300i rework

Kellso

Yeah you could allready tell that the 300i would get a rework just from looking at it in the Hangar.

I like the new one, the nose looks sleeker but that could just be the angle!

I think they mentioned it in the last few Reports that they changed the thruster placement, and replaced parts with ones with more details like they did with the hornet.

from what i have heard they changed the inside and just updated it to pbr

It looks like the nose is shorter, the mid section looks a bit more bulky and the edges look smoother

Thanks for the images! Looking at the new one, you can definitely see some more details added all over the ship and overall up-rezzing as mentioned by CR a little while ago. I am really satisfied by the result (is the new image in PBR as well?) and I´m really curious about interior changes.

It looks like they are raising the tail profile a little. Maybe some hope for something I did not like about the 300 series.

When you install missiles on the pylons, they go on the outside.

Always seemed to me they would tuck under-wing, that is where the mount appeared to be.

Lost a Kewl Factor to me sticking them on top. - DRUM out

yg83.png

They´ve changed the missiles mounts a while ago. They were inside originally, but they were moved outside because of nature of the 300i wing-closed shape, which could result with hitting yourself when shooting a missile and moving the ship at the same time. At least that´s what I get from their reasons, I don´t remember, where it was, probably some JP.

I hope they dont put the external storageroom inside the wings :(

I doubt that they would do that, it would be much easier if they have a storage box underneath like with the Aurora.

I don't have a problem with an external storage container for the 300, as long as it's for additional storage. The 300's 8 tons of storage capacity should be for the internal cargo hold.

I've heard the problem CIG is having is that the cargo "pallet crate" is too large to fit through the 300's doors, and the curved roof of the hold is too low.

I don't think that's a reason to change the 300's cargo storage to external. CIG should either modify the interior to allow a pallet to fit -- or, restrict the 300 from carrying pallet crates.

After all, the 300 is a luxury touring ship; it isn't designed as a mercantile hauler. I don't see a problem with not allowing the 300 to carry cargo pallets. A box truck can't carrying shipping containers, and there are some sports cars with trunks too small for a suit case or a golf bag. It's absurd to expect a luxury single-person ship to do everything a commercial cargo hauler can do.

The 300 should be able to carry cargo containers smaller than the pallet crate. The "largest carryable" container isn't much smaller, and it should still be possible to carry 8 tons of cargo in smaller container that fit inside the 300.

Stats tweaking for balance purposes was reminded all the time and it´s happening to all ships. I wouldn´t mind about current stats, CIG nor citizens know if they are right. It will surely change numerous times again, even more when real balance testing begin. And those stats are always for base model, I guess no one will be flying without upgrades for long. I plan to boost my 350R to its maximum capability as soon as possible.

There is much concern about the Origin 300 series on the RSI forums. Have you guys seen this yet?

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/128183/300i-owners-raise-your-voice/p1

It is sad when a balance patch comes out in a game (any MMO) and various people QQ :gr_cry:  about "their" ship (or character in other MMOs) getting the short end of the balance (especially since no one has been able to fly their ship yet).

The 300i (and its variants) are "still" balanced right where they should be. 

• Aurora series is a cheaper ship so the 300 series will likely perform better (and it is still the case)
  • An Avenger is a comparable ship to the 300 series and should perform about the same and they still do --- The RSI post tries to argue that the Avenger is now better but I don't see that.  They are still about equal with advantages to the Avenger for a Boom and Zoom fighter and advantages to a 325a for a more Maneuverable fighter (the new update really didn't change this).
  • The Cutlass and Hornet are more expensive than the 300 series and should be a superior dogfighters - but that doesn't mean that a 325a couldn't beat them (you just have to employ different tactics against them).

Looks really good.

Looking forward to seeing it in the hangar to see what it looks like up close, and in the inside.

Not to mention... Just one week until we actually get to show everyone the 300-series is not nerfed to uselessness.

BL - addresses the specifically the 300i today in this post:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/2542616/#Comment_2542616

+++ Below is a Fan Vid of a potential 300i retrofit for getting more cargo to work (he did one of these Videos for the Constellation and did a good job on his suggestions there as well)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gStAqq4zj0M