Beef Jerky

Voices

How much do you folks in the states/canada have to pay for 2,5 oz / 75g of Jack Links Beef Jerky?

I feel that it is insanely pricey to buy those bags here in Germany.. one bag is about 5€/5,3$

To my fellow Germans:

Do any of you know good beef jerky that you can buy here, but cheaper per kilo as Jack Links, which is 65,90€ per kilo?

Yes I'm hungry.........

I used to buy the same here in Germany too at insane prices. Mainly for food when going hiking with tent and also music festivals. After a while I switched to more regional stuff again because I didn't feel comfortable being ripped off like that.

I don't have a cheap supplier but I would be interested in one too :) 

Depending on region/taxes, the average for an 8 oz. bag of Jack's Links is around $10.50 US. 2.5 oz bags are around $4.50 USD. Obviously they price it to get people to buy the bigger bags at a better value. :) Normally, when back in the US, I get the 16 oz/POUNDER bag from SAM'S Club or Coscto for around $16 USD. That's in Michigan, though, not sure about where Shootter is or why it'd be $20.

10 hours ago, Chimaera said:

Depending on region/taxes, the average for an 8 oz. bag of Jack's Links is around $10.50 US. 2.5 oz bags are around $4.50 USD. Obviously they price it to get people to buy the bigger bags at a better value. :) Normally, when back in the US, I get the 16 oz/POUNDER bag from SAM'S Club or Coscto for around $16 USD. That's in Michigan, though, not sure about where Shootter is or why it'd be $20.

$16 for a 16oz? Wow. Ive never seen a 16oz bag in the lower southern states for under $20

There is a shop in the midlands of Michigan (owned by a family) that makes all kinds of beef jerky; many , many flavors.  Theirs is so much cheaper than the brand names, like Jack Link's, Slim Jim, etc.  I go there when I drive across Michigan.  Their prices tend to be $3.99 for 16 oz bag!  Plus, I think their flavors are better too.

12 hours ago, Rocket Man said:

There is a shop in the midlands of Michigan (owned by a family) that makes all kinds of beef jerky; many , many flavors.  Theirs is so much cheaper than the brand names, like Jack Link's, Slim Jim, etc.  I go there when I drive across Michigan.  Their prices tend to be $3.99 for 16 oz bag!  Plus, I think their flavors are better too.

I take 100 bags thanks

If you're worried about cost, I'd suggest paying up front for a food dehydrator. Marinate your strips of beef for a couple days to a week then put in the dehydrator for a few hours. You can achieve the same results by using an oven but it will kill your electricity bill and takes quite a bit longer

On 1/19/2017 at 11:46 PM, Voices said:

How much do you folks in the states/canada have to pay for 2,5 oz / 75g of Jack Links Beef Jerky?

I feel that it is insanely pricey to buy those bags here in Germany.. one bag is about 5€/5,3$

To my fellow Germans:

Do any of you know good beef jerky that you can buy here, but cheaper per kilo as Jack Links, which is 65,90€ per kilo?

Yes I'm hungry.........

There's always landjaeger - tastes better than jerky.