Dogfighting Module - Release Date, Staggered Release Explained!

Byronyk

Once again, well done B. And everyone knows we are all already "Fanboys", so it's all good. But seriously, great points made here and I know Imperium members will be professional, polite and patient through the process, well most of us anyways. :gr_wink:

My new Star Guide goes over the staggered release and how it applies to all of you. Please listen to the end; I love this community and I feel like it was something needing to be said.

awesome vid thanks for the upload! 

Dynamic video as always – great work, greater speech.

A huge point here is that more people will watch that video than would read the same thing posted on a forum thread. You have an impact in the community Byronyk, and I am glad to see you put it to a very practical use. It may actually function as a damper on the initial release rage.

Of course you have to energize the flame shields now to protect yourself from the You Wasted 3 Minutes Of My Life crowd, heh heh. - DRUM out

Well said Byronyk. It makes a lot of sense, and it's great that you decided to offer a calming voice of reason to quell the impending QQ storm that's brewing on the horizon. Personally, I could care less if i'm 1st or 40,001st to get in. In fact, i'm sure the initial wave will experience all sorts of haywire as things get ironed out. I'd be totally cool with starting up after a few less patient or more deserving backers get 1st dibs. I guess the panic is that the 1st in will get more practice and be better dog fighters for it in the long run. Lag issues and server crashes are an inevitable part of the alpha testing process (remember we're still in alpha), so it's fair to me to allow CIG to work those things out before stress testing their servers on a larger populace. The takeaway, and good news is that the DFM is in sight. So guys, take a chill pill, relax, do some research, study up, cheer CIG on, and be part of the solution, through positive support, and not a typical whiner because you didn't get to play the game 1st. 

Keep your Mind Sharp

Keep your Blade Sharper...

Personally I'm hoping to be in the last wave... I'd prefer to pass these exams (ending in 2 weeks)!!

edit: If I could offer some constructive criticism, I think you need to work on a better sign-off, maybe something like "and I'll see you next time" instead of "and that's it"?

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I figured this video would rustle some jimmies (which is evident at my abnormal like:dislike ratio), but nearly all the comments on reddit, the RSI forums, and here are positive and that makes me happy!

Very good again...

also had a laugh at the Diablo 3 scene

but some question here... is it true you don't have a RSI topic and a Reddit for your content? If not I think you should do one because those peoples want your HQ content too.