gun pictures are always fun

dasbull89

@Chemicalgibbon +1 for the Tavor.  I've been on the wait list for awhile now awaiting delivery of mine.  Apparently they can't import them to the US fast enough.  Having shot the Steyr, the FN2000, and the Tavor, I have decided that the Tavor is the platform for me.  All three are exceptional weapons in their own right, although the FN is a bit unusual.  

Favorite thing about the Tavor: weight distribution/balance.  You can hold it in the "UP" position effortlessly, all day long.  Staying on target without the onset of muscle fatigue is amazing.

Post a pic when you get the Tavor mate. Due to our laws our choices of bullpups are very limited. The Aug is the most commmon, there are a few Bushmaster M17's knocking around, and a very very small number of L98's (L85A1 minus gas system). Aaaaaannndddd..thats it for bullpups. :(

Looks legit to me. Did you mean "gas" operated? CO2 only powers BB guns around these parts  :P

Yeah i noticed the sight on the top its a Trijicon, pretty sure they're not on bb guns but i could be wrong.  :)

I like the Tavor but over all, but my favorite bullpup has got to be the Ef88 (Used by the Australian defence force).

ef88-with-ml40aus.jpg?w=1949

Wow, that AUG looks awesome !

I only got the standard version (STG 77) with 1.5x sight and foldable vertical grip during my military service...

attachicon.gifSteyr-AUG.jpeg

But was a lot of fun to shoot, even without a grenade laucher :D

I used the flattop civ version with TA31 Acog mounted. NIce rifle, but didn't like that magazine catch!

Wow, that AUG looks awesome !

I only got the standard version (STG 77) with 1.5x sight and foldable vertical grip during my military service...

attachicon.gifSteyr-AUG.jpeg

But was a lot of fun to shoot, even without a grenade laucher :D

Yeah I believe the maker of the ef88 Is Thales and they have a license from Styer to reproduce the aug, we still have the older looking augs like the one you posted above. The ef88 is supposed to replace replace the older looking styer, I might be wrong though..  Our special forces use M4 carbines; Special Air Service Regiment and the Commandos.

Below Is an Australian Commando (Special forces)

paul-cale.jpg

It's a beautiful day here in England today, so I took my Ruger 10/22 out to a range an hour away from me this morning to try out a couple of new BX-25 Ruger magazines. I had some Butler Creek 25 rounders before but they were giving me no end of feed problems so have sold them off. The BX-25's so far are flawless. :) The weather was damn near perfect when I was shooting. I had my Eotech 512 on the Ruger so my shooting at 100m wasn't that precise, 3 inch groups with CCI Minimags.

20140619_104119_zps02a76d3f.jpg

Then tonight I'm off to a 25 yd range about 30 mins from me for a play with my .22 suppressed pistol. This is a LOT of fun. :D

20140619_130917_zps97eac8f4.jpg

Different mentality in the U.K.

We are only allowed to posess a maximum amount of ammunition at any one time, with the amount being stated on the owners firearms certificate. For example I can have 1100 rounds of .22lr in my safe as that's the amount stated on my cert, but one round more than this means I am exceeding my limit for possession and therefore breaking the law.

So as you can see, we cant hoard even if we wanted to, so .22lr here is quite plentiful. :)

Prepared for Zombiekalypse?..;)

Not sure if I would ever survive a zombie apocalypse, but I've got a decent headstart I think. :)

Most people here don't even know they can own firearms for target shoooting or hunting, there is no gun culture to speak of in the U.K. as the market here is pretty small.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw this, pretty awesome tech:

Interesting tech but it takes all of the fun out of it. Not to mention the roughly $15k price tag on that thing. I'd rather just brush up on my trig, get better at doping wind, and stay with my $3k tack driver  :P

Interesting tech but it takes all of the fun out of it. Not to mention the roughly $15k price tag on that thing. I'd rather just brush up on my trig, get better at doping wind, and stay with my $3k tack driver  :P

Yeah It might take a while for civilians to adopt technology like this, hopefully LE/MIL take advantage of this hopefully making it cheaper for civilians in the long run! I could imagine it would take the fun out of long distance shooting, so there's always that..

Yeah It might take a while for civilians to adopt technology like this, hopefully LE/MIL take advantage of this hopefully making it cheaper for civilians in the long run! I could imagine it would take the fun out of long distance shooting, so there's always that..

US Military started testing with a set of these back at the start of the year.  No word on what they think.  The biggest problem I see is having to lug around the extra weight for both the scope and spare batteries.  Batteries are the bane of the 'digital Soldier' concept...  Also this scope can't operate at the full spectrum or ranges that the best military snipers can.  So it would be more for adding sniper like capabilities to units without actual snipers.

US Military started testing with a set of these back at the start of the year.  No word on what they think.  The biggest problem I see is having to lug around the extra weight for both the scope and spare batteries.  Batteries are the bane of the 'digital Soldier' concept...  Also this scope can't operate at the full spectrum or ranges that the best military snipers can.  So it would be more for adding sniper like capabilities to units without actual snipers.

Though I doubt snipers will use these very much, I can see the potential for their use in units you described above (read designated marksmen). Just about any idiot with batteries can now make longer ranged shots (lol, read: anyone in the infantry)

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...