Entering the Net

Rosicrucian

Hello everyone, I am a senior NCO for the United States Army currently in Afghanistan. I am 38 years old, and have been playing video games for as long as I can remember. Pong, Atari, Intellivision, Apple IIGS, and then the PC... I still own the box and game of Wing Commander II, and have great memories of playing that game. Around that time I also played Shadow of Yserbius on the Sierra Network, and a number of Real Time Strategy games (Dune comes to mind). I have been playing all sorts of games since. The latest have been World of Warcraft, and Star Wars: The Old Republic, of which I ran small casual guilds for. I have already pledged for the $250/Rear Admiral package for this game, and am considering uppping it to the $500/Vice Admiral package. I feel that I should help carry the weight for someone that would like to pledge more, but cannot, and also feel that the idea behind this process (i.e. no publisher) is something that really needs to be supported. So it's not because I want the cool guy toys, but rather because I want this project to succeed, and I want it to be populated with all of you and everyone else out there that has a love for gaming. I have already set aside money for Oculus Rift and a new computer system that I will buy the same time this game launches. Until then, I am ready to support a guild or fleet or whatever that is serious about working together as a team, and promotes the success of the game in general. Although I don't think I will have the amount of time it takes nor the proper knowledge of internet social networks to become a successful recruiter (hell, I don't even want to be an Army recruiter), I will be a dedicated member of whatever develops here, should it prove to be capable. The Rosicrucian

Hello everyone,

I am a senior NCO for the United States Army currently in Afghanistan. I am 38 years old, and have been playing video games for as long as I can remember. Pong, Atari, Intellivision, Apple IIGS, and then the PC...

I still own the box and game of Wing Commander II, and have great memories of playing that game. Around that time I also played Shadow of Yserbius on the Sierra Network, and a number of Real Time Strategy games (Dune comes to mind). I have been playing all sorts of games since. The latest have been World of Warcraft, and Star Wars: The Old Republic, of which I ran small casual guilds for.

I have already pledged for the $250/Rear Admiral package for this game, and am considering uppping it to the $500/Vice Admiral package. I feel that I should help carry the weight for someone that would like to pledge more, but cannot, and also feel that the idea behind this process (i.e. no publisher) is something that really needs to be supported. So it's not because I want the cool guy toys, but rather because I want this project to succeed, and I want it to be populated with all of you and everyone else out there that has a love for gaming.

I have already set aside money for Oculus Rift and a new computer system that I will buy the same time this game launches. Until then, I am ready to support a guild or fleet or whatever that is serious about working together as a team, and promotes the success of the game in general.

Although I don't think I will have the amount of time it takes nor the proper knowledge of internet social networks to become a successful recruiter (hell, I don't even want to be an Army recruiter), I will be a dedicated member of whatever develops here, should it prove to be capable.

The Rosicrucian

Well we would love to have you in the fleet :)

Welcome Rosicrucian, it appears we are in the same boat. Hope your tour goes well and you can back whole. Served myself in Yugoslavia and Iraq for over 3 years. Already set aside my cash for oculus rift and the biggest alienware available. Will be soooooo great to relive the memories of old in a new immersive universe. Cu around!

• 8 months later...