Built my star-fighter dock for my PC:D

porky

Hey guys ,

Built this over the weekend....gonna store it now and wait for star citizen and then will get a X52 perhaps!

quik question : I already have a nice joystick , can I buy any throttle control and those feet control things and will they work with my Logitech Freedom 2.4? or do all the components need to be part of a single set?

here pics and a video of the video I found it on!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice, did you buy the plans from RogerDodger or did you simply see the vid and start building? I thought about buying them but then i thought i might simply try something similar on my own....they're not that expensive, but i already went overboard with the pledges for Star Citizen =P

lol! I've been thinking about doing this myself too, hadn't thought of searching for already realised models though :D I was thinking of attaching everything to the chair itself, but that PVC piping is pretty clever, would be easier to put away somewhere between sessions.

haha , no more toilets are working in my house anymore! I needed a few spare T-joints! (kidding:D)) I paid for the plans and followed the instructions...and then half way through I went on my own...lol

Well done! I was also looking at that exact same plan. I might end up going back for it later (wanna share the instructions? ;)), but I kinda like this setup a bit more: 2ZjY4.jpg Something that I can more easily tuck away is kinda the goal. It's pretty cool how this game is bringing all kinds of things out of people.

I really wish I had the DIY know how to make one of these for my place. Unfortunately I can hardly turn a screwdriver without screwing something up lol.

I did all kinds of fun things I had never done before when I added a laundry room and man cave to my house. While something like this may look like it could be challenging, I am 100% you could do this if you wanted. The plans probably cost more then the parts needed. That looks like less then $15 in parts depending on where you live.

All PVC I have worked with fits snug, so other then cutting it, the hard part would be assembling it and then gluing the joints if you wanted afterwards. If you could build a lego, you could build this. Measure and cut, insert into each other, done.