Destroyer, Javelin-class

Tallhart

On 4/14/2017 at 10:56 AM, VoA said:

I think CIG needs to implement a code based authentication for the capital ship pilot owners.  As soon as you sit in the captain's chair you have to enter your PIN in order to be able to fly, this way you limit access and wont have to worry about theft or drunk drivers :)

Lovely if it not includes shields as well, then I can see it owning by a p52 or Aurora heh. The missing spot is the main gun, but the now main gun and rear turret were merged to a less amount.

Still wish the two forward turrets were further forward tbh. Anyway, I doubt they would be moved forward.

11 hours ago, Donut said:

Turrets don't come with it by default. I remember reading about that a couple years ago

And the cost of getting the large weapons and setting them up is supposed to be roughly equivalent to the cost of buying a Javelin in the first place, but cash to UEC conversion. There's a lot of theorycrafting on it somewhere in these forums and Imperium has policies regarding it. I'm sure you know, but in case others don't 

So if you own a javlin or Idris and you need Guns just get them at the start of the game when you can ,No crysis same with any equipment not provided  at this time...

Same with the mining ships,the hull series ships numerous cargo container types

Most folks that bought capital ships  will have the funds to improve these ships 10-30%  may not....but that's OK .

That's we're we all come together as imperium. 

Everything will come together  when the time is right.

@bOcy Remember the weapons assigned by default to the Idris ... The kind that would fear a heavy fighter. Idris weapons looking at stats (of course better chance at beating your head with a dull spoon) are meh. Going to upgrade mine asap.

@Painmiester Erg... yes you can. They can "hack" or for some things just walk out the door.  Also you are giving roles to other players/npcs, a role even for NPCs is that they can mutiny if they grow unhappy.    

So if you own a javlin or Idris and you need Guns just get them at the start of the game when you can ,No crysis same with any equipment not provided  at this time...

Same with the mining ships,the hull series ships numerous cargo container types

Most folks that bought capital ships  will have the funds to improve these ships 10-30%  may not....but that's OK .

That's we're we all come together as imperium. 

Everything will come together  when the time is right.

1 hour ago, Devil Khan said:

@bOcy Remember the weapons assigned by default to the Idris ... The kind that would fear a heavy fighter. Idris weapons looking at stats (of course better chance at beating your head with a dull spoon) are meh. Going to upgrade mine asap.

@Painmiester Erg... yes you can. They can "hack" or for some things just walk out the door.  Also you are giving roles to other players/npcs, a role even for NPCs is that they can mutiny if they grow unhappy.    

ok for the sake  of the discussion you are deep some where in your cap. Allone and these things get bad   and shit happens   you could  be Screwed. ..if any one in imperium steals stuff off a cap and gets caught  well hope you can deal with being hunted a long time.

now if you crew from out side imp...your on your own....I guess.

roll with friends and others and most issues will stay issues   not problems.

ok for the sake  of the discussion you are deep some where in your cap. Allone and these things get bad   and shit happens   you could  be Screwed. ..if any one in imperium steals stuff off a cap and gets caught  well hope you can deal with being hunted a long time.

I don't see why anyone would have permissions to access Imperium assets solo unless they had already been deemed trustworthy long before. I suspect that the Imperium "fleet bank" for capitals will only be accessible by a small circle consisting of the top officers and that any time a capital is pulled out there will be plenty of players around to ensure nobody is stealing stuff. 

If someone steals off a private Jav owned by someone in Imperium, that's the owners fault

10 hours ago, Karmaslap said:

I don't see why anyone would have permissions to access Imperium assets solo unless they had already been deemed trustworthy long before. I suspect that the Imperium "fleet bank" for capitals will only be accessible by a small circle consisting of the top officers and that any time a capital is pulled out there will be plenty of players around to ensure nobody is stealing stuff. 

If someone steals off a private Jav owned by someone in Imperium, that's the owners fault

If you need to use Imperiums assets, I think its only when you request it through the missions system and @Operations Officer approves the use of it for that specific mission. Which is still a work in progress and will change as needed in the future.

10 hours ago, Painmiester said:

Well that doest make sense most of the cap owners are private   wow.......that are in Imperium.  Wow  .. 

Imperium does not show our ship numbers, especially our Capital ship numbers for security reasons. As you're talking in a general thread right now that is accessible by all SCB members, you can understand why we do not disclose our numbers to all members as the information is not needed. Members have free will to hide or show their capital ships but ask they inform Operations for future endeavours.

8 hours ago, Lady Tyreanthil Kyranthia said:

what do you mean?

thinking of getting a cap next time..

j

As with any thing... every thing got taken out of context. ..yes you could loose a cap,or LG ship get hijacked ,robbed .,striped  the alone part was ment too with your crew but go figure.....now.if you out on the deep end  .well you might loose it.  That does not mean the deed will be forgoten....

Nothing is written in stone yet. 

Most of the talk here is in generalities .

And if your looking to upgrade , to a supper size ship there are no barriers to what you may procure .

For people (reading this thread) who are members of Imperium, that have questions about how we (as an Org) plan on handling issues like security, training,  crewing, missions, and equipment upgrades for (Imperium) member-owned Capital Ships (like the Javelin-class Destroyer), I would like to invite you to read previous posts in this thread (honest, we've answered a lot of these questions already!), the SCB/Imperium Wiki (particularly the Operations Section) where we will always try to have the most current information updated on a regular basis, AND I would also encourage you to ask any questions that you might have in the Operations Section of the Imperium sub-forum especially the Capital Ship Coordination section (since we won't really be discussing private Org policies in a public section of the SCB forum). We (as an Org, and especially Operations as a Division) have put a LOT of thought into this, and so I can virtually guarantee you that we have at least tried to come up with plans, policies, and answers for how we will handle every contingency....  but nothing has been set in stone, because we don't have any Capital Ships in the game, to test our plans out with (yet).  Lastly, if these resources still don't help you (or you are an SCB, but non-Imperium member that still would like to ask us a question), I would invite you to send a PM to a member of the Ops team (we're all listed in the public wiki), or to hop into the public section of the Imperium Teamspeak or Discord Servers, where one of the members of the Operations Team is almost always online, we still won't reveal any "secrets" ( @Ostia is always watching you know :secret:), but we will do our best to answer any legitimate questions that you might have.

Meanwhile, for everyone, this is a thread specifically dedicated to the Javelin-class Destroyer, and while we have no rules against theory-crafting in this section, there's no real point in arguing about differences of opinions when there's absolutely no final information (on how these ships will operate) that has been released by CIG yet (believe me, I've been looking), one of you may be right, or all of you could be wrong... but either way, until it's been made official by CIG (and maybe not even then) it's all just speculation (hopefully) in the interest of fun, and not worth anyone getting upset over.

• 2 months later...

i would say the idris, therefore you could store 3 ships in its own hangar....

(my best answer would be it depends on your mission, but my jack of all trade if i had a javelon would be a superhornet with the tracker retrofit kit availanle just nearby. my second bet would be a hornet tracker)

1 hour ago, LloydM said:

So what is the best ship at the moment to keep in the Javelin hangar?

Well, if you listen to the recent UEE (CIG) Javelin related posts & videos, it sounds as if a Vanguard Hoplite would be the best (or at least the "official" UEE) choice.....   Although personally, I'd try to see if an Esperia Prowler could fit in there.

To be honest, an argo is probably one of the better ships. However, The Javelin is designs to destroy other Frigates/destroyers. It's the largest ship you can get atm. However, the corp/org would be better suited to the Idris really for having a kinda temp "POS" base.

Probably get a Vanguard with it's many BUK, Vanguard Hoplite.                                                  

I think the prowler is too tall, but it's a dropship, not a boarding ship really.