3.0 CTD. Lost ship & half my auec

Victor Vector

Well I have a ship stuck at Yela somewhere and so I thought I'd use my loaner Hornet to check out Levski. Got to Levski, got assigned a landing pad (the most awkward one) then messed up the landing because of lag, ran out of time, the pad closed then re-opened, I landed touched down, bounced all over because auto land didn't work even though I assigned a key to it. Could not extricate myself so quit.

Now I have the loaner hornet stuck at Levski, my Freelancer somewhere at Yela (I'm assuming Grim Hex or God only knows where) and I respawned at Olisar. Great LMAO

I wonder if the buggy (all I have left) will appear on a landing pad? Think I'll try driving it off the pad and into the black and see what happens. Should be fun.

5 minutes ago, Victor Vector said:

Well I have a ship stuck at Yela somewhere and so I thought I'd use my loaner Hornet to check out Levski. Got to Levski, got assigned a landing pad (the most awkward one) then messed up the landing because of lag, ran out of time, the pad closed then re-opened, I landed touched down, bounced all over because auto land didn't work even though I assigned a key to it. Could not extricate myself so quit.

Now I have the loaner hornet stuck at Levski, my Freelancer somewhere at Yela (I'm assuming Grim Hex or God only knows where) and I respawned at Olisar. Great LMAO

I wonder if the buggy (all I have left) will appear on a landing pad? Think I'll try driving it off the pad and into the black and see what happens. Should be fun.

I got an idea

Ask a freelancer or something to take you on, fly you to Yela, and drop out of the ship with your buggy. Who knows, maybe falling damage isn't done correctly on the buggies yet. Lord knows I've bounced off planets a lot in my ships...

I just tried for a lift to Levski to no avail and then checked my ship status and lo and behold they both seem to have found their way back to Olisar on their own.

It seems you only have to wait a couple of days and everything gets re-set, apart from my alpha UEC of course. Hehe.

1 hour ago, Victor Vector said:

I just tried for a lift to Levski to no avail and then checked my ship status and lo and behold they both seem to have found their way back to Olisar on their own.

It seems you only have to wait a couple of days and everything gets re-set, apart from my alpha UEC of course. Hehe.

Not sure if you are already aware but you can reclaim lost ships for free from any terminal. As long as you don't take the option to pay the fee to reduce the wait time (anything from 15 mins for a dragonfly to 6 hours for a Starfarer) it shouldn't cost any credits. Even if your ship status is at Levski you can just put in an insurance claim at Port Olisar and it will be retrievable a little while later. 

19 minutes ago, LowZone said:

Not sure if you are already aware but you can reclaim lost ships for free from any terminal. As long as you don't take the option to pay the fee to reduce the wait time (anything from 15 mins for a dragonfly to 6 hours for a Starfarer) it shouldn't cost any credits. Even if your ship status is at Levski you can just put in an insurance claim at Port Olisar and it will be retrievable a little while later. 

Ah thanks. That must have been what happened the first time. I wasn't sure it had worked as I didn't get the countdown timer. Still all's well.

This time, I got to Levski as intended, had a look around and its impressive. I went to the ship retrieval console and my ship was ready at hangar 3. I entered the lift for hangar 3 and when the doors opened I entered and promptly fell through the floor to the bottom of the lift shaft or into the black void at the bottom. Anyway, no way out except to quit. So that's what happened this time. It seems falling through the floor at Levski, various areas, is a pretty common event at the moment. It'll get fixed though, same as the frame rates.

2 hours ago, LowZone said:

It costs money?? They never charge me a dime for it lol

Yeah I noticed the "expedite claim" option which is supposed to cost money, but as it costs, or at least is supposed to, I haven't tried it.

However, on trying to clam my hornet back I was presented with a "null" message. Probably made too many claims now, lol.

38 minutes ago, Victor Vector said:

Yeah I noticed the "expedite claim" option which is supposed to cost money, but as it costs, or at least is supposed to, I haven't tried it.

However, on trying to clam my hornet back I was presented with a "null" message. Probably made too many claims now, lol.

Yep. The "null" message that you get when making a claim is just a bug. Close down the terminal (by backing away) and reopen it. The correct amount of time until retrieval should then be displayed. 

The good thing about the retrieval timer is that it continues offline. I spend the last few minutes of every play session making claims on any ships that I have scattered around the 'verse so that they will be ready to go when I start a new session.

On 1/1/2018 at 7:24 PM, Victor Vector said:

I can only assume from that tone that you are trying to antagonise me.

Not in the slightest. Just saying claiming being older is no excuse, in fact, being older should GIVE you patience, not take it away (20 years military did that for me). And you are VERY welcome in Imperium, no matter what you think - come to the Star Hawks, you'll see. I just want people to have the necessary perspective vis-a-vis this game as a WIP ALpha and its potential, which I can tell you do appreciate (semantics ARE important) and if my reinforcement comes off with you thinking "Man, that guy's a dick", well, yes, I can be, but usually am not. After all He who shall not be named isn't causing anybody trouble these days so I have no reason to be.

Ah right rgr re: the null message being a bug. I wonder if you could help with another aspect I'm not sure of.

I've tried another couple of missions and found out what outposts etc are on what planet. I can also QT to the planet fine, but then the outpost I have to pick up from or deliver to is generally so far away i.e. on the other side of the planet that I run out of time before I get there even at my highest boost speed. 2 x failed contracts like that. Is there any way to QT nearer? Thanks 

It's well known than any attitude other than "SC is awesome" will get you attacked on the internet - your post merely confirmed it happens everywhere. Unsurprising. Anyway, I'm largely in the same boat, having gradually lost almost all my aUEC  in what must have been experiencing every single bug present in 3.0 one after another - I've only just managed to return to the initial 5000 aUEC. Regarding the specific issues: don't be afraid the expedite all your claims - I've been initially weary to do that too (for the same reason) until I learned it doesn't actually cost anything right now. If you have any ships listed as "stored" anywhere other than Olisar, those are apparently "lost" with no way to get to them other than claiming them back - yes, that means you lose any cargo still listed on them. I tried returning repeatedly to ships "stored" on Daymar, there was no way to retrieve them and they were not on the pad either. I'd say just eat the loss and claim them back. Oh, and if any of your ships spawn with obvious missing parts like doors, seat, etc. - claim them too. Merely re-spawning or re-logging won't fix that. My easiest route to regain my money was Yela - Olisar runs, buying Titanium or Tungsten on Benson, selling it at roughly 100% profit on Olisar. I like Olisar because of the easy landings - you arrive up close, request a pad, approach and just use auto-land; few things to go wrong. As for the moons, stay out of Daymar - the atmosphere is thick, you crash easily; I avoid Levski for a similar reason - too easy to screw up the landing and crash with the current abysmal FPS. Yela or Cellin is much nicer, all you have to do is try landing on the daytime side - get out of AFB before you get to 40Km or so, use landing mode when about to land, and don't bother trying to request clearance, many outposts don't even have any ATC. An important detail: If you're more than 300Km or so from an outpost when you arrive, it's on the other side of the bloody moon, you'll crash into terrain long before you reach it - that might not be obvious, especially on the dark side. Go around if you have to instead, using short jumps to the orbital markers around the moons. Note: you only see those if you select the moon as your current destination. Anyway, I'd advise a dry run to test your skill before you commit any actual money, and never spend more than a third of what you have: there will be some losses. Good luck!

1 hour ago, Porcupine said:

"SC is awesome"

it is awesome-ish, but it's got problems more related to CIG management - it's their fault that there's more misunderstanding than there should be. Holiday live stream/Vertical slice as an example.

1 hour ago, Porcupine said:

the atmosphere is thick, you crash easily

what ship you using?

15 hours ago, Victor Vector said:

Ah right rgr re: the null message being a bug. I wonder if you could help with another aspect I'm not sure of.

I've tried another couple of missions and found out what outposts etc are on what planet. I can also QT to the planet fine, but then the outpost I have to pick up from or deliver to is generally so far away i.e. on the other side of the planet that I run out of time before I get there even at my highest boost speed. 2 x failed contracts like that. Is there any way to QT nearer? Thanks 

As Porcupine said, on arrival at your destination moon and finding your target outpost on the opposite side, you will need to use the Orbital Markers (QT way points labelled OM 1-6) to circumnavigate the moon. No need to use mobiGlas or Navscreen to target these way points - just point your ship at one and engage your quantum drive.

Remember, these Orbital Markers are situated at roughly equal distances apart around the moon, so a few may not be accessible due to the path from your ship clipping the planet/atmosphere. You may have to QT to more than one OM before you arrive at the one closest to your destination - don't worry, it doesn't use up much fuel doing this.

This method may not get you all the way to your final destination but it will shorten your travel time considerably.