Tips/help for Arena Commander controls.

Aanarki

Been away for a month on vacation. Came back and was very excited about Arena Commander.

However, flying around I'm having some trouble with the movements (using mouse and keyboard). It's mainly with moving around. If I move the mouse the camera seems to move smoothly for short distances. However, after that small distance the camera seems to jump and it feels like there is a delay between my input and the movement in game. Trying to regain control just means the camera jumps in the opposite direction. It's made flying around inaccurate and frustrating.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to counteract this issue.

it may be your gfx card cant handle it first, set graphics to low and restart the game (the AC patch reset your graphics options)

I also found out of all the things i tried putting : "r_MotionBlur = 0" without quotations marks into the console(press the button above tab) gave me the biggest boost in responsiveness.

Give it a go and tell if it helped :)

Kenetor

I think part of it could be the normal game where the thrusters have to provide counterthrust to stop when more intense movements.

Also the Aurora has some issues with its thruster placement, do you have the probs with an Aurora?

Be sure you also read this explanation from Chris Roberts:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13951-Flight-Model-And-Input-Controls

Thanks for the input, especially the link.  Turned graphics down and set motion blur to 0 but didn't change anything.  However, this part of Robert's article describes what I'm experiencing:

"This means that to a certain extent you need to anticipate where you want to be and ease into that position. If you’re used to an atmospheric model when first flying in a model where momentum is much more important it is pretty easy to overshoot your desired heading. Then as the counter thrust isn’t instant you can overcorrect the other way. This is why the ship can feel “twitchy” when trying to line up a target."

I had suspected this was the case but was hoping perhaps there was a way around it.  I've played other flight sims so realised my issue could be that this game was a 'real' space sim and I wasn't used to it.  At least I'm in on the Alpha so have a lot of time to practice  :P

So I'm not sure what happened, but since the update game/ships been handling much better.  Been playing around with decoupled mode and also with trying to knock myself out with G-Safe off.  Really enjoying flight mode, and it's now a pleasure flying around learning how to maneuver.  Thanks for all the input!