Bearcat

In real life there is the F-18 Hornet but also the F-18 Super Hornet, which is bigger than a regular hornet and twin engine/thruster....or course in real life the original Hornet already has twin engine/thrusters but hey i'm keeping my fingers crossed for 2 thruster SC Hornet =)

EDIT: Also Super Hornet in real life has more weapon hardpoints than regular hornet, so that might be worth a mention...i doubt they used the term "Super Hornet" without trying to reference the real life version of Hornets....but maybe that's just my imagination

From that thread:

10:56 PST: "Ben Lesnick: We're mixing sound on the updated commercial, rendering graphics for the updated brochure... it's all happening now and we hope to have something to show you really soon."
Ben Lesnick: There will be one variant that's available for a week, two that are permanent additions.
Ben Lesnick: No 24-hour sales.

Seriously? They had a last minute decision to push the Hornet brochure forward a week and swap it with the LN Aurora and they are EVEN NOW still working on the damn commercial which was supposed to be finished last friday?

I just have to express again that i will probably never understand how they work, and am for the first time thinking that maybe our pledged cash is going to them having nice vacations to the Bahamas and drinking cocktails all day.....well not really but come on, this is getting rediculous :gr_confused::icondrool:

In real life there is the F-18 Hornet but also the F-18 Super Hornet, which is bigger than a regular hornet and twin engine/thruster....or course in real life the original Hornet already has twin engine/thrusters but hey i'm keeping my fingers crossed for 2 thruster SC Hornet =)

EDIT: Also Super Hornet in real life has more weapon hardpoints than regular hornet, so that might be worth a mention...i doubt they used the term "Super Hornet" without trying to reference the real life version of Hornets....but maybe that's just my imagination

It definitely not your imagination. I too think they will not use a name with some degree of reference.

From that thread:

10:56 PST: "Ben Lesnick: We're mixing sound on the updated commercial, rendering graphics for the updated brochure... it's all happening now and we hope to have something to show you really soon."

Ben Lesnick: There will be one variant that's available for a week, two that are permanent additions.

Ben Lesnick: No 24-hour sales.

Seriously? They had a last minute decision to push the Hornet brochure forward a week and swap it with the LN Aurora and they are EVEN NOW still working on the damn commercial which was supposed to be finished last friday?

I just have to express again that i will probably never understand how they work, and am for the first time thinking that maybe our pledged cash is going to them having nice vacations to the Bahamas and drinking cocktails all day.....well not really but come on, this is getting rediculous :gr_confused::icondrool:

Yeah, I'm not expecting SC to come out on time anymore.  At least not in the format that we're all expecting and they're implying.  The point of reaching the $4 million stretch goal was supposed to be giving them a buffer to pad their staff so much that everything would definitely be finished in 2 years.  Instead they looked in every direction and said "yeah, we can afford that too".  Not just features, it's timelines, commercials, fan interviews, press events, everything.  They are way over extended.

Not sure if this is real, but it needs to be:

<Picture removed to not duplicate>

I'm pretty sure that was a created image.  I remember seeing the posts with that in it, and it was pretty obvious that they were created via a 3D program.  But, I'll be the first to state I could be wrong and everything is speculation.

I traded in my regular hornet for a super hornet and the ghost hornet for behind enemy line raids. plus it looks BOSS

Melted my F7C and bought the Weekend Warrior package.  Comes with an extra side-arm for the same price.  Also through in the Military Skin just for the heck of it.  HEEEEELLL YEEAAAAAHH!

i did melt my F7C and took the weekend warrior...the side arm 5.000uec and another character....

now i am thinking of melting my 325a and put some more $ to take another hornet ...just dont know wich?

maybe the F7C again...

I got the recon one too as I figured it would be handy for search-and-destroy type missions with wingmen

I definitely want the Ghost, but I'm holding off on buying until the LTI deadline.

November is gearing up to be a very expensive month, with the release of both the Xbox One and PS4, Black Friday sales, and an anticipated major sale on all Star Citizen ships before the LTI deadline.

I definitely want the Ghost, but I'm holding off on buying until the LTI deadline.

November is gearing up to be a very expensive month, with the release of both the Xbox One and PS4, Black Friday sales, and an anticipated major sale on all Star Citizen ships before the LTI deadline.

Luckily(?) i live in a European country where we are not seeing the release of Xbox One until next year, so that saves a bit of money this month =P

I definitely want the Ghost  but I'm holding off on buying until the LTI deadline.  November is gearing up to be a very expensive month with the release of both the Xbox One and PS4, Black Friday sales, and an anticipated major sale on all Star Citizen ships before the LTI deadline.

Fixed that for you  ;)

Fixed that for you  ;)

Nope, I want the Xbox One. :) I've been waiting for next-gen for far too long, and now that it's finally here, I'm not going to let it pass me by. And I really like the idea of the Xbox One being the centre of my "living room experience".

Besides, I already have most of the ships that I'm going to buy. The Hornet Ghost is the only one left that is currently available, that I still want. I'm still on the waiting list for a Captured Vanduul Fighter, and I have no clue when it'll be my turn to buy one. That only leaves the upgraded models of the Freelancer and Constellation. Maybe the Freelancer brochure will be released in November -- but probably not.

And I'm okay with that. The Hornet FAQ finally answered the question about upgrading our ships post-LTI deadline and keeping the LTI.

So if and when CIG has a big, last minute sale in November, I doubt I'll buy anything, except the Ghost. ;)

after reading so many posts about the Hornet, i am so hyped up about getting one myself. however, i am strapped for cash (got two kids to feed!), so i am going to melt my 300i, and top it up to get the Stealth version.