Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S.

Reavern

im waiting for the sc made stuff

im not a joystick user and amazed about the number of buttons etc on that thingh ;o looks complicated

but for sc i wil try to learn the joystick way :)  proberly die alot ;o

ya also getting a ocu rift ?

I had just bought the X-55 early today after considering the Warthog and other setups. This afternoon I continued my research and I Google reviews of the system and there's Reavern's thread. Nice to know my Squadron CO likes the same setup. It looks like I made the right choice. I plan on trying it on a few flight sims such as DCS, and FSX. I may have to build up my desk to bolt the throttle and joystick down.

Now, has anyone looked at the different Rudder pedals out there? The Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals are very pricey at around $180.00 and the CH Products Pro Pedals USB (300-111) are a little cheaper at around $90.00. The other sets out there didn't get as good reviews as these.

Yes, it appears I received a flight stick with a concave HAT switch for HAT-1 instead of the convex HAT seen in the official pics. It's not a big deal, but I'd prefer the correct HAT so they're easier to differentiate by feel.

I'm going to contact Saitek and request a replacement.

The metal panel on the left side of my stick is not flush with the rubber grip. It appears to be peeling away a little bit as I can press it down a little. Is your stick like that as well? Maybe it's no big deal. I can probably just glue it back on when it falls off.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Got my X-55 and my Combat Rudder Pedals today! Now I only have to find a nice flight sim for practising...

X-55 in the left hand does not feel good. As you assumed, thumb button is in the way. 

Also, I need to finish building my cockpit... Having the HOTAS on the desk results in a strange/uncomfortable position of my arms -.-

found RSI thread: 

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/41920/left-handed-or-symmetrical-joystick

recommending this:

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/products/t16000m

Maybe I get it in addition to the real deal as it is pretty cheap. And then I can also try 2 stick combos and strange stuff like that,

Yes, it appears I received a flight stick with a concave HAT switch for HAT-1 instead of the convex HAT seen in the official pics. It's not a big deal, but I'd prefer the correct HAT so they're easier to differentiate by feel.

I'm going to contact Saitek and request a replacement.

Congrats on the Rhino now that CR has one on his desk too. Did you ever get your HAT replaced with the correct one? I was fortunate with mine. Been flying FSX and DCS and both have been working out very well with the X-55. 

I'm going to try out mouse and keyboard and my old extreme 3d pro on the DFM, before I even consider putting down the money for a HOTAS. Maybe they will even come out with some better stuff later on.

I may have to build up my desk to bolt the throttle and joystick down.

Use sheets of velcro.

stick a large enough sheet of it, hook side to the bottom of the devices, and then peel the covering sheet from the plush side and set the thing on the surface you want. test position it before you peel off the covering sheet. There are all kinds of sellers.

Saitek apparently had a tour of the RSI office to put the x55 in the hands of the developers and test it in the DFM. So apparently it is pretty sure that it will be fully supported by the time the DFM will be release:

http://www.saitek.com/uk/blog/index.php/star-citizen-x-55-rhino-roberts-space-industries-studio-tour/

Got the link from Reddit.

Use sheets of velcro.

stick a large enough sheet of it, hook side to the bottom of the devices, and then peel the covering sheet from the plush side and set the thing on the surface you want. test position it before you peel off the covering sheet. There are all kinds of sellers.

http://www.joyloc.com/about_joyloc.htm

Too bad, it looks like these are not available any longer

http://www.rogerdodger.net/diyflightsims/online_ww2_fighter.html

Has anyone seen this, this like an inexpensive alternative

I have to admit Two joysticks sounds like fun. My only disapointment is that I dislike using joysticks, so I am put off even thing about buying anything new. I did today try to play with my really old Cyborg 3D in warthunder, but not only did I get cramp but It felt like when I was younger and playing CFS3 with the same joystick, I was never able to keep the plane steady and alway had problems with over correcting. You would have thought at that 9-10 years old I would have got the hang of it, and well I am disapointed I didn't. It now means that I will be stuck on the side of using a mouse, which I am okay with just I would have like to have a controler set up looking like somthing from the cockpit of The Blade Liger or Liger Zero from Zoids ^.=.^

Edited by Xenatharax

I have to say, the more I'm reading about the X55, the less I want one. While they look awesome and are functional, reports of the quality of the internals as well as the precision and accuracy of the stick itself has been disappointing. Too bad. I was really considering it.