Build help Possible Upgrade In Order

zachaol

I believe it is time for me to either build a new PC or buy one outright. I'm thinking about upgrading possibly in the next 3 months or would it be better to wait? I want to be able to run Planetside and FPS perfectly though, so I want to have a highly capable rig by then. If those who know more about hardware know of some new hardware coming out before the new modules then I'll wait, otherwise what are some suggestions for a PC that is highly capable of running SC? Can I do this with a $1,000 budget? I want to make sure it'll run the PU fine which is hard to tell from now, so maybe tuff it out til the middle of next year?

I guess I am just looking for a best suggested path for new hardware. Thanks!

There are several other RIG threads that address this issue.

I was going to mention this in one of your other threads --> it would not be  bad plan to wait awhile.

We are at least a year or longer before we really have something one could call a Game.

This time next year there will be machines and video cards that will knock the socks off of the current flair.

If nothing else - today's BOMB will be much cheaper as it is replaced with the new version. - DRUM out

you can get all the parts like the case, fans, PSU ect, which can go from build to build from right now until you want to build your new PC (look for them on sale, it will save you $$$) other things like the mobo, CPU and GFX cards you will want to wait until you start building it, as the tech may get better/less $$$ (try to get them on sale if you can)

There are several other RIG threads that address this issue.

I was going to mention this in one of your other threads --> it would not be  bad plan to wait awhile.

We are at least a year or longer before we really have something one could call a Game.

This time next year there will be machines and video cards that will knock the socks off of the current flair.

If nothing else - today's BOMB will be much cheaper as it is replaced with the new version. - DRUM out

So just tuff it out for the coming modules? I think Squadron 42 will be coming in the fall of next year, so I will want to build it by then. I guess I will wait for the FPS module to come out and see how well perform, if I can at least play and have fun on lower graphics I'll put off the upgrade til Fall.