Intel > AMD for CryEngine

Timziito

The fact that Chris computer is filled with High end Intel and Nvidia gear says otherwise..

Sure that AMD can be in on this with helpful tech.. and helps promote SC on example AMDs Gpu event and more

Under these pre-texts there may as well be no point in anything other than a Constellation for a ship (since it's CR's favorite).  The facts (so far) HEAVILY favor AMD.  I could care less either way, I just want to play the game.  Past has shown very minor differences between the two setups.  Intel had it's fun in the overpriced sun and a new darkness is coming! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

i see the points on both sides of the coin, however i think my origional decision will continue to stand. i will hold off on building a new rig until the release date is nailed down. when chris roberts finally says " hey guys...may 2015 "... then i will build the rig for sc based on that time frames current best projected performance hardware. currently i do not feel the need to compare hardware that may be outdated in 9 months by a suprise development in the hardware race. with all that said, i am happy to hear amd is trying to step it up, as i have been a closet fan of amd for awhile. has anyone heard anything new on possible releases of hardware over the next year, other than the new lines of graphic cards ?

i see the points on both sides of the coin, however i think my origional decision will continue to stand. i will hold off on building a new rig until the release date is nailed down. when chris roberts finally says " hey guys...may 2015 "... then i will build the rig for sc based on that time frames current best projected performance hardware. currently i do not feel the need to compare hardware that may be outdated in 9 months by a suprise development in the hardware race. with all that said, i am happy to hear amd is trying to step it up, as i have been a closet fan of amd for awhile. has anyone heard anything new on possible releases of hardware over the next year, other than the new lines of graphic cards ?

Pretty much this.  I'm just sliding a few bucks every pay check into a separate account and in a year or two when the game comes out I should be in a good spot to get a pretty decent rig.  (Current rig isn't bad, but will just be too outdated come SC being released)

I wouldn't put my money on that just yet.  AMD is due for a very large boost of support from game makers and softwre companies.  Both of the new gaming consoles run on AMD APUs. 

Agreed. I'm waiting until right before release to build a new rig. I'm sure what I have now would run SC great but I would like to wait and see.

Is hyper threading needed for gaming anyway? I know the video that CR kinda mention it but it was not really clear for me.
The review postet dont show much on the gaming side forget the benchmarks games

But as CR says his game (SC) is gonna push everything maybe then we will see the difference once the full game is out  :lol:  

• 2 months later...

Get 2xr9 270 for now, or 1 r 9 290x thn when the game releases get another and put it in cf, i did read some were tht the r9 290x supports dx12 bt stand to be corrected.

2 r9 270 are not to far behind the r9 290 but your scope for upgrading is limited vs if you go for the r9 290x option

Amd fx 8350 with a h100i wc oc to 4.8ghz yes please

I thought about that but I don't think it is a big enough performance jump from my 1090T X6. I'm waiting for the next lot of Intel and going to get either another 6 core or an 8 core.

I'm on the fence for this one. I am saving up some money which I will spend on a new computer around august. That computer will be specifically built towards Starcitizen, which means I will need to know what devs test with and what hardware works best with the Cryengine. As of now, I think there is no doubt that Intel has the upper hand. However the rumors are that AMD is partnering with Starcitizen, and I am curious to see what direction that partnership takes AMD drivers and/or hardware.

I don't give a fuck about brand-loyalty, I'm not American (no offense but... you know.)