Gif of Mining Drones

NaTtype

cig stated in a very vague, and not concrete way... that these can be piloted, and possibly owned. the idea of owning one, was stated as a possiblity by chris himself, however examining other statments regarding these ... ummm... harvesters.. has clarified that the mining platform is only sq42 for now, but may have a place later in the pu. if the platform is where the harvesters are located... then stands to reason they will not be released pu side for some time. since these massive things cannot possibly be carried anywhere without a bangel.... it only stands to reason that it will be scaled down, or be given the ability to use jump gates and such as a normal craft would. 

cig stated in a very vague, and not concrete way... that these can be piloted, and possibly owned. the idea of owning one, was stated as a possiblity by chris himself, however examining other statments regarding these ... ummm... harvesters.. has clarified that the mining platform is only sq42 for now, but may have a place later in the pu. if the platform is where the harvesters are located... then stands to reason they will not be released pu side for some time. since these massive things cannot possibly be carried anywhere without a bangel.... it only stands to reason that it will be scaled down, or be given the ability to use jump gates and such as a normal craft would. 

More likely they are purpose built for operating off stations like shubin, that are simply anchored in an asteroid field and then stay there. Since asteroid fields don't generally run out of ore terribly quick. I don't see these mining monstrosities as operating off craft.

The mining base will definitely be in the PU as a conquerable economic node. There's no way they spend all that time on an asset and then not reuse it. No one would be terribly surprised if mining bases looked alike, just say they are all made by the same company. Then leave a few out in lawless space that have been abandoned because of pirates/aliens/space ghosts for people to fight over.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Since we haven't heard anything new on this mining drone thing I'm guessing we'll see it with the Shubin mining station in SQ42.
I can't wait till sq42 comes out, I hope it's still slated for release this year (though I doubt it).