FPS Mission vs AI at Kareah (Spoiler-ish) -- 3.3.0s PTU

Pagan-Tempest

If you haven't seen it yet, (I believe) this is the first FPS mission that has been put into the game. I recorded it as CIG wanted feedback on the mission, the AI, and Kareah, but I thought I'd share it here in case you haven't seen it yet. AI behavior leaves a lot to be desired, but it's a step in the right direction.

Nice video.

I actually accepted my first mission for it yesterday, and it required 14 people to eliminate for some reason. As its PTU of course, when I got there there wasn't a single soul to be found. Not even a dead body. Ah well :P

On 10/24/2018 at 8:00 PM, GDrew said:

Nice video.

I actually accepted my first mission for it yesterday, and it required 14 people to eliminate for some reason. As its PTU of course, when I got there there wasn't a single soul to be found. Not even a dead body. Ah well :P

Breaking news: 14 NPCs have broken free of their programming, stolen a player's ship and are now roaming free in the PTU. Be On the Look Out, people!

Originally, I found it amusing that you could get a mission to kill AI only to find none to be found. Now I'm wondering how common this is. I'm unable to test it for myself (away from SC comp atm) and the times I have encountered AI at SPK were not mission related. What happens when 2 people accept the mission at the same time? Do 2 groups of AI spawn to wipe each other out without player involvement? Do they gang up on the first player to arrive? What happens when groups want to do the mission together - does it scale up?

So many questions about the combat AI mission system, and given the 9:1 population ratio it's a fair bet that most combat missions will be with AI. I just hope future missions will be engaging enough to be worthwhile.