Any other pilots or student pilots here?

Fjnfnffnfn8485858

• 5 months later...

Corporate Jet captain here. ATP and CFI for 25 plus years. Currentry fly a Dassault Falcon 2000EASy, soon moving to the Gobal 6000. Grew up in Alaska and proposed to my wife in a DeHaviland Beaver on floats whIle on a glacier lake. Looking forward to sharing my 890 Jump and Super Hornet with my son.

I will get my private license once I finished college and earn some money again.

Fantastic! It's a great skill that will bring you much joy and frustration. Like Golf, it's practice, practice and more practice to remain proficient. Make sure you get your instrument rating. Even if you don't use it, it will provide you with enough insight to better know what to avoid. 

Its on my to-do list. I seriously considered going to pilot school to become a pro-pilot (the military believes I'm too old for this shit), but the income for the job I'd get afterward is actually so low as to be worse than a substitute teacher when starting out. No thanks. All the advice I could find said (if you're not independently wealthy) get a degree and a real job and make some money, pay for your own instruction and flight time, and wait for the airline industry to recover. So now I have a good degree and a good job, just saving up money and will go do the rest later, maybe. My job is actually pretty good, so no hurry as the airline industry still isn't better.

Its on my to-do list. I seriously considered going to pilot school to become a pro-pilot (the military believes I'm too old for this shit), but the income for the job I'd get afterward is actually so low as to be worse than a substitute teacher when starting out. No thanks. All the advice I could find said (if you're not independently wealthy) get a degree and a real job and make some money, pay for your own instruction and flight time, and wait for the airline industry to recover. So now I have a good degree and a good job, just saving up money and will go do the rest later, maybe. My job is actually pretty good, so no hurry as the airline industry still isn't better.

When my son was 7 he approached me and said "Dad, I want to be a pilot like you when I grow up." I smacked the grin off his face and said don't ever say that again! I responded to him with "You want to be a plastic surgeon and buy your own plane so you can fly when you want to, not when you have to," I'm joking of course. I didn't smack him.

Landing a great aviation job takes better odds than ending up as a successful athlete or movie star. Many aviation jobs will end up feeling like your waiting tables your whole life. For some, that's exactly how it turns out. It's a strange career but for those of us who had no choice but to pursue, a few of us simply were at the right place at the right time. Nothing more, nothing less. Additionally too many fellow pilots have acquired A.I.D.S. (Aviation Induced Divorce Syndrome). When number two and three clean you out, you can still be a B747 driver, but your living in a small apartment and driving a 30 year old beater. Guess that could happen with any career choice however. 

@StratoCrewzr Nice, to have someone of your qualifications and experience in Imperium! 

On a side note wow, never though this thread would be revived! 

@Tillion Hehe flying Isn't cheap, thats for sure! Especially attempting to get your ppl at the age of 17 with a supermarket job...

@StratoCrewzr Nice, to have someone of your qualifications and experience in Imperium!

On a side note wow, never though this thread would be revived!

@Tillion Hehe flying Isn't cheap, thats for sure! Especially attempting to get your ppl at the age of 17 with a supermarket job...

My old man had a couple planes when I was a kid and I used to love going up with him. I've since then acquired his little sand piper which is unbelievably fun to fly.

I miss this the most

post-9097-0-56312700-1414474797.jpg

Honestly, it was soo much more exciting than this. I just didn't know it then. 

post-9097-0-37825000-1414475054.jpg

Now I'm really excited about taking this for a spin. If it's another autopilot that can fly better than me, then you'll find me chillin in my Suite or toolin in my 85.

post-9097-0-55978600-1414475353_thumb.jp