Destroyer, Javelin-class

Tallhart

The rear engines in those pictures are still angled slightly, unlike the pictures we saw in the Invictus advertising.  So it's possibly an older model?  I want that increased field of fire... :P  Or maybe they adjust automatically somehow.

Just prepare for a massive increase in javelin numbers. I mean to me it appears CIG marketing are pushing the javelin very hard so I could see them increasing the total number by a doubling in this sale alone. Currently around 2000 are in circulation.

Just now, pyro nl said:

wait this thingh is ingame ?

It's "in game" in the sense that there is a NPC-crewed Javelin that will be flying around between Area 18 and Bajini Point (orbital) for Fleet Week.   But it (probably) won't be "in game" in the sense of current owners being able to spawn one for a while yet (probably not until after SQ42 releases).

FYI... there will be 1 Javelin-class destroyer, and possibly 2 (but at least 1) Idris-class frigates, as well as a squadron of F8 fighters painted bright red acting as an "aerial/aerospace demonstration team" putting on regular shows with fireworks at set times throughout "Fleet Week"

There isn't a fully working Javelan ingame of asset(s) afaik. Only the shell which we know has been done for a while ( with tweaks here and there ) but no interior. The same goes with the idris shell but no interior.

IF they sell the Javelan, they will be really small and very pricy. you will need a lot to use it effectively, otherwise the player pirates would love to jack it. If not for use then for presstige.

also it's just a shell no guns, shields or various components. which alone cost more than most other ships (if not even the Idris) on ingame currency. they past few times it came on sale I narrowedly declined it heh 😄

2 hours ago, Devil Khan said:

There isn't a fully working Javelan ingame of asset(s) afaik. Only the shell which we know has been done for a while ( with tweaks here and there ) but no interior. The same goes with the idris shell but no interior.

IF they sell the Javelan, they will be really small and very pricy. you will need a lot to use it effectively, otherwise the player pirates would love to jack it. If not for use then for presstige.

also it's just a shell no guns, shields or various components. which alone cost more than most other ships (if not even the Idris) on ingame currency. they past few times it came on sale I narrowedly declined it heh 😄

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine?

Yes, you are correct, the Javelin that will be on display is probably just a "shell", and it will (probably) be the same with the Idris.   Why?  Because there's no reason for it to be anything else.  As far as we know, these ships aren't being made available for players to tour or to spawn, so why waste game resources including an interior that no one should be able to access?  Doing so would only encourage people to try various game exploits to glitch into the interior and try to take over the ship (which several Evocati already proven, by trying to do just that), which is not the point of Fleet Week.  We know that the Idris interior is either completely done or at least 95% done, because we have seen that interior both in CIG productions and in videos that were created after Teller data-mined the asset.  The Javelin uses most of the same interior building set, so I expect that the Javelin is almost completely done as well.  The only areas of the Javelin that differ significantly from the Idris (the bridge, the hangar bay, and the engine room... which is much bigger) have already been shown previously, so we know that those areas are (mostly) done as well.   In addition, it does appear that many of the systems (weapons, engineering, navigation etc.) are fully functional, and it's even possible that the ship is being run (to a limited extent) by AI, rather than running on a scripted flight path (i.e. "rails").  Why?  Because I've heard that the ship can avoid obstacles and/or player ships that might be in the way, whenever it departs or returns to the capital ship dock.  Taken altogether, that represents significant progress in the realm of Capital Ship Development from what we have seen (or been shown) previously, and probably was necessary to respond to all of the disappointment created within the community (especially the people who owned large Capital Ships) when the Idris mission was removed from the 3.9 update.

As for the price, well the Javelin was always pretty expensive, but I don't really think it will have gone up much compared to what it was last sold for.... which, once again, definitely IS expensive.  However this time, unlike all of the other times it has been on sale, people will actually get a chance to see it in-game before they buy it.  Yes, people will need a large group to support them in running a Javelin, but that's one of the main advantages to being a member of a large, well-organized group (Org/Fleet/Corp/etc.) within Star Citizen.  Personally I think Capital ship game play will be a lot of fun.

So, anyhow buy it if you want to, or not... either way, let people enjoy Fleet Week, personally, I think (or at least hope that) it's going to be a lot of fun.

I wasn't trying to bring down, I mean I was just trying to avoid them from getting hyped and then crashing and burning everything. There are quite a few ships which we wouldn't know are there until Sq42 goes live(possibly beta). It is the upkeep that will cost you a mint just constantly making sure there is food ingame and fuel (at least 2 types). personally I'm not gonna buy one, it looks amazing. Just it needs a small fleet behind her at all times, not for protection, I mean for refuelling, restocking, rearming etc etc. I know a few ships that will be that way.

One thing though, I wonder are they still going to go ahead with possible Mutiny (I mean not feeding or looking after well even NPCs), I'd like it if they implment it well.

15 hours ago, VoA said:

MUST see for any Javelin owner..... $ well spent... the weapons on it are obscene 😍 

I have not seen the Javelin in game yet.  But I will admit everyone who owns a Javelin, it is truly awe inspiring!

The javelin carries  only a med ship in its small med bay it is a capital assault ship   - the drake Kraken is a capital light carrier (8-12 )the Pegasus is a capital main fleet carrier (2-3 wings) and the bangal is the capital Flag carrier(several wings med/hvy fighters) and  a few lg ships like a  Connie /carraks.

Not sure if yall seen these, but here is a zoomed in look of those point defense turrets moving and aiming,, was posted on reddit:

uee_navy_fighting_backedit: looks like i cant post reddit links, but here is a screenshot of the section im referring to, note the top smaller turrets are aimed in a different direction as main turret:

image.png.a92b0c05889394d7478421a850d55efc.png

edit he uploaded the vid to youtube, check around the 12 sec mark

uee_navy_fighting_backuee_navy_fighting_backuee_navy_fighting_back

CaptainRichard also streamed how fast the Javelin sold out this year...

https://clips.twitch.tv/CheerfulHotGuanacoPhilosoraptor

CaptainRichard ambushed the Javelin with a group of 50 Talis....Javelin is invulnerable, after he got back into the game, all the Talis had fired all their torps and Jav was still 100% health

https://clips.twitch.tv/AntsyBeautifulMeerkatRalpherZ