Napoleon

Chris Robert have a big problem....

This pretty much hit me while i was ready that HOTAS tread.I was at first surprise to see how many ppl wanted the mouse/keyboard set up to be competitive.....I think gamer's ARE NOT READY for that kind of game!

They don't have a computer powerful enough,they don't have the proper set up(HOTAS,pedal,Oculus...etc)...They just DONT HAVE THE $

Economy is a bitch,nobody can blame a broke gamer imo.

Oh yeah,CR can just be "screw them"and do the game he want's....but in fact he dosn't have the RIGHT to do this.If he take the money in his pockets,he can build whatever game he wants....and invite whoever he want,it's his business...But the day he decided to go with a Kickstarter to finance his project,this very day he loosed the right to create whatever he want...he need to build a game the vast majority of his 400k+ backers CAN PLAY AND PERFORM IN.....And the truth his most of theses backers are broke,with old computers...

Let say Donald Trump give him 40 million to build a game.Does he need to build a game that DT can actually play?What would happen if he create a game so complex that the man keep crashing after 30 second?

Pretty sure he regret the Kickstarter.I believe he have the contact to get the money otherwise.

At the other end,there are the COMPLETE FREAK,who actually take RL flight lesson,and are buying whatever they think that will give them a edge.Just go and read the last 2 pages of the HOTAS tread,you'll get what i mean.They are expecting this game to be a 2050 game release in 2015,and the are expecting this game to be aristocratic,with a Elite that completely dominate and some sucker just as good as AI that will hand around doing job for them.

Theres also normal gamer stuck in between,waiting to see what will happen...because this game is the most anticipate game of the history.It will happen,no matter what.O'm just really curious to see what Cr will do....will he go to please the masses?The elite?Or somewhere in between,where nobody will be fully satisfy?

Yep,Chris Robert have a problem.

In fact no he doesn't have an obligation, there isn't a contract where you define that you must be able to perform to enjoy the game.

It's not his responsibility to make you able to perform in a game. He gives the games and provides a setup that can be played on a platform (either a joystick or mouse+keyboard), and it's your business to learn to perform on either platform.

The game works on both, he did his job.

Now, there are certainly some advantages for the mouse+keyboard (laser-like precision) and for the joystick (maneuverability). But it is your business to find a way to palliate the lack of one platform with its advantage(s) to perform like the other platform. IMO, I think that joystick will be a good thing to have for dogfights. However, mouse and keyboard will probably have the upper hand on bigger ships where multitasking will probably be needed (and the ship slower movement will negate the precision difference of the 2 platforms).

your opinions. please show your sources, refrences, statistics, and demographics. i would like to see the studies you made on an international scale, and feed back from at lest two reputable sources who counter points your view. further more....

c72.gif

monty-python-animated-gif.gif

Just some quotes from the kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/

"This is why you’re a PC gamer – you love being on the cutting edge, not stuck in the past!"

"This is your chance to have your voice heard. To tell the world that high end PC gaming lives."

"We have investors that have agreed to contribute the balance we need to complete this game as long as we can validate that there is a demand for a high end PC space game."

So everyone should've known what they were getting into.

Just my 2 cents

I dont think he has a problem.. he wants to make a game that brings computer games back to the lead.. that pushes the current industry limit on hardware if you want to play this game you WILL need an updated computer and peripherals.. 

For this game i just built a new

i7 4770 CPU

1 x GTX 780 Over Cloaked

32 Gigs of Ram

1x ASUS Sabertooth MB

I also plan to get another 780 before the release of SC for SLI and i allready ordered my X-55 HOTAS from Saitek which i got word today via email that the release was pushed to May 2'nd two days before my BD.. i was expecting it this week... :( 

Are most backers broke, with old computers? I know that does not fit the profile of most Imperium players tbh.

I'm sure most of imperium players wont have any problems to run the game.Anyone who is highly active on a pre-Alpha game forum is both very passionate and well informed.But i don't think imperium players are representatives of most of the backers.

And i don't say that he have the LEGAL obligation,but a morale one.Don't get me wrong,i really hope this game will be ass badass as planed.I think this post represent more a fear i have.My Rhino X-55 and my Oculus are on there way,and i'll get a beat as computer as soon as i need one,don't worry for me.

But just try to be in CR shoes for a minute....You can ignore the majority of your backers.You can,but it look bad lol.

I agree that CR always vbeen clear about his vision,backers knew.Most of us....But i'd call it a problem anyway.maybe a nice one.

your opinions. please show your sources, refrences, statistics, and demographics. i would like to see the studies you made on an international scale, and feed back from at lest two reputable sources who counter points your view. further more....

c72.gif

I could ask the same to refute my argument.

monty-python-animated-gif.gif

Indeed, he can turn it into shit. But, lets hope otherwise. I wouldnt look at it as a problem, but a leap of faith. :)

So well said!

I think if you wanna squeeze my thought in a sentence,i'd said he will piss off thousands of ppl no mater what.His problem now is how many...couple of them,or hundreds of thousands...

I still believe that SC will be the best game so far.

I spent all my money on star citizen so i cant upgrade my PC or get a HOTAS set up.... :'(

Save up £10 a week you can get a nice joystick in 4 weeks. Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Precision Fightstick is only £36.25 & FREE Delivery on Amazon in the UK.

No need to go OTT.

i stated no claims, only question your op. when i make a claim... then i will defend it. refuting your points, require actual data, and not opinions. i cannot argue against a belief, or paranoia. once you put down actual facts, then i can look at it's sources, and provide my own to refute them. right now... you are presenting a gut feeling, something i rank somewhere between the easter bunny, and puff the magic dragon

Monty-Python-and-The-Holy-Grail-monty-py

there's a lot of time until the PU is out you can save up even a little will help

unless you want to run everything on max in 4k it should be okay to save up for a year 

even with a i5 and a good graphics card you should be okay at 1080p

the game is not optimized yet and better drivers etc will help a lot

some places/shop even allow free financing with 0 interest 

we already knew it would be in the Cryengine 

and you had a choice nobody forced any of the backer's to back the game 

if you are unsure  then don't Preoder or back the game 

If i play counter strike i dont play it in 640x480 on a pro level

I don't play Tekken  with a 800$fightstick

battlefield 3-4 work fine without joystick as well you just need to take your time  

im still having fun in those games 

+1 to stoff, its as simple as that, do not get the game if you cannot afford it, but if you can afford it it means 1, you have some extra $ cause you just throw money at roberts without getting anything in return (remember this is all a gamble) so if your gambling then..it means you got money to spend.  Thats just my train of thought.

It has been made clear this is a next gen game, and with such "next gen" requires next gen hardware & peripherals.

Plus, don't buy a game you know nothing about, tbh anyone who buys a game researches it 1st.

I for one dont care about joysticks and w/e.  I care about visuals.  I am on hold to buy 4k monitor, or Oculus.  From there I am on hold to sli 780s or to get a maxwell 880 sli depending on how advance this game runs on rig.  Who the heck knows.

I know 1 thing..I want my PC to short circuit, I want my water cooler to boil eggs, and I want my room to sound like an airport.  

also you can  save lots on "used parts" some ppl want and need the best so every time something new is out they sell of their old stuff even tho i only 5 month old and still haves insurance

a friend of mine bought 5-10 of the same GPU cos he wanted to "win the Silicon Lottery" and the sold the rest cheaper 

The pronoun "you" is being used here as a generic term and is not intended to indicate anybody in particular.

The only "one" who has a problem, moral, morale or otherwise, are those pledgers who think they have a right to dictate to Chris Roberts and the company he owns what the game "has" to be. You did NOT pledge money to CIG for them make a game that would run on "YOUR" current computer. We are ALL backers who KNOWINGLY pledged money to CIG so that they can build a game that will PUSH current computer tech, whatever it is, to its limits. If you pledged money and feel you are going to be screwed over by CR and CIG, then you are sorely mistaken - we are all literate enough to read into what CIG said, and did NOT say, they were going to do and offer.

Not one of us is an investor with the expectation of financial recompense. Stop behaving like you are.

"You" pledged money and "you" got various ships appropriate for that pledge level as a THANK "YOU"! Just like Public Television pledge drives - you pledge to influence what gets shown on PBS - you don't dictate.

I'm all for allowing people to speak their mind, but ........seriously, to say CR has a problem, that defies logic and commonsense.

Was this started as a troll post? Seriously, I have no idea where the OP interpretation could have originated...no where did I read that anyone, anywhere, at anytime would ever make a the game I wanted because I "pre-ordered". I don't get the point at all.   :blink:  

I am also a bit confused, as even the original pre-Kickstarter crowd funding page stated that KB/mouse would be a supported control scheme.  The open question has always been how CIG is going to balance all the different options without having one dominate the rest, which is their stated goal.  It is a lofty one, certainly.

I was definitely one of those broke gamers but I managed to save up my money and get new computer parts--still am saving in a tough economy. When someone pledged to him, they didn't pledge to be able to run the game, they pledged to him to make the game he wanted. And then was given thank you gifts (ships and the game, or various others) for that pledge.

Christopher Roberts has no obligation to make the game run on older computers and no where in the kickstarter did he say it would or that it was one of his goals. Being a broke person myself (way too many bills etc to buy games like the rest of the world), I'm not even mad. I just knew I had to go and purchase something new and knew it would take some major savings to do so.

The only way I'll be "mad" is if he made it absolutely mandatory for i7s/similar but then I'd cool down and save up again. lol

That said, I'm confused as to the point of the OP...can anyone explain? :wacko:

It is quite simple actually.(sry for the confusion,i guess i got lost in translation,since english is my third language)

In my OPINION,from what i saw in several topic,there alot of ppl who are broke,and don't have the kind of money this game will need.(@Aleaf,i did hired the top 75 university in the world to do a massive international scale study on the hypothesis that most ppl are not rich,we expect the result later this year,i'll keep you inform.)

So the point is:should Chris Robert should give a dam about them,even if they represent "the majority"?or at least a considerable % of the backers?

I know HE DOESN'T legally speaking.Does he have a moral obligation?The overwhelming majority here think NO.I agree.

But again,most ppl who pledge at this point think they are fine,so i'm not surprise.

How much do you think will cost a new computer to run SC?i went shopping this week.It cost me 1500 $ for a proper pc.Mine was old,so i had to started from scratch.