Destroyer, Javelin-class

Tallhart

28 minutes ago, GeraldEvans said:

Why did I think it could launch two Gladiators?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Maybe because it would get exponentially more useful for anti small ship roles and make it flat out better than the idris in all respects? It would be awesome but way OP. The javelin would be able to solo anything by taking down enemy shields and then letting the gladiators rip the turrets apart. 

11 hours ago, Painmiester said:

The single ship  use of s warden or variety as a long range patrol ship.  It's forward eyes....

It's probably meant to be the Vanguard Hoplite troop carrier.... which might be what CIG wants to make official standard equipment for the Javelin instead of the Redeemer.

It's probably meant to be the Vanguard Hoplite troop carrier.... which might be what CIG wants to make official standard equipment for the Javelin instead of the Redeemer.

As much as I'm not a fan of our space borne stapler, I would rather see it up and running than replaced with the Vanguard. Not that I don't understand the expediency of this move where Squadron 42 is involved, but wonder how much of an additional delay would be incurred by 'doing it right' in this case when we're already making that sacrifice elsewhere.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The Redeemer is a solo ship really. I mean it can go on long haul flights.  The hoplite is mean more of a short haul attack (even though it has the fuel, but it doesn't have a toilet!). The Redeemer is not meant to land on any internal ship hanger. Point is during the TNGS episode (??) when CR said that it was not meant to land inside a ship(Idris), not sure which one. The Hoplite is just a placeholder we can use what we can fit. 

You know it is a shame that there isn't any argo(s) hanger as well. Tbh, I think it could have a larger bay inside with more that one hoplite, but only the one hanger bay door.

On 4/1/2017 at 0:54 PM, Devil Khan said:

The Redeemer is a solo ship really. I mean it can go on long haul flights.  The hoplite is mean more of a short haul attack (even though it has the fuel, but it doesn't have a toilet!). The Redeemer is not meant to land on any internal ship hanger. Point is during the TNGS episode (??) when CR said that it was not meant to land inside a ship(Idris), not sure which one. The Hoplite is just a placeholder we can use what we can fit. 

You know it is a shame that there isn't any argo(s) hanger as well. Tbh, I think it could have a larger bay inside with more that one hoplite, but only the one hanger bay door.

I'm not sure where you're getting your information...  but I think you might be wrong.

First off, the Javelin (as it was originally designed) is supposed to be able to carry a Redeemer.  Which is a fact that was made abundantly clear in the original sale announcement for the Javelin.

The Javelin’s main hangar is also located in this area. While smaller than a dedicated carrier’s hangar, the Javelin can still accommodate a limited number of individual spacecraft. The Hangar is primarily designed to deploy a single Aegis Redeemer gunship and a crew of marines for boarding operations, but other ship types can also be stored.

Secondly Javelin owners DO get a Argo for free with their ship, which STRONGLY implies that there IS an "Argo Bay" somewhere on the ship, which was revealed in the original sale announcement for the Argo MPUV

Backers who have already pledged for the Idris or Javelin in the past will already have an ARGO in their inventory (Personnel for the Idris, Cargo for the Javelin.)

So, while I will freely admit that nothing is set in stone until the final ship is released into the game.  What we officially know so far, would imply that both of your statements about the Javelin-class Destroyer, are incorrect.

But I will admit that, if we were to find out that The Redeemer has been replaced with the Vanguard Hoplite (since that seems to have replaced the Redeemer as their default troop carrier) I would not be surprised.

44 minutes ago, Arcanus said:

But I will admit that, if we were to find out that The Redeemer has been replaced with the Vanguard Hoplite (since that seems to have replaced the Redeemer as their default troop carrier) I would not be surprised.

The Redeemer might be the third party "pirate/civilian" version of the troop/personnel carrier if it's officially replaced :)

I believe the Javelin will be very modular in it's design of which ship it can carry in the bay, that's the nature of military vehicles

13 hours ago, Arcanus said:

I'm not sure where you're getting your information...  but I think you might be wrong.

First off, the Javelin (as it was originally designed) is supposed to be able to carry a Redeemer.  Which is a fact that was made abundantly clear in the original sale announcement for the Javelin.

Secondly Javelin owners DO get a Argo for free with their ship, which STRONGLY implies that there IS an "Argo Bay" somewhere on the ship, which was revealed in the original sale announcement for the Argo MPUV

So, while I will freely admit that nothing is set in stone until the final ship is released into the game.  What we officially know so far, would imply that both of your statements about the Javelin-class Destroyer, are incorrect.

From the picture, a redeemer won't fit and close the doors as well. Unless of course the Redeemer will be lowered IE the top turret retracts or something. Seriously, never take anything for 100% truth as CIG have changed their ships quite a bit. Idris for example. It was a corvette and only takes two fighters, no argos and only 120-30m long. 

The main hanger can hold the Argo.

That as the concept ship and then the block layout, but I am talking actually ingame ship now, sneak peak.

Don't get me wrong I prefer redeemer, over a hoplite anyday. However, they are just illustrating the size of hanger. Javelin is an Anti-ship weapon really, most orgs will use it as an FOB/blockade aside from fleet battles of course some will use them as a cargo hauler :D.

Also question:

How do you get a fork lift off the hanger lift? :D 

• 2 weeks later...

The Javelin looks  even more detailed. How ever did they remove the BFG on the center of the ship on top with the bridge just ahead? I thought there was a small turret facing backward as well. The animated piece on the turret looks very cool, but kinda stupid I mean the whole hanving to "roll" down/up. I had assumed that it was the smaller turrets that had been removed. I guess I was wrong and it was the "super size it" turret.

Anyway, Can we assume that there is 2 main turrets, 1 top and 1 bottom? Thinking yes as the bottom rail is not the connector for a "retailator" :D.   She looks very "puu-tay" and the manned turrets look fanstic

Oh yes, Is it me or are the two turrets (on top) in front facing have a large black spot it the very front of the ship. Also did they "loss" the missiles and replace them with forward torps.

They have a nice job done, but I'm kinda disappointed that the concept sale and the ship now, I mean completely specs losing. Losing one HUGE turret and that was the moving the bridge to the right and the central huge turret. anyway turret is gone and never coming back. 

First of all WOW..... wow :wub:

I was very impressed by this ship shape on the Javelin!!!   My favorite ship has always been the Phoenix........ but it may have just shifted (we'll have to see how it runs with a large crew in game).   Large ships like this (even ships like the Hull E) will require great group coordination and will require a large group effort to outfit so it is an effective ship when it is put into service.  Remember the Javelin is a striped down ship even at $3k (but now I can honestly say it is worth every penny).   I was fortunate enough to pick one up at $2.5k but I can easily see another price increase on this ship now to $3.5k as concept ships increase over the years towards launch.

43 minutes ago, Devil Khan said:

They have a nice job done, but I'm kinda disappointed that the concept sale and the ship now, I mean completely specs losing. Losing one HUGE turret and that was the moving the bridge to the right and the central huge turret. anyway turret is gone and never coming back. 

This doesn't concern me at all....... and I am absolutely POSITIVE that it won't concern you either once you see how large the Javelin Torpedoes are (its real - STS weapon for taking on larger ships).  :stormtrooper:

+++++

Now I am at a dilemma as to which ship to bring along in the Javelin Hangar.....  I am thinking either the Redeemer or Harbinger (it would obviously depend on the mission if you knew it ahead of time).   If you didn't know - which ship would put in the Javelin's hangar?

39 minutes ago, Morgenroete said:

I'll take Redeemer. Just because I still see the Vanguard-class as heavy fighter and not an efficient drop ship.

Well the Hoplite is an effective Vanguard class Drop ship - but I like the Redeemer better....... however...... if you need to go after big ships it might make since to bring the Harbinger as a bomber (to supplement your firepower) as oppose to a Gun-Ship / Drop-ship like the Redeemer.   I think it really depends on the mission.

I can even see a Cutlass Red as being a desirable ship to carry in a Javelin bay if it were a larger fleet mission - wouldn't you think?

The Javelin was built specifically to carry a Redeemer (and  do think it makes sense) - but on certain missions it may make sense to swap..... = I can even see a Hornet Tracker or Terrapin as being highly valued for certain missions (for tactical extended scanning) as another example.....

Would it be ironic to bring a stealth fighter :). I'd have one save for the cost of it with zero weapons. :( I hope it will be able to take a Redeemer like in the first mock up with the redeemer, but I am hesitant with the "new" bay. I think the bay is closer to the bay doors and you could clearly see the "huge" struts below underneath the platform seem excessive.

Tbh, the elevator should be flush with the rest of the hanger floor.

6 minutes ago, Devil Khan said:

Would it be ironic to bring a stealth fighter :). I'd have one save for the cost of it with zero weapons. :( I hope it will be able to take a Redeemer like in the first mock up with the redeemer, but I am hesitant with the "new" bay. I think the bay is closer to the bay doors and you could clearly see the "huge" struts below underneath the platform seem excessive.

Tbh, the elevator should be flush with the rest of the hanger floor.

A stealth fighter like a Ghost or Sabre could have its uses for setting up an ambush.

Actually I think it would be cool if the elevator could go lower then the surrounding finish floor.... and might need to since the Vanguard at 8.8m high (we know fits) but the Redeemer at 11m high may need this extra clearance.    All they need is a drop down ladder if the hanger floor does drop down below the height of the surrounding access corridors.

I picked up on the fact that F42 admitted that the Javelin grew in size (as it does with all ships F42 gets their hands on)... and it looks like others have picked on this as well...

.... From Spectrum...

Sloan Warrior@SloanWarrior

Javelin Updated Stats? How much has it grown?

Seeing the Javelin next to the Idris, and the comments about how the UK make things bigger, I'm wondering exactly how large the Javelin has grown. From the looks of this animation, it's possibly nearing twice the length of the Idris:

DistantNeglectedGazelle-size_restricted.

That could put it somewhere over 400m. Still, it could be a perspective thing.

From the lines I added to this, it looks like it could be over 500 bloody meters lol.  And yet in that gif it looks much smaller...perspective is a bitch.  I thought that maybe the Idris is just further below than first thought, but their bridge sizes are about the same.

javlength.thumb.jpg.e9dcaea90c61fa493aae1f1d45171992.jpg

Idris shot for reference length for the area shrounded in darkness (rough guess).

a8702a253f0e4442b4bb465759bc6222.jpeg

UPDATE: Using GIMP's measuring tool, it puts the Javelin at roughly 2.25x the length, which is ~540m +/- 20-40m to allow for error.