Tallhart

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So the gladius will get an upgrade in 3.0, with the size two weapon mounts on wings brought in closer and increased to size 3. Any one hear anything about any changes to the nose mount?  There is this image of the gladius nose from evocati (reportedly), but heck if I know what is significant about it.1507322197003.jpg

Is that a  CF repeater turret? With item 2.0 and the ability to put better sheilds on this thing, my anticipation is pretty high.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I used to have a Gladius about 4 years ago and I subsequently CCUd or melted it I don't remember to another more expensive ship and prefered to use my Khartu-al  as my go-to lightfighter but now I'm thinking CCU my Avenger Warlock (since I picked up a Saber Raven) to a Gladius (or possibly Anvil Hawk = which one would you choose?) based on this flight model thinking that it will likely be one of the best atmosphere flight fighters in the game :)

My hunch (see previous post) - looks like it is working out as expected and in this RTV they talk specifically about the Gladius - its aerodynamics and its thrusters.   I did pick up the CCU from my Avenger Warlock to Gladius but haven't applied it yet.   I also have an $80 Gladius (its original sales price)........ but I can see the price point going up to $100 at the Anniversary sale - so if you are getting excited about this ship again - like I am - you might want to pick up a CCU sooner rather than later ;)

• 11 months later...

Been thinking of upgrading my 325a to a Gladius if I ever get rid of my SuperHornet... was looking at the Ships page and saw there was a "Pirate" version released a week or so ago?  I don't recall seeing this nor seeing it for sale.  Anyone have any info on this variant of the Gladius?

EDIT:  Looks like something released with the pirate package.  Unlocked if you beat Pirate Swarm in Arena Commander

image.thumb.png.42fde6d3af5fae67baf73989d073f10c.png

The only difference I see currently listed is that it has additional weapon mounts (though possibly no weapons mounted)  This is likely an error in the page

image.thumb.png.1c2c017a8f16b59adcd30fbd7aec057e.png

image.thumb.png.7590acedfaa600a5c8124918135e7539.png

@Buckaroo also see -->> https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/17281-Ominous-Tides

OMINOUS TIDES

Hoist the Colors

'All Hands on Deck!'

HOIST THE COLORS

To be the pirate you have to BEAT the pirate.

Exciting updates have come to Arena Commander's Pirate Swarm game mode in Alpha 3.7, including a monstrous new boss battle and an all-new reward for those hardy enough to defeat the attacking horde - a fully customized Pirate Gladius.

Strap in, ready the guns, and prepare to face off against multiple waves of piratical assailants who want nothing more than to ravage your ship and send you to a starry grave.

INTRODUCING THE PIRATE GLADIUS

Gladius_Pirate.jpg

GETTING THE AGGRESSION OUT

Battle the new Pirate Swarm in Alpha 3.7

Should you be a stout enough fighter to best the scurvy scourge, you'll find yourself staring down the abundant guns of a formidable new boss - a deadly pirate Hammerhead with a cadre of Buccaneers watching its back.

Fear not though. Taking out the dastardly gunship’s supporting minions will bring friendly AI pilots to fight by your side, helping to turn the tide of battle in your favor.

A victory will earn you the Pirate Aggressor badge and give you access to acquire not only the Pirate Caterpillar, but the all-new Pirate Gladius too. With an intimidating custom livery and a specially curated loadout, the Pirate Gladius is perfectly suited to pilots with a proclivity for scraps and skirmishes. A bountiful reward indeed.

BETWEEN YOU AND VICTORY...

Pirate_swarm_hammer-v2.jpg

Once you've completed the Pirate Swarm and defeated all who oppose you...

You can take their spoils as your own.

• 7 months later...

Gladius was mentioned in 3 different times this week.  Looks like its getting the first treatment in 2 new features, probably due to its large role in SQ42.

The flight model was detailed with improvements again  The whole article is really cool and worth reading if you sat out the 3.x patches because you didn't like the flight model changes.

Ships with wings are now able to stall, make level turns, lose speed in tight turns, and benefit from various aerodynamic features.

The aerodynamic interaction with wind is now more detailed, and you can expect the wind to push and pull ships in more complex ways. Breakable parts now affect aerodynamics, so a ship with a broken wing will no longer fly straight.

Expect EVERY ship to behave differently and with a lot more character. For example, each ship has its own aerodynamic stability, so the Gladius will feel more stable when compared to the Hawk, which can turn faster but is much harder to control. 

Aerodynamic ships like the Gladius will be better suited to flying in atmosphere as the lift generated by their wings negate the need for maneuvering thruster to keep them aloft. But, if a pilot wanted to treat a Gladius like a helicopter gunship, they could only do this for a limited time before straining the thrusters, whereas a Valkyrie with four large VTOL engines would have no problem.

Weapon Racks are being added.

Inside_Star_Citizen__Enemy_Mine___Spring_2020.gif.69f7e69709f50a0badc86a70146b95ab.gif

The cockpit is updated with a dash makeover with working toggles and lights.

fynd9i4bcq551.png

9O2fpb1.jpg