Nodeity

Hey guys, been waiting for SC to get up and running for years and I've spent a small fortune (for me anyway) on a couple of ships, but I just can't get my head around the HOTAS setup. I looked at Cliffor_aka_miku's  page, "9740-thrustmaster-warthog-setup-that-works-for-me/" but I can't view the youtube videos he's posted.  " This video is unavailable ".  Obviously the videos have been removed, so where can I get this sort of I've tried Solarfly's setup http://www.3dpipeline.net/

But Jesus that a big ask.  I've played Elite Dangerous without the need for all the messing about in SC setup.  Is there an easier way?  I have a decent rig with a 980ti GPU so running the game isn't an issue, it's setting up my Warthog HOTAS that's got me worried.  Thanks  :wacko: Oh, NB: Do I even need TARGET to play?

I’m in the same boat (spaceship?) as you are, buddy. As far as I’ve understood, you don’t need TARGET to set it up. I plugged in the warthog and it does work after I messed around within Star Citizen’s control setup a bit. I tried solarfly but I didn’t like his setup. My issue has been getting the switches on the throttle’s base to work.

im still trying to figure things out tho, I’ll probably just wait till 3.0, it will require a re-install of the game I reckon.

On 12/11/2017 at 4:34 PM, Fizzlefuse said:

I’m in the same boat (spaceship?) as you are, buddy. As far as I’ve understood, you don’t need TARGET to set it up. I plugged in the warthog and it does work after I messed around within Star Citizen’s control setup a bit. I tried solarfly but I didn’t like his setup. My issue has been getting the switches on the throttle’s base to work.

im still trying to figure things out tho, I’ll probably just wait till 3.0, it will require a re-install of the game I reckon.

Yeah, I'm hoping they can tweak it so people don't have to learn a new language to make it work.  Otherwise, I may have to sell my HOTAS and maybe even my ships!  :)

I'd suggest waiting for the HOTAS support, I think like VR it'll be added back in later. Remember, the game is still alpha and 3.0 isn't even out to the general public yet. But at the very least I wouldn't sell your ships.

On a side note when did you get your Warthog? I've heard that depending on the generation they are either amazing or hunks of plastic junk.

8 hours ago, Wrathpole said:

I'd suggest waiting for the HOTAS support, I think like VR it'll be added back in later. Remember, the game is still alpha and 3.0 isn't even out to the general public yet. But at the very least I wouldn't sell your ships.

On a side note when did you get your Warthog? I've heard that depending on the generation they are either amazing or hunks of plastic junk.

The Warthog is metal, I have it on a dedicated mount that I built. Can't say whether I really like it yet though, I'm still getting my head around the no twist stick. I was used to the X52 which I gave to my son.  As far as the game is concerned, I was a younger man with better reflexes when I jumped into the startup campaign, I had great hopes, but now I'm old and losing interest fast.  After all these years of dreaming and waiting... so much waiting, for the perfect space sim, I'm starting to wonder if the whole thing is the perfect scam.

2 hours ago, Wrathpole said:

Great things take time to craft. They'd be stupid to try to scam so many people, that ends up with people including CR in Prison.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the release, but damned if they don't seem to be pushing it out farther and farther.  Is there actually a solid date set yet? I mean it's not like I haven't ponied up! :wacko::P

If it were a scam, it would be the worst scam in history. They opened multiple offices in the US, the UK and Europe. They’re constantly hiring talented people and pushing tech to it’s limits...

it just takes a long time to create something as complex and enormous as Star Citizen. I do get where you’re coming from though. Not getting any meaningful patches for an entire year did not exactly do their reputation any good... and it justifies a lot of the impatience for 3.0.

3.0 is with the evocati testgroup right now, with any luck we should see a release to the PTU within the year. I doubt a release to the Persistent Universe will come this year but likely around January/February.