Graphic Card Suggestions?

ShadowMMG

I currently own a GTX 280, which obviously can't run SC. I also have a budget of under $150. Does anyone have any suggestions? i prefer Nividia GeForce cards but any other on my requirements will do too. The main question is are there any computer part stores that have cheap prices?
Thank you.

Unfortunately the graphics card market has jumped in price over the last few months.  Most suspect it is a supply and demand issue, because of the digital currency miners are mass purchasing cards for their rigs.  I recommend shopping on Newegg.  They have a US and Canadian site.  

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130900

Each of my kids computers, 3 of them, have these refurbished cards. Never had an issue. For the price, you really can't beat it.

Not the greatest card as of today's standards but all play WOW on ultra settings with no frame rate issues. It will definitely let you experience SC in a better than average environment, not at max graphic settings but still better than acceptable.

Listen to these posts! Great advice. The 650ti is a great card for performance vs cost

I'd also recommend going for the 650ti if money is short. A 2GB graphics card will be able to handle a good deal of games and still give you some pretty nice graphics. Thought you might want to start saving for a 4GB card in the near future. I run a 4GB GTX680 and it runs pretty hot when I've got the Hangar Module running on max graphics.

If you have the money, I have never had an issue with a gigabyte product. I have two 560's and they run everything perfectly in 1080p. So I doubt you would have a problem with the card you're looking at.

The problem really is that the technology is moving so quick, that what you buy today is old news in less than a year.

I recommend saving a little bit of your coffee and fast food money for about 5 months if you can hold off.

I, frankly, would not touch anything nvidia with a 50 in it (GTX650/750) or any equivalent AMD card. Why? Because I submit that you'll be replacing your "new" card by the end of Beta. An extra $50-$100 will give you a better card, nvidia or AMD.

• 2 weeks later...