Sneak Peak at Friday's Gamescom Reveals

Osclin

http://www.incgamers.com/2014/08/star-citizen-updates-and-gamescom-friday-reveals-detailed-by-chris-roberts

Basically .9 is coming quick, with 2 new AC modes, control customization, and the much drooled for/frustrated-scream-inducing(for some) inclusion of 6dof.

Performance updates?

Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates?

Performance updates?

Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates? Performance updates?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;) just for you 

for a newb, someone explain to me why it currently isnt 6DoF? I thought It was? How will this change with my HOTAS?

Of course you can move in every direction, but not at the same time. For example to be able to fly backwards you have to decouple, but while decoupled you can't roll around your axes.

So 6DoF means you can now move along and rotate around every axis at the same time.

for a newb, someone explain to me why it currently isnt 6DoF? I thought It was? How will this change with my HOTAS?

Another current restriction is having to decouple in order to vertically/horizontally strafe.  We'll have to see exactly how 6dof is implemented.  My understanding of E:D is that their system turns off computerized flight assist to achieve it, requiring the player to manually counteract any movement.  While pretty realistic I suppose, I rather hope we get something a little more...elegant.  Fly by wire exists for a reason, namely to keep me from going insane.