As a wise man said, "Stop it as long as you can!"

NO-DRAGON

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/forums/topic/golden-tickets-should-be-rewarded-to-everyone-who-pledged-during-the-campaign/ Golden tickets should be rewarded to everyone who pledged during the campaign November 30, 2012 at 8:36 am #116075 Ben Lesnick Key Master Guys, I’m sorry but it’s time to end this one. We’re aware of how you feel about the Golden Tickets. We’re proud of the support ALL our backers have given us and the idea was never to split anyone into warring groups. The Golden Ticket program helped get the word out early and I think it worked pretty well… but that doesn’t make the people who happened to find the site then more special. Golden Ticket holders had the great responsibility of introducing the world to our game and I think they did an excellent job… but please keep that responsibility to heart as you go on. Rather than separating yourself off from everyone else, keep advocating and helping everyone have a better game. YES, was time that happend

Ehrm... Why do people care about golden tickets? Can someone please enlighten me because I started reading through that thread but found nothing of value... THe onlöy thing popping up is how the golden ticket holders are considered the "most loyal SC fans" and that the ones who pledged a lot of money won't get anything in return. WTF? So that platinum citizens card is nothing? How is that different from the golden tickets? Isn't a high rank citizen card even better than the fucking golden ticket as it actually says something!? Whiners...

Golden ticket holders get a special golden skin. So far nothing else is announced. The phrase about the Golden Ticket probably pissed some people off, it was not intended by CR, but some people complain even though there's nothing to complain. It was a unlucky choice of words and so some people thought that their pledge wasn't that valuable, than being a bit lucky and signing up before october 10

THe onlöy thing popping up is how the golden ticket holders are considered the "most loyal SC fans" That is the hoax thing about it, as ya can see here, nowhere is standing anything about that, the whole text implies only one thing, that we where earlier there. That is it.

post-224-0-16181000-1354286854_thumb.jpg

Well, there is that Group called "GoldWing" were only GoldenTicketHolders can join. Then they spread out those big golden signatures boosting that they are golden Ticket Holders. I clearly can see why people are getting pissed off of the Gold Tickets. My first thought on that group was: "How arrogant can they get?" The ticket looks nice and if I get something for free only by being registered early than that makes me indeed happy, but it's no reason to get arrogant over it. Would be fine when they just kill that Ticket and the "Enlisted" Group :D

although I understand the problem many people have with the golden ticket, I don't really care about it, sure the squad that only allows golden ticket owners is elitist but think of it this way, we allow anyone to join which is in our favor since we can have a wide range of people from experience to interests, while they are and always will be limited by the rules they set themselves, they'll never have a fleet as big as ours or so many different divisions "Show me an elitist and I'll show you a loser" Tom Clancy

There's some murmuring among the leadership of Gold Wing that they might remove the Golden Ticket requirement at some point. They're smart enough to realize that they'll be ridiculed, shunned and hunted in-game for forming a pretentious squadron based on little more than registering early for a forum. Large Internet communities such as Something Awful (Goons) and Reddit will likely have a sizable presence in Star Citizen; Reddit's Redd Squadron already has nearly 300 tentative members, for example. Having said that, I believe Chris when he says Star Citizen is not an MMO. He (or perhaps it was Ben Lesnick) also said squadrons are intended to be relatively small groups of friends, not 1,000+ member corporations as exist in EVE. I personally feel a lot of people are treating the formation of their squadrons and pre-game prep as if Star Citizen is an MMO. It takes two to tango, and while you may think that the people upset about missing out on Golden Tickets are whiners, by the same token Gold Wing and some Golden Ticket holders always show up to troll the bejeezus out of those sorts of threads/conversations. It's a two-way street. No wonder Ben stepped in.

I fully agree with the Gold Wing thing, that is only stupid and the excuse that it is only to get to the game dedicated pilots in a Squad is the biggest BS I ever heard. Yes, as an GT holder, I`m a bit proud to have gathered one of èm. Even if I will only get the Gold layer for ma ship and maybe any other fancy but not gamerelevant add on. But saying that the other Fans are not as dedicated to the Game or interested as Gold Wing implies is arrogant, that is out of Question and I bet most are pissed cause Gold Wing rubs it everybody daily under the nose with bumping up their tread. That why I am so happy that an RSI official (BEN) has set em an end, and I will hope they will do the same with the so called Gold Wing, even if I personal doubt it..

Hmmmm it amazes me you can still find some people in the world of gaming such as SC that by holding a virtual gift makes them feel so big compared to everyone else, nothing good will come to it and honestly it sadly takes away the true essence of the meaning of the game which is to have fun, In my opinion let them fade into obscurity I'm not going to let them bother me.

I don't think that all of the Golden Ticket holders should be grouped together with the likes of Gold Wing. There is probably a silent majority of Golden Ticket holders like No-Dragon that don't appreciate the behavior that the Gold Wings have displayed. The Gold Wing elitist attitude is going to bite them in the a**. They can't recruit anyone outside of their limited circle, and I suspect they'll get ganked by everyone in-game. It will be pretty amusing. They'll probably realize this before to long and change their rules and their tune.

Having said that, I believe Chris when he says Star Citizen is not an MMO. He (or perhaps it was Ben Lesnick) also said squadrons are intended to be relatively small groups of friends, not 1,000+ member corporations as exist in EVE. I personally feel a lot of people are treating the formation of their squadrons and pre-game prep as if Star Citizen is an MMO.

Yeah I get that, but not just b/c it's an MMO. I haven't ever ran a clan in an MMO. For example our Counter-Strike clan has a couple hundred members, we play with and against each other. Same goes here, with instances be limited players we shouldn't have to worry about 1000's or even 100's.

Okay... I have to say... I've seen mention at these golden tickets every now and then, but haven't given it that much attention. Now I see a few threads about it on the main site, and at first glance... its.... just a gold sticker? Out of all the awesomeness of this game, how we all unlocked a carrier and well exceeded their goals for funding, etc etc, ................................................people are actually complaining about a gold sticker? :huh: ........ :blink: ....... <_< seriously... a gold sticker?

Yeah I get that, but not just b/c it's an MMO. I haven't ever ran a clan in an MMO. For example our Counter-Strike clan has a couple hundred members, we play with and against each other. Same goes here, with instances be limited players we shouldn't have to worry about 1000's or even 100's.

I wasn't pointing the finger at anyone. I know there are clans for just about any kind of multiplayer game, and I've been part of a few myself. Most regulars at Star Citizen Base have probably read/watched the vast majority of the publicity material on Star Citizen, and know just as well as I do that the game won't be a full-fledged MMO.

I just think there are some squads out there approaching SC as though it will be a full-fledged MMO, and they may be setting themselves up for disappointment.

Gold Wing will be one of the most targeted groups, once the game comes out, they worked really hard to do so and i think there are few groups out there that earn it like they do. Congratulations to all of the GT holders outside Gold Wing, you are one hell of lucky bastards. ;)

The tears in these pages make me chuckle. Folks who have a chip on their shoulder due to others having something they do not are petty to the core. A group of people created a faction based on a note saying they were some of the earliest and they sought to celebrate their fandom. *Yawn* You would think people would find more productive things to complain about and rail against. Then again, it is the internet and a gaming community full of social outcasts and children. Nothing of interest to see.

The tears in these pages make me chuckle. Folks who have a chip on their shoulder due to others having something they do not are petty to the core.

A group of people created a faction based on a note saying they were some of the earliest and they sought to celebrate their fandom.

*Yawn* You would think people would find more productive things to complain about and rail against.

Then again, it is the internet and a gaming community full of social outcasts and children.

Nothing of interest to see.

I welcome you in the group of social outcast and children,too ;)

We love to fight with CAPLOCK, don't we? :D

Should we start to produce tears?

And don't forget to spam this !!!!!! or that ????? after each SENTENCE!!!!

MAKES IT MORE IMPORTANT!!!!!

You Troll you :P

The tears in these pages make me chuckle. Folks who have a chip on their shoulder due to others having something they do not are petty to the core.

You've got me there. The litany of angry posts and trolling from Gold Wing members and some ticket-holders are much more productive and mature, and not petty at all.

I've kept abreast of the various threads on the subject. There is a finger to be pointing, however, it really shouldn't be at goldwing ;)

The folks antagonizing that group do so and then want to hide behind indignation as the people they are tormenting fight back.

Seems we never left the playground, we just went from a small sandbox to a massive world-wide sandbox with a shiny jungle gym.

Only thing is...some of the kids at this playground got here first and the teacher gave them a shiny gold star. Some of the other kids dont think this is fair because they came after.

Tantrums are never a pretty sight.

Thread after thread about how people who didnt get a gold star should. Because it isnt fair.

You might have an argument if ticket holders made a series of threads teasing you outright "Ha ha we have a star and you dont" etc

Some even claim thats what gold wings recruitment is doing.

This is simply not the case. There is a marked difference between a group of people sharing in camaraderie, celebrating fandom and recruiting others who received their gold stars and taunting those who did not receive their stars.

It seems jealousy over a worthless piece of glitter has gotten the best of some.

@Light: If you accepted me I wouldn't I lose my social outcast status?

It really doesn't matter who "started it," Intel. It takes two to tango. There's nothing stopping Gold Wing (or anyone else) from exercising a modicum of self-control and resisting the urge to troll and ragepost in Golden Ticket complaint threads. It's well and good if they want to join in the discussion, but it's also entirely possible to remain civilized while doing so. Bad behavior is bad behavior, no matter which "side" is doing it. There have been plenty of threads on the RSI forums that have pushed my buttons, but I don't troll and ragepost in them because I consider that kind of behavior beneath me.