Welcome to Star Citizen Base

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The next Imperium Game Day will be held on February 25th. Please click here for more information on how to join.

thehumangerm

MISC FREELANCER!

291 posts in this topic

Also keep in mind that the hangar version you see right now is likely not the final size. The studio over at Frankfurt is responsible for remodeling the MAX IIRC and it has a track record of making ships larger.

Turo likes this

I upgraded from Herald to Hornet and then to Freelancer.  I have Cutlass Black as my everyday mission runner/fighter, and I don't see myself as a dedicated fighter pilot, hence the upgrade.  

My question is, should I stick with Freelancer Base or upgrade to DUR?  Obviously, my interest is Exploration, but seeing how it will not come into play until 4.0, it'd be a waste just sitting in a hangar.  What I am afraid of is that CIG will cancel CCUs and I'll be stuck with a base without a possibility to upgrade.  What are your thoughts on that?

Going to CCU my Gladius to a MIS in my Armada Package. Don't need with when I have both a Sabre and Hornet (and Vanguard).

I did something similar with my Armada pack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I am wondering if the Mx is even worth it if it cannot go through small jump points. With a $10 difference between it and the taurus, which holds twice the cargo, what could be the advantage of the Max as each has one turret and each can be adequately piloted by one individual. 

They've waffled on that a number of times. Do we have the updated cargo cap for the reworked Taurus and Max?

That's really the point of contention imho - it's the selling point of the FL.

If it can go through small jump points then it's the king of smalls and has that edge.

if it can't go through small jump points then the FL is merely a stepping point to a Connie. It's a wasted ship.

All the variants have their own charm, but really, a Connie could do them all .. possibly better.

FoxChard likes this

18 hours ago, NewzyOne said:

That's really the point of contention imho - it's the selling point of the FL.

If it can go through small jump points then it's the king of smalls and has that edge.

if it can't go through small jump points then the FL is merely a stepping point to a Connie. It's a wasted ship.

All the variants have their own charm, but really, a Connie could do them all .. possibly better.

I've said before that the MAX's engine design is poor. There's no logical reason for placing the double engines side-by-side, thereby making the MAX wider than the base Freelancer. The double engines could easily be stacked on top of each other instead. If the MAX was only 15 metres wide, same as the base Freelancer, its width would be 11 metres less than the Constellation Taurus and it would be more plausible that the MAX could fit through small jump points. That would justify the MAX's existence and price point, because it could use any size jump point and go where the Taurus couldn't.

CIG has already re-designed the base Freelancer and the variant models are due to be re-designed as well. I sincerely hope that CIG improves the MAX by vertically stacking the double engines and keeping its width the same as the base Freelancer.

20 hours ago, Reavern said:

I sincerely hope that CIG improves the MAX by vertically stacking the double engines and keeping its width the same as the base Freelancer.

I don't think they will though... those engines are kind of iconic. It may not make any sense, and you may lose vertical maneuverability with them side-by-side, and they may be a wider target so you're more likely to lose them with spray-n-pray shooting from enemy ships, but they're iconic ;)