Pray for Ukraine

Battlewulf

There is little reason for Putin NOT to invade the rest of Ukraine. I still have family there and am trying to get them out from here. Please pray for them, or if you have friends in Poland or Hungary please let me know. I hope I posted this in the correct section! God bless us all. Battlewulf

If they are not in the East or Crimea and not in the military, they will be ok. 

Problem of Ukraine is that neither the US or Europa care that much since no alliances exist, and on their own they are screwed. Putin knows how much he can pull off and get away with. A full occupation of Ukraine will be out of the question, occupying the Eastern regions of Ukraine will generate a lot of resistance towards Russia, while only Crimea seems acceptable so far with no bullets fired. 

How I see now on tv, in Ukraina is a military mobilization and the situation its already geting hot! I really hope there will not escalate into a open civil war just like in bosnia and croatia in the early 90" I know very well how war can be mesed up and chaotic and like awery war there is some political power centers who make all that chaos posible ,just like in bosnia/croatia/serbia civil war in the past! Im not religious person but I wish that all will setle down and the peace will rain again!

Just a heads up:

We are an international org, with lots of different views.

This event is in my opinion important and we should be able to talk about it.

But please please keep it civil so we don't have to clamp down on it.

@Korpir I have a coworker who is from Uzbekistan and very much an ethnic Russian. Whenever the Ukrainian topic is discussed during lunch, it always turns into a heater argument so I completely understand your reasoning.

@Battlewulf I sincerely hope your family is safe in the coming days. Hopefully most of what is being said is just political posturing and nothing more.

Ok, good. I did not want to do anything but to ask for those who have faith to pray for Ukraine because I know history, lived there, and have family there through marriage. This is not politics, and has gone beyond that and into what most likely will be war, which of course we all know is what happens when politics fail. I love everybody. You guys have been great to me, and I am happy to be a part of this group and the Imperium. May I am venting because I feel helpless because I am in the People Republic of California and too far away to help. Battlewulf

Battlewulf, I'm praying for your family, friends, and countrymen.  The whole situation is difficult and complicated.  Unfortunately I personally feel my country (U.S.A.)  has lost allot of political clout in the last 15-20 years and may not be much assistance.  Lets hope this can be solved with Diplomats and not soldiers. 

Im sure the EU will step in at some point to mediate all this for the better, even if they are usually slow on the uptake of stuff like this. Good old baroness Ashton!! Its within our interests to keep peace in Europe and if fundamentally what the EU is all about. However i do realise that Russia do have and interest in this situation but it all seems very heavy handed in very suspicious way IMO. So long as Ukraine don't go and do something stupid to provoke Russian im sure its all just a storm in a tea cup. 

They can be very suborn, and the fact that the Russians killed almost 11 million Ukrainians (1932-33) in one year still makes them mad at then still to this day. Remember, they fought till 1956 against them in the mountains after WW2 only stopping after the west failed to support the Hungarian uprising in '56.

I'm going to set politics aside for just a moment and say I've been following the images to come out of the protests for the last few weeks and many of them are truly striking. This one in particular caught my attention...

ukraine2.jpg

Seriously, that is an amazing image that captures a lot of what is happening over there. Any Hollywood director would be jealous of that kind of imagery, it's stunning.

Hey Battlewulf I will pray for your family. I hope this conflict will not end in a war but as it looks right now I have the fear it may.

However I have a friend in poland (hevent heard of him in a while), living in the cracow area, I can not give you any confirmation on if he will be able to help as he is in a bad situation himself, but if you want i can contact him via email to see if he is responding.

I heard the news on my way back home. I guess it was only a matter of time for Putin to find a reason to actually use his army and stretch some muscles at the expense of another country. I agree with Battlewulf, he is typical dictator. There is a lot at stake here, not only Ukraine and Russia future and reputation, but also the stability of the whole EU continent. I was saying it from the beginning, just let Ukraine deal with their internal problems, enough of bloodshed. I hope they realize what might be the possible outcome of this and just go home. We don´t need this.

I have several friends in Ukraine, Kiev and other cities on the "West"-friendly part of Ukraine. They are working tirelessly to help and support the new regime. As for the subject of Crimea crisis that is developing now, I am torn myself seeing how much Russian nationals actually live there and they used to own it too.

Of course the Russian military aggression is very much unwanted and seen upon as a violation of Ukraine sovereignty, I think that too.

The most important thing for the new regime to do is to gain control of the situation where they can and act passively/diplomatic towards the new Crimean crisis as long as they feel it possible. An all out conflict with the Russians/Crimeans would be an ignition for civil war for sure.