the grey market if you can't even honor your deals. ;)

Thankfully this guy honored the original agreement (after his team-mate wouldn't) and likely sold me the CCUs pretty much at cost as the melt value of both CCUs combined was $25 whereas I only paid €30 (which included PayPal fees). At least I now have the ability to convert a Hurricane to a Scorpius so that I will have both. I was thinking about putting a Scorpius in my Polaris as I like to have ships fitting the same theme. It's also why I hope that CIG will one day make an Anvil Rover so that I can swap out that Ursa in my Carrack. :P

Reason I actually became interested in the Scorpius again was because CIG changed the Chairman's Club paint and removed those hideous white RSI logos. So now that paint actually looks more like the original concept image again without ugly RSI logos detracting from the scorpion decal. :)

Scorpius_Stinger_-_x2_Flying_fast_blurred.thumb.jpg.482c91073483c660b266e842395a043c.jpg

Wish they would also do the same with the Mercury Nightrunner and Carrack Expedition paints instead of giving us these minimal effort basic hexcodes but I doubt that will ever happen. 😒