Human Civil War

Raith_Solo

Human Civil War  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which side would you pick

I personally wouldn't know, since what do we know about what the East and the Western faction of UEE stand for. Why do they go at (civil) war and/or which faction rose up. To decide "properly" i think we need to know more about the what, whom and the why. Just saying Earth or Terra, that is almost the same as asking which name do you like more. Since in the end the supposed Earth would also go towards the terra(space) and other way around back to (a) surface (on) Earth. 

But without knowing much, i think i would support Terra. Feels like it has more (potential) progress to it.

As far as I understand in the Lore, Terra is slightly Xenophobic and Earth is pro-aliens (keeping peace and making alliances). IN a knee-jerk reaction I would probably go for Earth, but as it has been mentioned earlier, it really depends what the backstory is and the underlying reasons. Who did what first.

Earth is corupt, i vote Terra. :blink:

It's more that Earth is conservative and hawkish and Terra is progressive and trade oriented, the corruption thing is everywhere to a higher or lesser degree.

Since the CIG lore guys have a major hard on for "grey" moral history, don't expect there to be any good/bad guys in here. There will be pros and cons to both sides, so trying to make it into a moral thing probably won't get us anywhere.

My bet is that they'll go for a storyline where Terra is justified in seceding, but in doing so they leave the galactic east open and weak to Vanduul aggression. Ultimately leading to them being responsible for the sack of Earth that has been quite heavily hinted at. 

As an aside, I don't think they have really defined how hot or cold the split will be. So it's entirely possible we'd be able to have decent relations with both sides, with the option for more "rewards" if we sided more with one or the other.

I think we'll more end up thinking about what we'd get from having high standings with one or the other. Earth is supposed to be more traditional, conservative, and militaristic. Terra is progressive, innovative and trade oriented. 

So I'd suspect if we want access to more milspec weapons by doing vanduul-killing missions go Earth. If we want access to scanners and advanced mining lasers by doing trade missions go Terra. (?)

It's more that Earth is conservative and hawkish and Terra is progressive and trade oriented, the corruption thing is everywhere to a higher or lesser degree.

Since the CIG lore guys have a major hard on for "grey" moral history, don't expect there to be any good/bad guys in here. There will be pros and cons to both sides, so trying to make it into a moral thing probably won't get us anywhere.

My bet is that they'll go for a storyline where Terra is justified in seceding, but in doing so they leave the galactic east open and weak to Vanduul aggression. Ultimately leading to them being responsible for the sack of Earth that has been quite heavily hinted at. 

As an aside, I don't think they have really defined how hot or cold the split will be. So it's entirely possible we'd be able to have decent relations with both sides, with the option for more "rewards" if we sided more with one or the other.

I think we'll more end up thinking about what we'd get from having high standings with one or the other. Earth is supposed to be more traditional, conservative, and militaristic. Terra is progressive, innovative and trade oriented. 

So I'd suspect if we want access to more milspec weapons by doing vanduul-killing missions go Earth. If we want access to scanners and advanced mining lasers by doing trade missions go Terra. (?)

If what you say is true then I will be siding with Terra

I voted for Earth, but it's hard to say. Ultimately, I'd like to see unified human resistance to Vanduul invasion and I'd like to prevent the sack of Earth. But if siding with Terra in a civil war seems like the best way to accomplish that goal, I'd side with Terra.